Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussie men upset the home team in the water polo, winning 9-8.

Great result.
Jeez I was watching that then went and did something at 3rd quarter and forgot all about it. The Sharks are playing out of their skins this Olympics.

The shot that sealed Sharks’ win with 24 seconds to go​

Australia have stunned France to continue their stellar start to the men’s water polo competition.

The Sharks beat the world No.4 French 9-8 to go to a 2-1 record from their first three games.

1722526443396.png

Saw Saya Sakakibara's ride just before the swimming started. Got in front at the first hill and never was headed after that and won by half a second.

Last edited:
Saw Saya Sakakabri's ride just before the swimming started. Got in front at the first hill and never was headed after that and won by half a second.
Exact same in the second ride. She's on fire.

Few people I'd like to see win gold more than her, after what happened in Tokyo (and everything else).

Exact same in the second ride. She's on fire.

Few people I'd like to see win gold more than her, after what happened in Tokyo (and everything else).
That second run looked even more dominate.

Saw Saya Sakakibara's ride just before the swimming started. Got in front at the first hill and never was headed after that and won by half a second.

Smashed the field in the second run

Surely you have a couple hanging back to prevent that ?

After watching a few Rugby 7 games I don't think it would work like in normal rugby where there is less space and you could afford dropping someone back. There's just to much space already.

Rugby 7 seems to be more one on one and relies more on individual brilliance.

I didn't see the missed tackle until yesterday, that's just unforgivable really.

Saya wins race number 3 easily again.

But she has a big advantage by starting on the right hand side ie left as we watch TV screen. If everyone gets an equal start, then come the first bend you have the inside line. Wonder if it is based on world ranking?

Saya wins race number 3 easily again.

But she has a big advantage by starting on the right hand side ie left as we watch TV screen. If everyone gets an equal start, then come the first bend you have the inside line. Wonder is based on world ranking?
Must be world rankings coming in, then points/times as you go? They mentioned a few times that she'd chosen spot 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can someone quickly bring us up to speed on the BMX. Sakakibara looks unbeatable but does it ultimately come down to a one off final where anyone can crash out? Or is gold settled over a series of 3 or something?

Just trying to manage expectations.
Looking at the schedule, there's 3 semis (same as the heats) and then a one-and-done final.

So I'll be super nervous watching along haha

Can someone quickly bring us up to speed on the BMX. Sakakibara looks unbeatable but does it ultimately come down to a one off final where anyone can crash out? Or is gold settled over a series of 3 or something?

Just trying to manage expectations.

One race for the final it’s why I don’t love the format.

Remove this Banner Ad

Aussies Aussie Watch - Paris 2024 - Paralympics 28 Aug - 8 Sep

Remove this Banner Ad

Back