Markfs

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 13, 2008
Fremantle
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Sydney Sweeney's Shaving Team...
So many people just want to talk about US politics these days. While all things political are related, I am going to post about things as they relate to Australia.

The local newspaper had an article that relates to the US military coming to town as part of the AUKUS set up. Evidently the crew from a US ship cleaned up the beaches just down the road from me. This act makes the US our friends. If China tries to take over Taiwan and a war erupts between the world's two superpowers, the destruction of the naval base also down the road from me, will be acceptable to me because of this clean-up.

Fremantle has a long history of providing "rest and recreation" activities to US sailors on leave from their wars. The local girls have been generous in their support. The US boys have been very polite - on almost all occasions.

However, the basing on subs at Garden Island is not going to be overlooked by China in times of war. Evidently, it's important to my freedom that they are based there. History will judge.

Zomi Frankcom's brother wants "more particulars" as the legal fraternity would say. Evidently, he wasn't impressed with the whitewash done by the party that did the deed, israel, and the one providing backup, australia.

If things go the usual way, he will be given a lot of sympathetic nods by each country but israel will get testy if he continues going to the media.

This comes from the ABC report

A spokesperson for Foreign Minister Penny Wong told 7.30 that the government would continue to push for justice.

"The Australian government will continue to press for full accountability, including any appropriate criminal charges," the spokesperson said.

"We will continue to engage with the Frankcom family, and advocate their views and the views of the Australian Government to Israel."

7.30 understands that Advocate-General Tomer-Yerushalmi will have full access to the audio to help her decide whether further action is to be taken against the IDF soldiers involved.

Advocate for who? Israel? What a joke.

I always like to see examples of Australia on its knees in the prone position.

It seems that the Australian gov't is going to pay Kongsberg to build missiles in Newcastle. Of course, some of these missiles will go to israel....

why the prone position? well it seems that Kongsberg is majority owned by the Norwegian gov't....and Norway limits the sale of such weapons to countries like israel which are engaged in gaza-like activities.

I dont have any evidence that lube is part of the deal....are we a third-world country yet?

I always like to see examples of Australia on its knees in the prone position.

It seems that the Australian gov't is going to pay Kongsberg to build missiles in Newcastle. Of course, some of these missiles will go to israel....

why the prone position? well it seems that Kongsberg is majority owned by the Norwegian gov't....and Norway limits the sale of such weapons to countries like israel which are engaged in gaza-like activities.

I dont have any evidence that lube is part of the deal....are we a third-world country yet?

Here we go, here w go, here we go!
Why do you feel the need to hijack every thread?
Even your own!

NT Labour suffered a landslide defeat in the recent election.
But the result in no way reflected support for the Liberals.
42% of the eligible population did not vote - almost as many who voted for the Liberals!!

The policies of both parties were indistinguishable in their election campaigns. Both parties campaigned for more police and more prisons, nothing to alleviate the horrendous social conditions of the indigenous population.

The trend in NT is a national one. the Albanese government is despised widely, and to the extent that the Liberals win any seat, they simply fall in as a result of the electoral system.

The situation in Australia is one of great political instability with the majority of the population alienated from both main parties.

I presume that's an attempt at humour. Like your politics, it has a long way to go.
No humour.
Just the realisation that you are a one trick pony.
You start a thread ostensibly about Australian politics and yet you circle around to your one and only subject within mere hours.
It’s extremely boring. And oh so predictable.

NT Labour suffered a landslide defeat in the recent election.
But the result in no way reflected support for the Liberals.
42% of the eligible population did not vote - almost as many who voted for the Liberals!!

The policies of both parties were indistinguishable in their election campaigns. Both parties campaigned for more police and more prisons, nothing to alleviate the horrendous social conditions of the indigenous population.

The trend in NT is a national one. the Albanese government is despised widely, and to the extent that the Liberals win any seat, they simply fall in as a result of the electoral system.

The situation in Australia is one of great political instability with the majority of the population alienated from both main parties.

Things are always volatile in NT. The Liberals hardly had an MP a few years back. Suburbia has revolted because of the national stuff, but also because of the dysfunction in the indigenous communities, which has resulted in the major parties calling for more police etc. In short, a kneejerk reaction....

Things are always volatile in NT. The Liberals hardly had an MP a few years back. Suburbia has revolted because of the national stuff, but also because of the dysfunction in the indigenous communities, which has resulted in the major parties calling for more police etc. In short, a kneejerk reaction....
...exactly. both parties have nothing to offer but more police, more repression. This leads inevitably to authoritarian forms of rule.

The bipartisan agreement of the Libs and Labor with genocide in Gaza is the foreign policy face of their domestic policy: police state measures to defend massive levels of social inequality here in Australia.

And your alternate solution to the situation in the NT is?
If you go to work you shouldn't die;
What's your solution?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always nice to see an Israeli subscribing to Australia media sites...

Paul Scarr - located in the back pocket. Proven player in proceeding matters. Dissenting report on nazi symbols legislation.

So far, two out of two in the back pocket. Evidently, there are six on the committee.....

1724726265233.png

For Helen Polley, I will mark her down as halfway into the back pocket. She has a history of saying the "right things" but maybe not as forceful as her two mates on the committee.

Obviously, Faruqi is the lone person on the other side

So the final call on the "who is in the back pocket" is 2 1/2 for the pro-jewish outcomes, 2 are relatively neutral and 1 definitely not in the back pocket. Not a bad outcome, but the lone voice is always going to cause a problem for perfectionists....hence the work by the Australian and Sky News...

So the final call on the "who is in the back pocket" is 2 1/2 for the pro-jewish outcomes, 2 are relatively neutral and 1 definitely not in the back pocket. Not a bad outcome, but the lone voice is always going to cause a problem for perfectionists....hence the work by the Australian and Sky News...

Removing discrimination from Australian universities is a pro-Australia outcome.

Perhaps if we were more mindful of this our tertiary system would be more prosperous and you might still be employed instead of posting crap on bigfooty all day.

Removing discrimination from Australian universities is a pro-Australia outcome.

Perhaps if we were more mindful of this our tertiary system would be more prosperous and you might still be employed instead of posting crap on bigfooty all day.

well its nice that you are thinking of pro-australian outcomes.

It's also nice that you're running the company-line about what this legislation is for. It's to stop demonstrations for things that Israel and local jews don't want - support for Palestinians in Gaza for example.

There is a difference between trying to discrimination and trying to stop dissent....but you know. that.

Let me give an example. The anti-defamation commission. "Commission" ....lol... what a joke of a facade... Have a look at the "defamation" that concerns these people

I think we need a Commission of un-Australian Activities...... search for Joe McCarthy in wiki for a template

btw I noted that reference to tertiary system and I remember revealing that past employment quite a while back. It's good that you're monitoring me Zevie. Was that the reason you sent me a couple of messages in the past - to try to establish contact?

In return, I think that you said that you had some child born on a particular day. I can't remember when. You might want to reveal more of your "backstory" in this thread. Surely you've got one prepared.

I do appreciate your company, Zevie. Australians have no stomach for politics unless they're slightly crazy. Israelis like yourself are always at the coal-face....

For those wanting to sweep away any pro-palestinian sympathies at Aussie universities, they will be pleased to know that Zuckerberg has deleted the Columbian University students' instagram account which had 124,000 subscribers.

It seems that the "iron fist" approach is considered suitable for students in both countries. However, it should be remembered that university students eventually leave university and go looking for a job and career progression. There is more than one way to skin a cat...pardon the old school language.

I don't know if you have mental health problems. I'm not interested in your views.
And again you refuse to give your solution to anything you continually rage about.
And you know, just insulting people does show real mental illness.
You’ve had a go at both political parties, yet when challenged will not, or cannot, provide any viable alternatives.
I await your latest personal insult to try and distract us from the topic at hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back