Back to the Future ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Rawthorn

Debutant
Jul 19, 2015
AFL Club
Hawthorn
In honour of the Back to the Future movie, here are my predications for the Hawks for the next 10 years and plus a few other predictions.

The Hawks will finish 5th in 2016, but will still go on to win the premiership, the finals format helps a team like the Hawks, were they will struggle to get up for h/a games, but there best is still better then anyone else.
The GF will between the Hawks and Richmond, it will be a repeat of this years final with Tigers just being happy to have made the GF, like the Eagles this year.

2017 will see the Hawks finish towards the bottom of the 8 and will lose the EF, then between now and 2025 the Hawks will finish between the bottom of the 8 and 12th place. In 2025 the Hawks will start to rise again, making a major push for the flag in 2027.

Clarksons reign as Hawks coach will end in around 2020 when his contract runs out, he will be not offered a new contact after 1 or 2 more of the field incidents. Were he is promptly hired by the Bombers and wins 2 more flags, before he is sacked for another of the field incident.

After the 4 in a row, Hodge will hand the captaincy over to Isaac Smith

One of the Tigers/Melbourne/Saints or Bulldogs will win the premiership in the next 10 years ending their long drought, but the Dockers will not.

I see one of these two scenarios happening, the Suns and the Lions will merge and WA gets another new team or one of them moves to WA, the other scenario is if they do merge, then 2 Melbourne clubs will be forced to merge, with North, Demons, Saints and the Dogs being in the cross hairs, this would bring the number of teams back 16 and would better match the talent pool available.

Anyone got any half sensible predictions for their club

Last edited:

amended for me being a flog
All good, good luck with your predictions :)

I can see Hodge being driven around the G on grand final day 2017 saluting the crowd in his retirement as a 4 time premiership captain. The same driver of the vehicle also took him to the ground and takes him home. In 2019 with good behaviour, he'll hopeful be eligible to drive himself again :)

All good, good luck with your predictions :)

I can see Hodge being driven around the G on grand final day 2017 saluting the crowd in his retirement as a 4 time premiership captain. The same driver of the vehicle also took him to the ground and takes him home. In 2019 with good behaviour, he'll hopeful be eligible to drive himself again :)
But he will always be Mr Good Bloke.

In honour of the Back to the Future movie, here are my predications for the Hawks for the next 10 years and plus a few other predictions.

The Hawks will finish 5th in 2016, but will still go on to win the premiership, the finals format helps a team like the Hawks, were they will struggle to get up for h/a games, but there best is still better then anyone else.
The GF will between the Hawks and Richmond, it will be a repeat of this years final with Tigers just being happy to have made the GF, like the Eagles this year.

2017 will see the Hawks finish towards the bottom of the 8 and will lose the EF, then between now and 2025 the Hawks will finish between the bottom of the 8 and 12th place. In 2025 the Hawks will start to rise again, making a major push for the flag in 2027.

Clarksons reign as Hawks coach will end in around 2020 when his contract runs out, he will be not offered a new contact after 1 or 2 more of the field incidents. Were he is promptly hired by the Bombers and wins 2 more flags, before he is sacked for another of the field incident.

One of the Tigers/Melbourne/Saints or Bulldogs will win the premiership in the next 10 years ending their long drought, but the Dockers will not.

I see one of these two scenarios happening, the Suns and the Lions will merge and WA gets another new team or one of them moves to WA, the other scenario is if they do merge, then 2 Melbourne clubs will be forced to merge, with North, Demons, Saints and the Dogs being in the cross hairs, this would bring the number of teams back 16 and would better match the talent pool available.

What about the mighty Blues? When do you predict us to stop tanking?

The whorks endless salary cap will have caught with them & their period of success will have ended. The tax payers & afl will have gotten the shits with propping them up every year and force them to merge with lol Norf!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sounds feasible as this period will coincide with the AFL banning poker machine revenue.
Would be a bit hypocritical of the AFL to do this, given they have a betting company as a corporate partner, but its the AFL and they do stupid things at times, just look at what they did to your club

Would be a bit hypocritical of the AFL to do this, given they have a betting company as a corporate partner, but its the AFL and they do stupid things at times, just look at what they did to your club

Yeah it would but I think that day is approaching similar to what happened with tobacco sponsorship in the past.

Melbourne have some you beaut new draft picks coming up. What are your predictions there.

thats not hard to predict. Its almost a certainty that they will completely stuff their 1st round picks.

thats not hard to predict. Its almost a certainty that they will completely stuff their 1st round picks.
All right then. NM need new recruits. Who will they be.*

Come on this is a gimme

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to the Future ish

Remove this Banner Ad

Back