Austin Wonaeamirri delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

asidbjaskdb. no big surprise but im still massively disappointed. must draft some small forwards now since we have absolutely none. wouldve bin nice to get pick 39 for bate and bin able to keep wona but oh well i guess we need half a dozen 3rd talls on our list.

The club may have offered him 12 months to get where he needs to be and assess it this time next year. However where bailey was "everyone's mate" neeld will not be and may be making his first toughie. I would be happy to take him as a rookie and give him 12 months just to keep him on the list. We've had Campbell and McNamara on the list surely we could give Aussie 12 months.

The club may have offered him 12 months to get where he needs to be and assess it this time next year. However where bailey was "everyone's mate" neeld will not be and may be making his first toughie. I would be happy to take him as a rookie and give him 12 months just to keep him on the list. We've had Campbell and McNamara on the list surely we could give Aussie 12 months.

Agree - he can play AFL. Make him a rookie. Treat him mean, keep him keen.

Agree - he can play AFL. Make him a rookie. Treat him mean, keep him keen.
Based on the statement from MFC regarding Aussie and Juice's delistings, it seems unlikely that we'll rookie Aussie. It states that the club has been unable to ascertain what Aussie's intentions are.

The club has obviously decided that we're better offer with someone who has the hunger for AFL.

I hope he can be re-drafted as a rookie, but I think that the most important thing for Aussie is definitely for him to find peace and be happy as a person first and foremost. All the best turtle stew, one of my favourites and sad to see you go!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope he can be re-drafted as a rookie, but I think that the most important thing for Aussie is definitely for him to find peace and be happy as a person first and foremost. All the best turtle stew, one of my favourites and sad to see you go!

My missus was shattered when I told her Aussie had been moved on. But I agree with you. Aussie's well-being is what's important here. If his heart is not in it, then it is best for both parties to move on.

Really sorry to see him go. I always thought he was our best small forward...just couldn't get a consistant crack at it. Hope he gets another chance.

Based on the statement from MFC regarding Aussie and Juice's delistings, it seems unlikely that we'll rookie Aussie. It states that the club has been unable to ascertain what Aussie's intentions are.

The club has obviously decided that we're better offer with someone who has the hunger for AFL.

I read it the other way, they said something about 'working with him on the next stage of his life'. That could involve a rookie listing, or maybe they're just being compassionate.

It all depends what Aussie wants to do next, and how he applies himself if he does want another shot with us.

This sucks... He's had it hard over the last year.. I just hope he doesn't end up at another club.

This sucks... He's had it hard over the last year.. I just hope he doesn't end up at another club.
Not quite sure why it "sucks"
In his fours years at the club he played 26 senior games,
Imo there were a bare half dozen that were good games that justified his selection the following week.
He was either constantly injured / over weight.
I think the MFC gave him more lattitude than any other player on our list over that period.
Admittedly he had a bad 2011 off the field however
When you cannot find the guy to discuss his future what choice do you have?
If the MFC is rise to the top we have to make hard decisions and IMO this was an easy one.
He simply could not cut it at AFL level.

Remove this Banner Ad

Austin Wonaeamirri delisted

Remove this Banner Ad

Back