The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Maybe you can elaborate on what you are trying to explain here?

You keep editing posts so its hard to respond to you lol
I think it was pretty obvious - the idea that all people who feel entitled to act outside the law being dumb - it's a sweeping statement and it is false.

There are plenty of smart people who act outside the law - be they doing so in protest of a higher cause (Assange, Mandela) or simply because they don't give a ****. (most fraudsters for example, highly intelligent serial killers, etc)

I think it was pretty obvious - the idea that all people who feel entitled to act outside the law being dumb - it's a sweeping statement and it is false.

There are plenty of smart people who act outside the law - be they doing so in protest of a higher cause (Assange, Mandela) or simply because they don't give a ****. (most fraudsters for example, highly intelligent serial killers, etc)

suggesting people at this rally/protest are in the same ilk as Nelson Mandela is the only sweeping statement here mate rofl.

Melbourne is not Sth Africa

protest peacefully or get arrested.

Its pretty simple

Please respect other posters and learn what a sweeping statement actually means before saying it next time.

A sweeping statement is a statement that's not carefully thought about.....i used it pretty accurately in my post to you.........

I only added to posts after 1 minute.
You can't make a blanket statement that intelligent people don't commit crimes and expect to be taken serously

i said "in general"

This protest clearly showed it.

They're smart enough to know the reality of the military-industrial complex.

Yeah, then concrete themselves to a car that will do nothing to stop actually it.

No one is disputing anyone's right to protest here, as long as it's done legally.

After all, the Declaration of Independence does hold the following words, does it not?
Lol the Declaration of Independence,that post needs to be read in Russel Brand's voice.

Bring back Guy Fawkes night so people can let off a bit of steam by burning shit and going mad with fireworks.
bonfire-night-guy-fawkes-night.gif

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Now you don't understand the difference between AND and OR.

Try to catch up.

you are clutching now.

You were wrong. Just accept it and move on.

Because they don't want to get injured and waste their resources of defending private companies.

i think you would like to think that how its going to work.

it is up to governments.

If the economic benefits of hosting the expo outweigh the negatives of hosting the expo. it will go ahead again. Defense is a huge industry and money talks.

The premier and Mayor have both said it was very successful economically. Nothing said has indicated they won't do it again, if the opportunity pops up. Police certainly have made no statement about it, they have made no statements about officers being unduly injured.

Actually, if you break it down, the protest is the thing that actually impacted the economy negatively, not the expo itself.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back