Backyard Cricket question

Remove this Banner Ad

Ricketts said:
kinda like the 10 second rule when playing golf.

:)

Exactly like when playing golf, infact thats how we thought of it :)

This rule ahs brought about so many injuries, one mate slipped and cut his arm on a fence with no capping, whilst he got back in time to bat he had to forfiet his innings and decide whether he needed stitches or not. :D

Definately the batsman who has to get the ball IMO, however when my brother and I used to play and the batsman hit it back over the head of the bowler into the long, snake filled grass strangely we alternated who would get it.

Getting the ball from the roof however was always a matter of who put it there...whether the batsman hit it on there with a top edge...or whether the bowler bowled a shocking beam ball.

Darky said:
Bring 43 ratty old tennis balls. I'd rather lose a tennis ball than have anyone waste time retrieving one.
When we used to play at my grandpas house, it was always helpful that the tennis court was over the back fence! "Have you seen our tennis ball?" "No...." :D

unfortunatlty I have been sucked in to playng a pull shot a few times on a short ball and ended up fetching the ball. Everytime i have got the ball casue rules are rules and no one likes a person who ruins backyard cricket.

Darky said:
Bring 43 ratty old tennis balls. I'd rather lose a tennis ball than have anyone waste time retrieving one.
Exactly, the mandatory excursion down to the local creek just after the footy finals and then you have no arguements till mid-Feb. :D

I wish i had a little brother ! The hook shot should be encouaraged in BYC but none the less into the ground . Over the fence batsmen fetches and is out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always the batsman, apart from two exceptions. If the ball goes over without the batsman hitting it the bowler gets it, and if the batsman hits it but it touches a fieldsman before going over the fence the fieldsman gets it. Also if it goes over old man Mueller's fence the ball is gone for good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Backyard Cricket question

Remove this Banner Ad

Back