Baby Names

Remove this Banner Ad

uh, obviously he is. :rolleyes:

i think ruby is a great name.
not too sure about the tuesday...but everyone hates their middle name anyway so go for it!:D

Originally posted by noogie_da_sheep

for a girl - Michelle or Nicole

Ack, can't stand my name.

You'd like my family, my older sister is named Michelle as well. There seem to be a lot of Michelle - Nicole sister combinations out there.

Ruby is my middle name :) I like the idea of Ruby Tuesday (love the song too)
Other names I like
Girls: Lisa, Ava, Ella
Boys: Jamie, Ben

Congratulations btw :)

I think it sounds alright!

I love 'alternative' names. However, my pet peeve is the alternative or new way of spelling traditional names. Like Tahnee instead of Tahni, and putting a 'y' in names like Jane, Jade and Kate - it just looks wrong!

Originally posted by Nic
Ack, can't stand my name.

You'd like my family, my older sister is named Michelle as well. There seem to be a lot of Michelle - Nicole sister combinations out there.

Hey, my old neighbours have a Michelle-Nicole combo too.

I approve of Ruby Tuesday. Different without being tacky.

I'm not a huge fan of the name Ruby, but I don't hate it, and I don't think that's the point of the question. If you actually like 'Ruby', I don't think 'Ruby Tuesday' is at all tacky, and I actually like it better with the Tuesday than without. I like the pop culture reference because it's not "Britney" or... I can't think of any forgettable hit song of the now with a name in it, but I think you know what I mean - it's a lasting reference, and something you'd have thought about for a while.

So... that's a thumbs up from me.

Originally posted by Goldenblue
Thanks for suggestions of other names, but nothing else interests me.

Just wanted to know the opinions from others on the name Ruby Tuesday. :)

Ruby Tuesday is a great name. It has character. Ruby's quite a popular name now. My friend had a little girl about 5 years ago, and called her Ruby Rose. She was the only Ruby i knew.

Originally posted by Destructive
You would'nt be a Rolling Stones fan would you?

Pink Floyd freak actually. Just the song Ruby Tuesday is one that I find haunting and it reminds me when I was a kid and my Dad playing the song. I like Ruby Tuesday, but most Stones stuff in not my cup of tea.

There again, maybe I call my Daughter "Comfortably Numb" Or "Crazy Diamond" ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So far so good, I like what I see here. A lot of people like the name and tend to agree with me. I thank you for your support, plus a thank you to those who congratulated me.

Cheers.
GB

Pink Floyd freak actually. Just the song Ruby Tuesday is one that I find haunting and it reminds me when I was a kid and my Dad playing the song. I like Ruby Tuesday, but most Stones stuff in not my cup of tea.

There again, maybe I call my Daughter "Comfortably Numb" Or "Crazy Diamond" ;)

Anything's better than being called Bernice or Louise!! Like my best friend was. God what a shocker. diamantes are cheaper than them diamond things. but hey rubies are cheap too...

"What's in a name?" as they say. :D

Can't say that I agree with the name choice. I reckon you chose it with yourself in mind rather than something that your kid is gonna have to live with for their entire life. She'll cop it at school , she'll cop it when she does job interviews, she'll always be taken less seriously when it comes down getting ahead in life, and she'll be sick to death of having to explain, that 'yes, it is the name of a pop song' and 'my parents chose the name, even though it wasn't their favourite song, but that they did it on a whim.' It'll be your fault and she'll hold that against you, always.

Originally posted by Jim Boy
Can't say that I agree with the name choice. I reckon you chose it with yourself in mind rather than something that your kid is gonna have to live with for their entire life. She'll cop it at school , she'll cop it when she does job interviews, she'll always be taken less seriously when it comes down getting ahead in life, and she'll be sick to death of having to explain, that 'yes, it is the name of a pop song' and 'my parents chose the name, even though it wasn't their favourite song, but that they did it on a whim.' It'll be your fault and she'll hold that against you, always.

I don't think people really care about names now as it has gotten to a point where it is extreme. There are names as "Apple" "Blade" "Shakira" "Tamarrahh" running around in playgrounds. Also, why the fuss, you may have a simple name as Fred, but you will be teased at school if kids don't like you, plus it's a second name and I see no difference. And if she want's it changed, I am willing to do so, but most girls would love to have a name after a rock song. Most young girls I have spoken to wish their Dad named them after a song and that is an age range from 4 - 20.

I think it depends on Ruby and how she handles it, if she loves it, she will be proud of it, if she hates it, I will change it for her, but I doubt she will hold me to it. Depends on how you bring her up. I have experience with 6 kids, all doing well and happy. The eldest one is doing a scholarship in aviation, so I think I have done well.

I think it depends on Ruby and how she handles it, if she loves it, she will be proud of it, if she hates it, I will change it for her, but I doubt she will hold me to it. Depends on how you bring her up.

IF it is a she!

btw doesnt sound like your missus is even going to get a say in it!

So far so good, I like what I see here. A lot of people like the name and tend to agree with me. I thank you for your support, plus a thank you to those who congratulated me.

Cheers.
GB
Goldenblue... i've been meaning to ask, is this really you??

goldenblue.jpg

:D :D

Originally posted by beckybiglands
Nah, Nah, The middle name should be Soho...
"Destination, unknown, Ruby, Ruby, Ruby, Soho"

erm, ok, maybe not such a great idea but I've had that song in my head, and I'm glad to get it out in the open

Damn you! Now it's in mine!!!! :)

Originally posted by evade28
IF it is a she!

btw doesnt sound like your missus is even going to get a say in it!

I quite understand that the chances of it being a boy is there. However, we are talking about girls names in case it is a girl. Plus so far, my wife has got it right when pregnant and she says it is a girl so we just have to wait and see.

BTW, my wife and I are discussing it and she is warming to it. However, if she chooses to not like it, I will respect her decision.

Remove this Banner Ad

Baby Names