Australian politics

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And again you refuse to give your solution to anything you continually rage about.
And you know, just insulting people does show real mental illness.
You’ve had a go at both political parties, yet when challenged will not, or cannot, provide any viable alternatives.
I await your latest personal insult to try and distract us from the topic at hand.

I said that I'm trying to wear all the insults from people like yourself with mental illnesses. I see that as being part of the solution to that problem....

Other than that, I just post my thoughts. You should try it rather than try to get me to say something about something that i'm not interested in.

Jackie of jackie and kyle fame put it pretty accurately when she said that hours are now infinity....and that pretty much sums it up. A large part of the workforce is just a phone call from work. In the old days, workers used to be paid overtime for coming into work out of hours. Thats a thing of the past. These days, employees are standing at their bbqs with a beer in their hands, managing workplace issues with a phone in their other hand.

Employers are going to largely ignore the new law regarding their employees' ability to ignore a call to work outside of hours. They will make sure that there is payback if their employees choose to put their families ahead of them. A simple law isnt going to change things

Tony Abbott has been wheeled in to support Dutton in the Palestinian visa matter. Hasn't he found something to do in life?

I think that the person who wrote the wiki assessment that Abbott is often ranked in the lower tier of PMs, got it right.

US politics rarely disappoints because it's always entertaining.

Australian politics is sad and pathetic. The federal government has some standout examples, and even among those I think that Richard Marles deserves special mention.

It has been determined that we shouldn't have questions in the census about gender and sexuality, even though it had been previously agreed that such information would be rather important.

Limp Dick Marles tells us that such questions would be 'divisive'.

I suppose that questions around religion and sex and ethnicity will all be removed for the next census.

There are those within the Australia parliament who continue to push for the adoption of the IHRA definition of antisemitism.

The problems (both real and potential) of the definition have been widely discussed since its formulation. It's a dud.

Those pushing the definition seem to be aware of its inherent problems, and it would seem that this is why they are lobbying so hard for it. They like the idea of limiting the scope of criticism of Israel.

I'm pasting one of the more thoroughgoing analyses of the IHRA definition and its many issues.

Surely, among those prominent Jews who can “recognise [antisemitism] when they see it” is the American historian Norman Finkelstein, who is the son of Holocaust survivors and among the foremost scholarly critics of Israel. Perhaps we should heed Finkelstein’s warning from 2006, that “the real enemies of the Jews” are “those who debase the memory of Jewish suffering by equating principled opposition to Israel’s illegal and immoral policies with anti-Semitism.”

I see the Israeli,s are starting to clean the west bank now,but we are not allowed to mention it are we,I think the problem is the settlers are not killing them fast enough so the IDF are going to lend a hand and we all know what will occur next.

The IDF are digging up the roads because they think their explosives under them at the same time taking away the power and water and are any of us under any doubt about what happens next.

US politics rarely disappoints because it's always entertaining.

Australian politics is sad and pathetic. The federal government has some standout examples, and even among those I think that Richard Marles deserves special mention.

It has been determined that we shouldn't have questions in the census about gender and sexuality, even though it had been previously agreed that such information would be rather important.

Limp Dick Marles tells us that such questions would be 'divisive'.

I suppose that questions around religion and sex and ethnicity will all be removed for the next census.

i've always wondered about richard marles and why he joined labor. It must have been a uni thing or maybe he had his only friend attached to the party. It harks back a little to the 80s when some of the NSW right didnt seem too laborish...

I think generally that all parties could do a bit of musical chairs with the teals being more at home with labor, and someone like marles looking like a dutton in human form...

I see the Israeli,s are starting to clean the west bank now,but we are not allowed to mention it are we,I think the problem is the settlers are not killing them fast enough so the IDF are going to lend a hand and we all know what will occur next.

The IDF are digging up the roads because they think their explosives under them at the same time taking away the power and water and are any of us under any doubt about what happens next.

The palestinians have vanished petrie. There will be legislation passed in australia in the coming years which will make it an offence to mention them. Hopefully when israel captures the whole of the west bank and rebuilds the temple on the mount, the evangelicals will pray for the end of the world and jesus will come.....

but until then we have peter dutton...

You've really hurt me blackie. That's very cruel. You've affected my mental health negatively....
Aaahh.
I’ve just been warned not to engage with you as you are a mods pet and it could end badly for me.
So like others, I’m going to let you live in your echo chamber.
Enjoy the reverberations.

Aaahh.
I’ve just been warned not to engage with you as you are a mods pet and it could end badly for me.
So like others, I’m going to let you live in your echo chamber.
Enjoy the reverberations.

yes your home could be bombed or you could be starved to death for no other reason than wanting your freedom to post at BF without the mods stopping you at checkpoints and humiliating you....

but you just need to accept that we are the chosen ones when it comes to posting...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you've had your ear to the arts scene, you would realise that prominent pianist jayson gillham was cancelled with performing with the melbourne symphony orchestra, because he dared to mention the deaths of palestinian journalists in a lead up to performing music that was written specifically as an expression of those deaths.

The MSO thought that it could silence the musician and appease the small but noisy batch of complainers. However the orchestra and the union took exception and the head of the MSO got the flick. Now the old lefty rocker, Peter Garrett has been put in charge of an investigation to see if musicians should be allowed artistic expression....

I read a rant by a right wing writer that said that the MSO has advocated for leftie causes like the Voice in the past and noone has raised a finger in protest. The guy probably has a point. Can an artist funded in part by the govt talk about political issues but only the ones acceptable? Or do they just have to shut their gobs and tinkle with the ivories?

I know what joe mccarthy would say to these people who want freedom of expression..... they're unaustralian

A bit of a summary of the situation in gaza as it relates to Australia....particularly about zomi frankcom and the Foreign Affairs assessment of her death.

In some ways, Australia has passed through the gaza situation and not much has changed....at least at gov't level

I try to look at both sides of the argument in matters like the visa question.

I think about dangerous individuals coming into Australia, and I read a story like the SBS one below and wonder why the gov't would stop the relatives of palestinians living here already, from entering the country. Perhaps to stop dangerous individuals coming in? Ok, lets use that as a point of reference.

Then why have 8,746 visas been granted to Israeli citizens fleeing the region, with only 235 rejected?

I was greeted by Rupert news telling me that foreign military planes are flying across our skies. There's a US base near Darwin. We already know about Pine Gap and the North West base and there's going to be more and more. Nuclear subs are going to be based a few kilometres down the road from me, transforming Fremantle into a nuclear strike target.

I cant tell you how much safer I feel with all this stuff going on. I was wondering if Twiggy and that Hancock own islands in the middle of nowhere for when there's a meltdown. Ironic when we're protecting their stuff....

If you've had your ear to the arts scene, you would realise that prominent pianist jayson gillham was cancelled with performing with the melbourne symphony orchestra, because he dared to mention the deaths of palestinian journalists in a lead up to performing music that was written specifically as an expression of those deaths.

The MSO thought that it could silence the musician and appease the small but noisy batch of complainers. However the orchestra and the union took exception and the head of the MSO got the flick. Now the old lefty rocker, Peter Garrett has been put in charge of an investigation to see if musicians should be allowed artistic expression....

I read a rant by a right wing writer that said that the MSO has advocated for leftie causes like the Voice in the past and noone has raised a finger in protest. The guy probably has a point. Can an artist funded in part by the govt talk about political issues but only the ones acceptable? Or do they just have to shut their gobs and tinkle with the ivories?

I know what joe mccarthy would say to these people who want freedom of expression..... they're unaustralian

The MSO case is becoming more interesting.

They dumped the pianist, then seemed to backtrack, and now they're lawyered up and taking it to the courts.

MSO expressed 'security concerns', for one thing. Other performers have previously referred to Russia's outrages against Ukraine, but it is understandable that talking about the killing of journalists is a whole new level of risk.

The MSO case is becoming more interesting.

They dumped the pianist, then seemed to backtrack, and now they're lawyered up and taking it to the courts.

MSO expressed 'security concerns', for one thing. Other performers have previously referred to Russia's outrages against Ukraine, but it is understandable that talking about the killing of journalists is a whole new level of risk.

Does anyone really care what the music nerds think?

The whole lot of them seem to have forgotten the lessons delivered by their generous school bullies.

So you're not dumped out without warning, I will leave this thread open for a few minutes after this post:

After careful consideration and consultation with your Mod team and bearing in mind this is after all a Collingwood Football Club forum, we have decided to permanently close all political and religious discussion threads on this club board, and try to stick to less contentious subjects.

This is not a judgement on any particular set of beliefs or opinions or anyone's right to express them. Nor is it a judgement on your own ability to keep things civil.

Those of you that wish to continue to discuss religion/politics etc will be able to do so here where the mods are more geared up to moderate these exchanges.

You can also start your own Social Group or private convos.

If you want any of your posts moved over to the SRP, please let me know. It's not too much trouble for me to move any civil and informative ones of yours you nominate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back