Australian Open 2010

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm .. with Aussie Kim gone and it being unlikely that we will have a player in the quarters, who are we going to claim as our own for the latter stages of the second week? Normally Clijsters took that responsibility but her being eliminated has really screwed things up for 7. Any big name players have Australian coaches?

How about… ‘Aussie’ Jie! In honour of Sandon Stolle’s brief 2007 stint as member of the Chinese tennis federation coaching staff. Jie credits Sandon with revitalising her career and dedicated her heroic 2008 Wimbledon run to him. The pair remain in close contact and Jie regards Sandon as not only a mentor, but also a close friend.

Okay, I made that last bit up... BUT... look what I found! Nothing says aussie like a trip down the yarra with the ever-smooth Pete Colhoun. Aussie Jie looks she wouldn't want to anywhere else! :eek:

[YOUTUBE]YC6oAZP4KuI[/YOUTUBE]

Man, can't believe i am going to miss the Lleyton match due to a bloody freaking wedding :thumbsdown::thumbsdown: God damn it. Hoping theres a tv at the reception but i highly doubt that :mad:

Just hoping that Lleyton won't get beaten like the way he did in the Syd medibanks. Hope this match will be a ripper. Don't disappoint me Lleyton

Half an hour early, night sessions have been starting at 7pm this year.

Really pumped up for that game by the way.

With all the fuss about how late tonight's match will finish, I'm predicting it'll be straight sets for someone. They've even brought the match forward an hour to 6:30pm.

According to 7 they have, yet the official website says 7pm and 7 has advertised a "first week review" at 6.30pm.

Sounds like a con job to me, we all tune in at 6.30 and have to watch big head Griggs and her stupid take on whats happened so far this week.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Davydenko the dark horse is on fire. Maybe he has turned a corner? Usually he just dominates the more minor events but after his lead up to the Aussie Open you can't help but feel he is the real deal now. Every year there is a bolter (well Davydenko is ranked right up there but isn't ever really talked about as a real contender) and it looks like it could be him.

Petrova to beat Kuznetsova @ $2.15 looks juicy to me. Petrova in super form and Kuznetsova just travelling along solidly. Can't see Kuznetsova troubelling Petrova a whole lot in that match, if she plays anywhere near the standard she played Clijsters at she'll bolt in.

Venus Williams was certainly wearing a revealing dress. She also had no qualms bending over, showing off her G string & chocolate cheeks for the camera after her defeat of Delacqua.

Davydenko the dark horse is on fire. Maybe he has turned a corner? Usually he just dominates the more minor events but after his lead up to the Aussie Open you can't help but feel he is the real deal now. Every year there is a bolter (well Davydenko is ranked right up there but isn't ever really talked about as a real contender) and it looks like it could be him.

Davydenko was my pre-tournament pick and I went to his match today and he is in mighty fine form. The man is ruthless, can run down anything and generally picks the right shot. I also went to the Dulko match and she is smoking hot in the flesh.

How good is the men's tournament shaping up;

If all matches go to plan in this round and the round of 16, quarter finals will be;

1. Federer vs Davydenko

2. Djokovic vs Tsonga

3. Roddick vs Del Potro

4. Nadal vs Murray

That would make for 4 absolute classic line ups, not to mention the potential semi final matchups.:)

Stuff the women's side, 3 possible winners, Men's has 8.

Tomorrow on Rod Laver

Murray vs Isner
Karlovic vs Nadal

Henin vs Wickmayer
Roddick vs Gonzalez

Seriously looked as though she was wearing nothing at all.

19966785.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back