Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

They had us winning 4 gold yesterday and we only got 1. Think there's some pretty good chances to make the difference up elsewhere. Jess Fox for triple gold maybe?

Wearn is on their list for gold and starts tonight in the men's dinghy. Five days, 10 races. The 2023 and 2024 world champion and won gold in Tokyo.
True but when I wrote that, only 2of the 4 had happened last night.

So thats now 6 out of 9. Mollie was a shock, the other 2 not really.

They had us winning 4 gold yesterday and we only got 1. Think there's some pretty good chances to make the difference up elsewhere. Jess Fox for triple gold maybe?

Wearn is on their list for gold and starts tonight in the men's dinghy. Five days, 10 races. The 2023 and 2024 world champion and won gold in Tokyo.
Jess Fox is a 2.30 fav for the KX-1 and at this stage you wouldn’t bet against her to triple up. Would be a monumental achievement in a sport where one small mistake in a semi or a final can rule you out immediately.

Kaylee a genuine chance in the 200 IM too, and Gracenote hasn’t got Nina Kennedy in the pole vault who is a red hot chance. There’s a few others around the mark too, eg Saya Sakakabira in the BMX, our men’s K2 500 (think they might be reigning Olympic champs) and K4, and a few velodrome events. I think we might scrape to around 15 golds barring any mishaps (McEvoy could easily get done in the 50 free for example as it’s such a lottery).

Last edited:
Race walking events have been delayed due to the weather.

Men’s 20km will start in 20 odd minutes, weather permitting.

Women’s 20km will start just before 6pm.

Our men are next to no chance of a medal. Perhaps a top 10 finish though.

Jemima Montag however should be right up there in the women’s race. Should medal, and a definite chance for gold.

The walking looks un-natural.

But hope they do well.
The only time I walk like that is when I am 3 houses away from home after a walk and my body says ' ooh home toilet is close get there quicker'

Surely Kel from Kath and Kim is representing Australia in the walking.

exercise-letsdothis.gif

The Aussies bottled this beach volleyball match… way too conservative on their serve when they had a couple of match points. If they blow it, they only have themselves to blame. Hopefully they recover.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back