Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Tom Morris on Nine tonight: “Cats have a bit of work to do if they want to land Bailey Smith”
As a neutral, 15 isn’t going to get it done

Yeah, but imagine if you could get a $30 pizza for the price of a Domino's pizza?

The pizza has been known to have drug issues and he's torn part of his crust, but the ingredients are still there we hope.

Of course, we can't know for sure though.
The ‘Torquay’ has pineapple on it down this way 😋 🍕 🍍 mm tasty 🤤

What TB got to do with this? It's about Bailey not TB.

Plus Hawks don't need TB as much as Cats need Bailey. We got battle and Frost, if we had Frost against Port we probably win.

Our defence doesn't rely on a key 1v1 defender, whilst it's great to have, we have Frost did the job fine in 2024... and he was behind Blanck on the pecking order
The only reason Frost looks AFL standard at the moment is because of the bolded. You defend further up and make Frost look good. If that game plan at all comes unstuck so does your backline. There is a good reason you're chasing 2x KPDs.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dogs reportedly still not happy at all with Cats 1st+2nd, and Cats don’t want to offer more.

Looks like Geelong losing last night didn’t change the trade scenario after all.

I hate this time of year.

1st and 2nd/future 2nd was always going to be the opening offer, they still have weeks to go back and forth over it.

Dogs want a ready-to-go replacement. That's unlikely to be this year's #15.

Cats need to think about who they might take with #15.

The cats would either be using #15 in this trade or using it on bailey in the draft (if worse comes to worst which i doubt it will). Either way geelong wont have #15 to use on a young player.

Ok

How do you feel about two firsts for a contracted Tom Barrass?

Bailey is out of contract, Barrass isn’t.

Bet your tune changes.
What’s that? It’s somehow different?

“They chased him hard for 18 months, the onus is on them to make sure they have the capital to get it done, not promise the world without being able to pay...”
I don’t think the Hawks have been chasing Barass for the past two years, unlike Geelong, who don’t seem to think chasing a contracted player is fair, including Scott meeting with him while still under contract.

I don’t think the Hawks have been chasing Barass for the past two years, unlike Geelong, who don’t seem to think chasing a contracted player is fair, including Scott meeting with him while still under contract.

I must have missed the bit where mitchell met with barass while he was under contract. Im not sure exactly what your point is.

Ahahaha oh hell no! You actually think that only one team does it….no no no wait you think ALL 18 TEAMS are just causally sitting around “NOT” meeting with contracted players? 😂

Please oh please explain to me what the hell were the Dogs doing meeting with Dan Houston (CONTRACTED BTW) just this past week?….now how could they be doing that? That would mean that they were meeting with a contracted player? Doing the very thing you’re demonising right?

Now would you say your club are a bunch of hypocrites if that is the case? Or….is Sam Power just being competent at his job and trying to lure a player who most likely wants to come Home to the club that he works for?

See how pointless that argument is? It’s totally irrelevant to Smith who is

A) Out of Contract
B) Says he doesn’t want to be at the Dogs
C) Will in due time say where he wants to go

He’s not being handcuffed and dragged from Whitten Oval

Come on bro, every team meets with contracted players all the time…you’re not actually that naive 😂

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back