Movie "avatar"

Remove this Banner Ad

Sorry, but that's bullshit.

It's a terrible "save the planet" story, with no actual depth to any of the characters at all.

It is the first of the shocking series of 3D movies where you have to pay twice as much at the cinemas just to get the "whole effect", because the story and the actual movie, if seen without 3D effects is basically rubbish.

And yes, I saw it in 3D, and it was visually impressive, but no more so then most of the other 3D movies on offer, but that doesn't make up for the terrible 2 hours or so that precedes the only segment of the movie that even pretends to be "memorable", the battle scene at the end.

And if I want action, I'll go watch Denzel in Unstoppable for 15 bucks in 2d (which I will be doing later this week).:)
Where they hell are you going that they charge double for 3D?

I watched this again on Foxtel yesterday. I don't know but for some reason I actually enjoyed it on TV more than I did at the movies. It is in a way just another tacky save the planet movie but there's something about it that's enjoyable unlike 2012 and The Day the Earth Stood Still which were pure crap.

It would seem that the more high tech that these new "blockbusters" have become, the worse they have become. All the pretty special effects, some of which aren't really all that good, cannot mask bad stories and horribly cheesy dialogue.

I watched it for the 2nd time on NYE and must admit the movie is severely overrated.

Besides the visual effects everything else was ordinary.

What's the extended edition like? Has anyone on here seen it?

Ive seen it. Fits into the category of 'directors cuts/special editions' which came out to milk the audience dollar, not address flaws with the original release ala Blade Runner or Superman II etc

There are a few bits at the beginning on a Neon laden Tokyo style Earth with Jake. A bit of development of the Grace character and the reasons why her school got shut down. Other than that its pretty much crap.

Remove this Banner Ad

Movie "avatar"

Remove this Banner Ad

Back