The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ghost Patrol for starters, but he wasn't alone.
Far as I recall there was general laughter at delusional cookers protesting against their fantasy conspiracy theories. Posturing and performing for YouTube subs, sending money to grifter DV perpetrators like Yemini. Nazis popping their heads up for some of the action.

Who here "applauded" the cops?

If you the conspiracy theorists in here are applauding the cops now, why were they not back then?

Far as I recall there was general laughter at delusional cookers protesting against their fantasy conspiracy theories. Posturing and performing for YouTube subs, sending money to grifter DV perpetrators like Yemini. Nazis popping their heads up for some of the action.

Who here "applauded" the cops?

If you the conspiracy theorists in here are applauding the cops now, why were they not back then?

Some wanted them to swap the rubber bullets for real ones…

Lol the Declaration of Independence,that post needs to be read in Russel Brand's voice.
Hmm...

The DoI is a pretty important historical and philosophical document, RnF. It's the foundational pre-constitution document of the American nation-state; it's a statement on the purpose of government and an outlining of the rights of people to democracy over tyranny.

It's a bit weird that I've got to make a defense of those things in a thread about police brutality - which is, quite legitimately, government overreach directly against the rights of citizens - but that's Bigfooty for you.
Bring back Guy Fawkes night so people can let off a bit of steam by burning shit and going mad with fireworks.
View attachment 2109272
I mean, the OG point of Guy Fawkes night was to burn him in effigy for the temerity of trying to blow up parliament; to shame him for engaging in a political act of destruction.

In short, the state emphasising its control over the act of violence.

It's actually a bit of irony that you asserted Guy Fawkes as a supposed giggle in my direction. All it demonstrates really is that you failed to understand fully the post you addressed, even if you identified elements of the post for its resemblance to anti-tyrrany rhetoric of years past.

Hmm...

The DoI is a pretty important historical and philosophical document, RnF. It's the foundational pre-constitution document of the American nation-state; it's a statement on the purpose of government and an outlining of the rights of people to democracy over tyranny.

It's a bit weird that I've got to make a defense of those things in a thread about police brutality - which is, quite legitimately, government overreach directly against the rights of citizens - but that's Bigfooty for you.

I mean, the OG point of Guy Fawkes night was to burn him in effigy for the temerity of trying to blow up parliament; to shame him for engaging in a political act of destruction.

In short, the state emphasising its control over the act of violence.

It's actually a bit of irony that you asserted Guy Fawkes as a supposed giggle in my direction. All it demonstrates really is that you failed to understand fully the post you addressed, even if you identified elements of the post for its resemblance to anti-tyrrany rhetoric of years past.
You're right that I failed to understand fully the post I addressed,no way I was reading all that.

Bemused at the end to see the DoI thrown in
the Australian police brutality thread.

You're right that I failed to understand fully the post I addressed,no way I was reading all that.

Bemused at the end to see the DoI thrown in
the Australian police brutality thread.
Don't mind me too much, I write essays on some pretty niche shit sometimes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ghost Patrol for starters, but he wasn't alone.

Ah, this old chestnut. Cookers vs Police is like watching a brawl between Collingwood and Carlton.
This has been explained to you many times.

Meanwhile, you cheer for police brutality when Extinction Rebellion blocks an intersection because your shitty Ford overheats.

I don't recall saying anything about police violence against lockdown protests. Perhaps you can provide me with something I said of those protests you think points to my supposed hypocrisy.

I also don't think I've said anything in my posts - in this thread or the one in Aust Pol - in support of these protests. You can - again - feel free to quote what I said in support of the protesters or their actions.

That wasn’t directed at you mate, there are plenty of others however. A 2 minute search has plenty of examples.

Here is one example from GP… how the narrative changes when the cause is something you sympathise with.

Play stupid games (ie. throw bottles and flares at police), win stupid prizes (rubber bullets)

This is the biggest problem we face in society. It’s not our economic or social system, it’s our incapacity to be objective, and apply moral and ethical standards regardless of our stance on a particular issue.

That wasn’t directed at you mate, there are plenty of others however. A 2 minute search has plenty of examples.

Here is one example from GP… how the narrative changes when the cause is something you sympathise with.

This is the biggest problem we face in society. It’s not our economic or social system, it’s our incapacity to be objective, and apply moral and ethical standards regardless of our stance on a particular issue.

Here's the entire post for context. Notice how it's eddiesmith that's being the hypocrite as he now supports police violence.

1726264972032.png

Remove this Banner Ad

The Law Australian Police brutality thread.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back