Awesome movies thread III 🎥 🎦 📽

Remove this Banner Ad

Anyone know of an actor whose career has never really peaked until he (or she) was into his 50s like Keane Reeves and the John Wick Series.

Bill and Ted Face The Music is going into production soon too, Keanu is a ripper (both as an actor and human being)

Didn't you think Keanu was big when he was doing Speed and the Matrix movies?

I haven't seen a cracking movie for a while, if anyone has seen Wind River or Midnight special and knows of other movies that are similar, let me know.

They are my favourite movies of the last few years.

Stumbled upon the Aussie flick "Cliffy". Was about the legendary 61 year old potato farmer Cliff Young who smashed the Sydney to Melbourne marathon record by nearly 2 days.

Was really enjoyable.

Point Blank 2019, no high end movie but well put together and surprised me. Much like Wheelman 2017, again starring Frank Grillo.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Quite enjoyed the Apollo 11 documentary/movie.

Really threw one back into the era and all that went about at the time without being preachy.
A real simple doco that had its heart in the right place.
Just tossing up which doco movie to watch this weekend, it's between Apollo 11 and Diego Maradona. Maybe if I get time I can see both.

Chernobyl (6 part mini series) is worth a look, not quite a doco but essentially documents the whole saga.

Free Solo (2018) Interesting doco about a guy who climbed the un-climbable without any safety gear.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1917, just wow.

Didn't real take hold of me until about half way through.
That whole town scene was surreal and I'd watch the whole movie again just for those ~10 minutes.

My favourite for last year though, was Climax...and by a long way.
Watched it two days running and still go back to particular scenes now.

Didn't real take hold of me until about half way through.
That whole town scene was surreal and I'd watch the whole movie again just for those ~10 minutes.

My favourite for last year though, was Climax...and by a long way.
Watched it two days running and still go back to particular scenes now.
I tried Climax but just couldn't get into it. I'm not the artsy type either so that works against me.

Just incredible the amount of work that went into 1917.

1917 and The Lighthouse are both superb movies, and couldn't be more different from one another. 1917 should win all the Oscars. It's a technical and cinematographic masterpiece. I've never been so immersed in a movie since I saw Star Wars at the drive in with mum in 1977.

The Lighthouse is a strange, obscure artsy piece which rightly or wrongly, isn't for everyone, and I get that. I just thought it was a near perfect head-f**k of a movie. Best acting I've seen in a long while too. The fact that Willem Dafoe wasn't even nominated for an Oscar is an absolute crime.

Bombshell is really solid. The acting is absolutely fantastic. It's an interesting exercise, to have the audience sympathise with such horrible people.

Jojo Rabbit is absolutely fantastic. It really is a must-see movie, about a 10 year old Nazi with Hitler as an imaginary friend no less, with an incredible balance of absurdity and poignancy.

Bombshell is really solid. The acting is absolutely fantastic. It's an interesting exercise, to have the audience sympathise with such horrible people.

Jojo Rabbit is absolutely fantastic. It really is a must-see movie, about a 10 year old Nazi with Hitler as an imaginary friend no less, with an incredible balance of absurdity and poignancy.
Bombshell was tip top. It made me very very uncomfortable.

Keen as to see JoJo, it looks fantastic, i really like, What we do in the shadows and Hunt for the Wilder people (same director), seems strange to me to see these style of movies along side his Marvel ones, they seem a long way apart.

Ford V Ferrari is epic. I said I was amazed at the amount of work that went into 1917 but F v F is just as incredible in that regard too. The doco/featurette is an eye opener. A lot of what is in the movie actually happened too, a story that people have been trying to tell on the big screen for a while.

Glengarry Glen Ross 1992
Top shelf acting and script.

one of the greatest ensembles ever put together - play by david mamet - profanity off the charts - jack lemon is a tour de force - one of my faves ever.....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back