ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

What a surprise, lukeParkersno1 think 6-4 is getting trounced

On an actual tennis notice, the courts and balls seem even slower this year. Not great for Alex

No weapons it just doesn’t win against the top players he’s at best as usual a 3rd-4th rounder at best

Muchova is out of the Aus Open as well.

Always a shame when she misses a tournament with an injury. A great player to watch.

Yup she just can’t stay fit though happy she made the call rather than pushing through and wrecking her year

The more aggressive player won. Honestly the worst thing for Di Minaur is being anywhere near Hewitt, his average don’t make an error style would barely be top 30 nowadays and that’s at best.

Cam was agressive and ADM played mid court buffet balls to get whacked.

Struggling to see what he’s changed? We all know he can run and defend but is that it? People bag him but Kyrgios is STILL Australia’s best chance as bad as that sounds just doesn’t want to really.

Its still quite warm and there is a slight breeze. Tomorrow is going to be 36 and being in the city it might be a bit hotter. I'm going to the night session and I'm expecting it still to be high 30s.

same old crap, de minaur got flogged tonight. Guy is hopeless and will never do anything

He’s basically a solid top 15-35 player with the first number the at best figure. Just doesn’t have any weapons to challenge players and refuses to change. Said it 2 years ago here apart from movement can anyone tell me what his weapon is? Forehand is average at best, backhand is mediocre but safe, not really a natural volleyer and his serve is only okay. How is that contending at the pointy end? It’s not. He tries hard that’s where it is.

Its not even 2024 yet and Parker has already tee'd off at Alex :D

Hardly what I’ve said is that wrong. The worst thing he’s done is associate himself with Hewitt he’d do better taking 2 years where he has nothing to do with Hewitt. Needs a fresh approach, being solid won’t get you contending that style is a decade ago. The players contending all have weapons, if you can tell me what Alex’ weapon is I’d love to know. I had hoped he’d have changed a bit in the off season but if anything it was worse tonight, has to be happy to miss instead he just goes safe and too often he goes safe when he’s actually in control of a point that’s even worse, you have a short ball hit the corner belt it and hit the line don’t go mid court loopy whatever to just get back to a neutral position. It’s almost like he’s scared to miss and that’s an issue.

same old crap, de minaur got flogged tonight. Guy is hopeless and will never do anything
Yep typical De Minaur

We have anyone coming through the ranks that will pass Demon?

I know there is Hijikata and Popryin who show promise but I feel both those players dont have it in them to go to the next level where they can compete for a slam

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hardly what I’ve said is that wrong. The worst thing he’s done is associate himself with Hewitt he’d do better taking 2 years where he has nothing to do with Hewitt. Needs a fresh approach, being solid won’t get you contending that style is a decade ago. The players contending all have weapons, if you can tell me what Alex’ weapon is I’d love to know. I had hoped he’d have changed a bit in the off season but if anything it was worse tonight, has to be happy to miss instead he just goes safe and too often he goes safe when he’s actually in control of a point that’s even worse, you have a short ball hit the corner belt it and hit the line don’t go mid court loopy whatever to just get back to a neutral position. It’s almost like he’s scared to miss and that’s an issue.

Alex’s weapon is speed. Unfortunately for him, Alcaraz has better speed and possesses many more stronger weapons.

I wouldn’t classify most of the top 10 as fast.

Yep typical De Minaur

We have anyone coming through the ranks that will pass Demon?

I know there is Hijikata and Popryin who show promise but I feel both those players dont have it in them to go to the next level where they can compete for a slam

Quick answer none of those are more than top 40 players. Not sure on the real youngsters but you’d have to look at them

Alex’s weapon is speed. Unfortunately for him, Alcaraz has better speed and possesses many more stronger weapons.

I wouldn’t classify most of the top 10 as fast.

Not really a weapon. Most in the top 10-15 are exceptional movers. Alex has no shots what does everyone expect? He’s a top 15 at best player. Solid 3rd round maybe 4th with a soft draw player

The more aggressive player won. Honestly the worst thing for Di Minaur is being anywhere near Hewitt, his average don’t make an error style would barely be top 30 nowadays and that’s at best.

Cam was agressive and ADM played mid court buffet balls to get whacked.

Struggling to see what he’s changed? We all know he can run and defend but is that it? People bag him but Kyrgios is STILL Australia’s best chance as bad as that sounds just doesn’t want to really.
Need Nicks tennis iq and skill and combine it with De Minaurs professionalism/dedication

Cant tennis australia send some of our best younger talent over seas to a tennis acadmey like Rafas or Novaks acadmey?

Problem is who a lot of these kids you know are good when they are 10.

I think his speed and court coverage has a lot to do with his World 12 Ranking. Otherwise would be ranked far lower imo.

That’s his at best status. Not going to go more than a 4th round in a slam and that’s if the seeds collapse

Remove this Banner Ad

ATP/WTA Australian Summer of Tennis 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Back