Recommitted Bailey Dale signs 5 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

It’ll be a substantial payrise mate. He will be a dual AA by the end of this year and arguably in the top 3 kicks in the game.

Deserves his cheddar.
What do you think he’s currently on? $300-$350k? I think we could snag him for $550k and he’ll sign pretty low fuss similar to Macrae. It just seems like their personality types.

Funny thing is he has been even better than last year, especially on the defensive side of things, but he probably won’t even sniff the All Aus team.

Funny thing is he has been even better than last year, especially on the defensive side of things, but he probably won’t even sniff the All Aus team.
Wouldn't be surprised. There's a pretty extraordinary bias towards the higher ranked teams. It arguably would have helped him get the recognition in the first place last year

600k. Probably for 3-4yrs. Tracking for another AA year. Has been the best player in our backline comfortably and his ball use is incredible.

HUN reporting today other clubs were offering 650 K P/A.

Dogs also greatly interested in Rory Lobb.

What do you think he’s currently on? $300-$350k? I think we could snag him for $550k and he’ll sign pretty low fuss similar to Macrae. It just seems like their personality types.

He is in the top 25% of earners at the Dogs, so would be on more than the AFL average.

I don’t think you’ll need to find a heap of extra cash to keep him.

HUN reporting today other clubs were offering 650 K P/A.

Dogs also greatly interested in Rory Lobb.
That would mean Band 2 compo right? I know Daniher got Essendon Band 1, but he went on $750k/year for his initial contract.

Band 2 for Dale is incredibly poor compensation. Makes him even more of a must-keep

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That would mean Band 2 compo right? I know Daniher got Essendon Band 1, but he went on $750k/year for his initial contract.

Band 2 for Dale is incredibly poor compensation. Makes him even more of a must-keep

I think you will keep him.

The one most likely to go is Dunkley IMO

And Logue. Don’t they have a salary cap!?
I don't think we actually have anyone on seriously high wages other than Bont, but probably a lot in the 500k-700k category (Hunter, Naughton, Bruce, Keath, Macrae, Treloar, JJ). I imagine our cap would currently be tight-ish, but with room for mid-priced recruits.

We have Keath and JJ coming out of contract, and both would presumably be extending on well under what their salary is this year, which frees up a bit of cash if it hasn't already been factored into other long term contracts. If we did chase Logue and/or Lobb, I would assume neither would command much more than average wages (given it's around $400k currently).

Also should consider that after Dunks made that trade request two years ago, he's failed to extend. I think there's a very strong chance he leaves this year, especially since there's a lot of clubs who would have interest in his type (Richmond, Bombers, Saints, Sydney, Geelong, etc.)

Think Dogs will let him go if a club offers him a crazy contract/way overs (something along the lines of 750 K per season)

Handy player but I don't think the Dogs will get engaged in a bitter war

Probably would net them band 2 compo (but who knows how they formulate it)

They won't get rid of him, they will offload a midfielder (like Dunkley) as they have plenty of them on the list already.

Just realised he looks likes Leeds United Luke Ayling (but with short hair)

p66588.png

Good work Doggies, apparently the Pies were having a massive crack at him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Recommitted Bailey Dale signs 5 year deal

Remove this Banner Ad

Back