Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Contemplating whether a different move might have kept me in the game

Blinds are 3/6k and I am BB.

Utg raises to 15k and it folds to me with KK and 33k extra.

I shove

Utg eventually calls and turns over A8

And yes A on the river is enough

My thought was what would happen if I flat called the 15k and see a low flop of 963 and then shove - do they fold?

I know I am quarterbacking because the flop was low

But would I get away with it? Does my flat indicate low pockets and I get away with it?

Thoughts?
Unlucky to get rivered

Raiser got lucky, don't over think this one

I got screwed over on Wednesday last week AQ vs A9 and I already had a call from the SB who probably folded what was likely an eventual winner, bloke in the BB rips it over the top with his A9 and forces the SB to fold. I was all in for 250k at 40-80k blinds.

Safe king high flop, jack of hearts on the turn, gives me a straight draw but he a flush draw, he hits a black 9 on the river to send me packing, the bloke completely overvalued the strength of his hand and got lucky in what should have been a triple up for me, what can I do? I'll outplay this bloke time and time again with his loose range if I come up against him again, can't keep on relying on luck.

Unlucky to get rivered

Raiser got lucky, don't over think this one

I got screwed over on Wednesday last week AQ vs A9 and I already had a call from the SB who probably folded what was likely an eventual winner, bloke in the BB rips it over the top with his A9 and forces the SB to fold. I was all in for 250k at 40-80k blinds.

Safe king high flop, jack of hearts on the turn, gives me a straight draw but he a flush draw, he hits a black 9 on the river to send me packing, the bloke completely overvalued the strength of his hand and got lucky in what should have been a triple up for me, what can I do? I'll outplay this bloke time and time again with his loose range if I come up against him again, can't keep on relying on luck.
Yeah I know I did the right thing just grumbling

More trying to open my mind to other possibilities without shoving

The guy luckboxed all night

Final table 3 to go he shoves with AT gets called by KJ who hits 2 pair on the turn only for the Q on the river

He has QQ against AK A on the flop A on the turn and Q on the river

Yeah I know I did the right thing just grumbling

More trying to open my mind to other possibilities without shoving

The guy luckboxed all night

Final table 3 to go he shoves with AT gets called by KJ who hits 2 pair on the turn only for the Q on the river

He has QQ against AK A on the flop A on the turn and Q on the river
It happens bro

I came 3rd on Friday

Bloke who won luckboxed every all in hand from the final 3 tables onwards, I was getting blinded out and folded everything the luckboxer was involved with but I held on for pay jumps as there was no way I was going to win with the way he was running, 2nd or 3rd was my best chance

Like the way he got me, I had T7 suited in the BB but had just over 1 BB, he put me all in no look and rolls over 63os

Flop KT8 rainbow, ok, 7 turn, oh shit I have 2 pair but he's gunna hit a 9 on the river 100% and yepppp there it is...

Last year Season 1 I wasn't playing that much, only played just enough to qualify for State Championships, but yeah I had like 3 Friday nights in a row around February/March where I got it in way ahead with aces vs kings or kings vs queens right before the final table, every single time they sucked out and either sent me packing or left me with crumbs. I ended up going on tilt on Fridays for 2 more months and changed venue 3 times (played at 4 different places) before I finally won 2 weeks in a row in May and settled down at 2 places to play at on a Friday for the rest of the year, the place I copped those bad beats in at the end of summer I eventually started winning at, also had 1 run end of last year/start of this year where I FTd 8 games in a row and cashed 6 times (1 1st, 2 2nds, 3 3rds)

Remove this Banner Ad

Bad Beat/Vent/Brag thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back