Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back to regular programming this week

Always getting it in ahead, back to getting mown down again, or losing half my stack to gutterball rivers when I'm sitting with a decent 2 pair and have to pay it off as it's like the only hand that beats me...
Oh actually, maybe not

Got it in behind at risk in a 3 way all in with a pair + gutter against same pair better gutter with about 20 players left (7 table game) and hit the 3 outer on the turn right away. Then picked up queens 2 hands in a row a couple orbits later and got full doubles with around 15 left, then I made a big call with AJ for half my stack on a KQ board on the turn and got there on the river, ended up final tabling and did a 4 way chop.

😡 some times.... This game is a campaigner lol

Blinds 4k/8k (I have 27k)

Everyone folds to me sb
I have pocket A's

🤔 Decide to just call (hoping the BB will then raise)

He does to 16k I shove all in.

He turns over A,10

Flop 10,5,4 I start to get up lol I know how this ends... Turn is a 10 😐 river is a brick.

Last night final 2 tables maybe 13 left AJ with 45k behind blinds 5/10 and i'm the small blind

UTG limps or raises - dont recall and folds to me and I shove BB folds UTG calls and shows KJc

Ok just miss a K and woah 2 x Aces on the flop but I spot the 2 clubs also and groan

Turn is the 5c to see me out

Just felt it would have been enough to get me to FT

😡 some times.... This game is a campaigner lol

Blinds 4k/8k (I have 27k)

Everyone folds to me sb
I have pocket A's

🤔 Decide to just call (hoping the BB will then raise)

He does to 16k I shove all in.

He turns over A,10

Flop 10,5,4 I start to get up lol I know how this ends... Turn is a 10 😐 river is a brick.
Worst one I can remember with a dominated pocket pair was kings cracked by K9, 9 on the flop, 9 on the river before covid lockdowns

I actually wasn't stacked and had position on the guy, but I was out 2 hands later

But yeah like 5-6 weeks ago my black aces cracked by AK 4 card flush straight away on the turn was absolutely disgusting, felt robbed

Copped another one of those weekends where I was always getting it in miles ahead against the short stacks and they kept sucking out to stay alive, thus ruining any progression I had in the game and had to grind it out and double up through the big stacks at risk, made one final table Saturday but only came 8th as I was 3rd last for chips, then I bubbled for the FT in a 3 table game Sunday.

All well, I know I'm not playing badly and the run good will come back, like what happened a few weeks ago cashing 5 games in a row (only can remember 1 really bad beat I delivered in that run and it was the last game I cashed in in that run)

Worst one I can remember with a dominated pocket pair was kings cracked by K9, 9 on the flop, 9 on the river before covid lockdowns

I actually wasn't stacked and had position on the guy, but I was out 2 hands later

But yeah like 5-6 weeks ago my black aces cracked by AK 4 card flush straight away on the turn was absolutely disgusting, felt robbed
Yeah cam be frustrating but what can ya do? Laughed got up... The BB did say sorry... It's poker.. sometimes lady luck is with the other player.

Annoying game poker... About 15 people left...

At this stage I have 185k

I find pocket K's nice... Blinds 5k/10k 1 guy calls before my turn. me I raise to 25k. SB raises all in 80k 🤔 folds around to me... Call.

His pocket 9's hit... Sigh.

Couple hands later there was 3 callers before me. I look down at AQ (spades) with the 3 people just calling before me I raise to 45k (blinds still 5/10) next to act shoves all in 120ish 😐 dam it. Everyone folds to me again... 🤔 Sigh... I called...

He had pocket Q's and I neither hit my ace or flush and I walk away go home and go to bed lol

Annoying game poker... About 15 people left...

At this stage I have 185k

I find pocket K's nice... Blinds 5k/10k 1 guy calls before my turn. me I raise to 25k. SB raises all in 80k 🤔 folds around to me... Call.

His pocket 9's hit... Sigh.

Couple hands later there was 3 callers before me. I look down at AQ (spades) with the 3 people just calling before me I raise to 45k (blinds still 5/10) next to act shoves all in 120ish 😐 dam it. Everyone folds to me again... 🤔 Sigh... I called...

He had pocket Q's and I neither hit my ace or flush and I walk away go home and go to bed lol
Unlucky bro, can't do anything else there

Just gotta accept it's not your night, but particularly with the players who bad beat you regularly, they can only bad beat you because they're always calling well behind, AQ vs QQ can't do much with a cold deck situation, I ran kings into aces on early Sunday game and had to use my chip up, then got sucked out on twice and I was gone, 2nd game of that day was better but copped 1 bad one to a short stack before FT and I was gone a few hands later.

But yeah, I've been getting absolutely ****** over by A7 this year, cracking my AK, AT and kings multiple times and now 9s, had a stinker last night, well ahead in 3 pivotal hands but they all got mowed down and I was out the door before the 2nd break. One of the short stacks who sucked out on Saturday against me got it in bad again on Tuesday with AJ again and I had AQ and we hit the ace on the flop, check check and the chips went in on the turn, good news for me the AQ held this time around as it should. Some players just generally get it in bad alot.

Unlucky bro, can't do anything else there

Just gotta accept it's not your night, but particularly with the players who bad beat you regularly, they can only bad beat you because they're always calling well behind, AQ vs QQ can't do much with a cold deck situation, I ran kings into aces on early Sunday game and had to use my chip up, then got sucked out on twice and I was gone, 2nd game of that day was better but copped 1 bad one to a short stack before FT and I was gone a few hands later.

But yeah, I've been getting absolutely ****** over by A7 this year, cracking my AK, AT and kings multiple times and now 9s, had a stinker last night, well ahead in 3 pivotal hands but they all got mowed down and I was out the door before the 2nd break. One of the short stacks who sucked out on Saturday against me got it in bad again on Tuesday with AJ again and I had AQ and we hit the ace on the flop, check check and the chips went in on the turn, good news for me the AQ held this time around as it should. Some players just generally get it in bad alot.
It happens... Was running hot earlier hence why I ended up with my decent stack... (Even took out one of mates again) I have told him he should stop calling me 😛

It happens... Was running hot earlier hence why I ended up with my decent stack... (Even took out one of mates again) I have told him he should stop calling me 😛
Yeah I told one particular girl I've played against for years to stop raising my blinds frequently as I will come after her stack if I get something solid, she also donk leads out alot when I preflop raise.

Lets just say I've eliminated her 4-5 times since May from the dozen or so times I've played against her in that time frame.

Swings and roundabouts - swing and ****ing ROUNDABOUTS!!!!

2 sets of quads within 4 hands and I get paid off on both. Look around and there are 2 tables and I have 150k

Then the cards die

Meanwhile we lose a few and down to 12 and an all in on the other table and oh no he had 5k more than the other player

5k chip with 5/10 blinds. Poor guy

I'm down to 105k and look at AA - I shove and get called by pocket 4s - giggity

Yep karma bus just mowed me down when the 1st card seen is a 4 - faaaaark - 11th

Meanwhile the bloke with 5k is still in after splitting 4 pots

And yes he won the whole damn thing!

SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS!!!!

Swings and roundabouts - swing and ****ing ROUNDABOUTS!!!!

2 sets of quads within 4 hands and I get paid off on both. Look around and there are 2 tables and I have 150k

Then the cards die

Meanwhile we lose a few and down to 12 and an all in on the other table and oh no he had 5k more than the other player

5k chip with 5/10 blinds. Poor guy

I'm down to 105k and look at AA - I shove and get called by pocket 4s - giggity

Yep karma bus just mowed me down when the 1st card seen is a 4 - faaaaark - 11th

Meanwhile the bloke with 5k is still in after splitting 4 pots

And yes he won the whole damn thing!

SWINGS AND ROUNDABOUTS!!!!
I luckboxed another 2nd on Saturday, though I had a really topsy turvy night, I was eliminating the short stacks, but every couple of all ins they'd suck out and I was down to square one again, then had to double up against the big stacks, then I'd get whittled down again.

Though I didn't do anything wrong, was just short stacked final table folding everything aside from when I was UTG and no one could eliminate me, only got it in behind at risk once with 35 suited UTG 4 handed against QT who ripped over the top from the SB, flop was 484, then I hit running 3s to get an effective triple up 😂, then bloke having a sook no one could stack me got stacked in 4th, lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kinda feel I need 20 minute blinds and 100-150k start stack to play $100+ weekly games

15 minute blinds just don't cut it at that buy in I feel

With my playing style and the way APL runs their blind levels at 15-20 minute blinds, it seems like 125k is an optimal start stack, generally gives you enough play to fold down if running card dead, but the game progresses along. 150k is sometimes too many chips in play depending on the structure (probably works better for 15 minute levels)

Kinda feel I need 20 minute blinds and 100-150k start stack to play $100+ weekly games

With my playing style and the way APL runs their blind levels at 15-20 minute blinds, it seems like 125k is an optimal start stack, generally gives you enough play to fold down if running card dead, but the game progresses along. 150k is sometimes too many chips in play depending on the structure (probably works better for 15 minute levels)
Apl games are basically turbo games... Then alot of bingo at the end... At least where I play anyways.

Its something I have tried to work out but I do seem to do better in 100k+ stack areas. Maybe because I donk a lot off early :D

But its more to do with a feeling that if anything bad happens early I have enough to recover

I started playing APL 12 minute levels and felt anxious or rushed if I lost half my 30k stack - where now I am able to be more patient and pick my spots

APL have changed to 15 minute structures but same stacks

SPT play a 50k stack with a 5k bonus at the first break for liking a FB post - but still 15 minute levels and that seems to be my lower limit

25/30k games now seem like a shove fest

Its something I have tried to work out but I do seem to do better in 100k+ stack areas. Maybe because I donk a lot off early :D

But its more to do with a feeling that if anything bad happens early I have enough to recover

I started playing APL 12 minute levels and felt anxious or rushed if I lost half my 30k stack - where now I am able to be more patient and pick my spots

APL have changed to 15 minute structures but same stacks

SPT play a 50k stack with a 5k bonus at the first break for liking a FB post - but still 15 minute levels and that seems to be my lower limit

25/30k games now seem like a shove fest
I've only seen 30k games in secondaries these days, unless it's a long slow format like the APL millions

Some $15 games were 15k start 30k chip up, but alot of those games changed to 50k freezeouts (I also think 50k is paltry unless it's 20 minute levels, but for a secondary at $15-25 it's fine, shouldn't be charging more than 25 imo).

Yeah perhaps I know I can recover with a deeper stack after a few early blows, the smaller blinds probably help there see a few more flops, it's so annoying how often in 100k freezeouts I start poorly, some nights I just late reg to avoid early carnage, but the same problem there, if you don't make a few hands early on at 1-2k/2-4k/3-6k there goes a big chunk of your stack

Apl games are basically turbo games... Then alot of bingo at the end... At least where I play anyways.
They all are turbos

But some games are only designed to go for 2-2 1/2 hours, others go for 6-7-8 hours like what some of the more expensive weekly games in Melbourne at Highways and Club Italia do, though Club Italia left recently, so most of the money is in the South East/East at the moment. It's finding those good 4-5 hour games is where the middle ground is, make some cash without breaking the bank etc.

Got absolutely royally screwed over by the dealer/TD final table once we were in the money

Go from chip leader and about 1.3m to out in 5th in 2 hands by drunk guy who had to be semi coached on how to act, I flop middle set against drunk guys flush draw and I snap his jam, he ends up runner runnering a straight to take 2/3s of my stack then sucked out trip 2s on the turn against an ace on the flop to stack me. To add insult to injury I had 50k more chips than the other short stack who was eliminated same hand as me, but because 100k had to be put out as my ante, he had me covered by 50k instead, so I got paid less.

Just plain annoying, was absolutely destroying the field, but nah...

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back