Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, I did find a final table last night in a 5 table game

Though when I'm going through a slump and I final table, I generally will always bubble/double bubble 😑, came 6th paying top 5, had like 700k with about 12 players left, then got outkicked king vs king then raised with AQ and was outflopped by a weaker ace who ripped it on me and had to give it up.

Crawled to the final table with 335k got a good position in the cutoff, but got nothing to work with that orbit and had to fold my blinds facing rips, had 200k for the next orbit and still nothing, put it in UTG+1 with K7 had 2 callers, did turn a nut flush draw but it bricked, got done by ace rag, all well, finally won a couple of flips and stacked 2 players. Still don't think I'm playing badly, hopefully a recovery sign the cards will fall in my favour again.

Finally ended the 14 game bad run with a win last night, first time I've won on a Saturday after many many consistent top 4 finishes over the last 18 months (mainly 2nds)

Had one bloke crack the shits at me before the first break for me getting there on the river and I ripped it on him for 35k more than his value river bet

I had K♠️8♠️ on the button on a 872 rainbow board one spade, this bloke bets 5k, couple of callers, I have position, never folding this board unless I faced a jam.

Ace of spades on the turn, checks to him he bets 15k, just me and the SB call

6 spades on the river giving me the nuts, SB checks, he value bets 20k, I only have 55k, I rip it, SB folds, he's like no way you chased a flush and calls, I'm like yeah I have the flush, flopped top pair also. He throws like 90-100k in the pot which bounces everywhere, shows 87os and storms off

Absolutely dumb from him, I'm never folding for a good price there, if I had 9T for an open ender I'd play it the same way also and that hand got there on the river too. Last Saturday I copped a bad board pairing river getting it in 4-1 favourite on the turn with a straight vs a set, I shook the blokes hand and took it best I could, fronted up the following week and the deck ran my way, hopefully can go find a bit of form now next few weeks and find another cash within my next few games.

Last edited:
I hate people who dont analyse why a player does what they do

As noted the flop gave you top pair so you are continuing any bet apart from a shove

Then the turn opens up more possibilities which makes going away even less likely

Played it spot on

Backed up Saturday with a 4th last night

May have made a very nitty fold at the final table, but felt I was behind, had to call off my tournament life with still a healthy jamming stack of 1.15m in the SB, I tanked for about 2 minutes worked out my odds and hands the BB could've had then elected to fold. I bet 200k on the flop to see where I was at, she snapped called, I checked turn then she ripped it on me

I'd have called if there were 2 cards to come to try hit my flush, didn't think I'd improve with 1 card to come

Didn't get another spot afterwards and got blinded out like 3-4 orbits later 😑

Screenshot_20240812_154811_Chrome.jpg

Backed up Saturday with a 4th last night

May have made a very nitty fold at the final table, but felt I was behind, had to call off my tournament life with still a healthy jamming stack of 1.15m in the SB, I tanked for about 2 minutes worked out my odds and hands the BB could've had then elected to fold. I bet 200k on the flop to see where I was at, she snapped called, I checked turn then she ripped it on me

I'd have called if there were 2 cards to come to try hit my flush, didn't think I'd improve with 1 card to come

Didn't get another spot afterwards and got blinded out like 3-4 orbits later 😑

View attachment 2077233
What did you put her on? I assume TT because of the snap call then the shove when the 2nd flush draw got there - or a better Flush draw

What did you put her on? I assume TT because of the snap call then the shove when the 2nd flush draw got there - or a better Flush draw
She was the BB

She normally ripped it with top pair on the flop or good high cards preflop like she had AK twice and won with that.

J9 100% calls the flop and that got there, she could've had Q7/Q9 etc

2nd last night also, lol

Run like absolute dogshit for over 2 weeks with suckouts galore, break the trend and bubble last week, then once I find a cash a few days after the bubble I go 1st, 4th, 2nd

Just hot or cold this season
Same - went very very cold for months then a 4th Monday night and a 2nd last night

Monday was nearly a top 16 again until I hit the double double

BB with 50k and in the 5/10k BB - with Q6

Players are less likely to speculate so it folds to SB who has a tendency to raise in that position but he chooses to call

Flop is the dream Q66- check check

A on the turn I bet 10k to represent the A and he calls saying if you had an A you shove - I pretend gulp

J on the river and he bets 10 I shove my 30k and he humms and haahs and calls with a Q only

Next orbit BB again 10/20k with Q3h Same again just a Button call and me

Flop is Q 47h I check and button bets 40k - I have 60ish? with top pair and flush draw I shove

He turns over KQ - oh well need a heart or a 3

River the Th to get to 180k and cruise to FT where I manage to steal a few blinds lose some but make money after Big Stack goes from 800k in 3 hands to out

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Same - went very very cold for months then a 4th Monday night and a 2nd last night

Monday was nearly a top 16 again until I hit the double double

BB with 50k and in the 5/10k BB - with Q6

Players are less likely to speculate so it folds to SB who has a tendency to raise in that position but he chooses to call

Flop is the dream Q66- check check

A on the turn I bet 10k to represent the A and he calls saying if you had an A you shove - I pretend gulp

J on the river and he bets 10 I shove my 30k and he humms and haahs and calls with a Q only

Next orbit BB again 10/20k with Q3h Same again just a Button call and me

Flop is Q 47h I check and button bets 40k - I have 60ish? with top pair and flush draw I shove

He turns over KQ - oh well need a heart or a 3

River the Th to get to 180k and cruise to FT where I manage to steal a few blinds lose some but make money after Big Stack goes from 800k in 3 hands to out
My streak came to an end last night, 5 cashes in a row lol

1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 6th, surprisingly that 6th place was the one I wanted the most as it's a bogey venue for me and it broke the duck there, just folded into the money

what online sites are you guys using to play I really want to join.. will I just require a hide your ip type thing if using a pc??
Playing pppoker ATM with fake $ apparently you can play real money 🤷‍♀️

Just won a torny earlier and won like 258m lol if only it was real... Could buy a lot of coke and prostitutes with that.

Just won a torny earlier and won like 258m lol if only it was real... Could buy a lot of coke and prostitutes with that.
oh ok can you find out if they do multi table sit n go tournies or is it just cash games? like the ones for actual money.. i'd be keen if its legit and australians can legit play without ducking through heaps of hoops

Im in the real cash side

Currently $60 in my account but have been as high as $900 - I misclicked a $35 tourny and tightened up more than a fishes arseh*le and managed 7th

I am currently not playing it but the money is there and having it sent to my bank was a matter of a few hours

oh ok can you find out if they do multi table sit n go tournies or is it just cash games? like the ones for actual money.. i'd be keen if its legit and australians can legit play without ducking through heaps of hoops
Legit is an odd word - just be careful of geo-clamping ie if you have multiple accounts it will detect those accounts playing from the same house

I was booted out one night when they tried to argue a mate playing 5 blocks away was in the same room

It is an odd situation - legitimacy - but it is mostly ignored

Im in the real cash side

Currently $60 in my account but have been as high as $900 - I misclicked a $35 tourny and tightened up more than a fishes arseh*le and managed 7th

I am currently not playing it but the money is there and having it sent to my bank was a matter of a few hours
Only been playing pppoker less then a week
I find the sight quite confusing.

I haven't noticed any way to deposit or play real $

Real cash side 🤔 is there a different site for real money. Gonna have to have more of a look later.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back