Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

The ITK posters on our board are saying we dont want Smith.
All in on Barrass. Which coulf be embarrassing if another club snags him.

I was told by a reliable ITK source who is on the Hawks board like 2/3 days ago that Smith was heading to Hawks and not Geelong as that was a ruse by Smith’s manager to throw the media off and make them think it was Geelong.

I was also told about a week ago by two Cats ITK people on the Cats board that he’s absolutely heading to Geelong

I was told by different Bulldogs ITK people here that he’s 50/50.

I was told by a Pies fan at the beginning of the year that Lachie Schultz was very much worth a first round pick.

There’s only one certainty in what I wrote and it’s the last one….except that it’s Lachie Schulz has not now or ever been worth a first rounder. Burst out laughing at the time I saw the trade go down and laughed even harder after he shit the bed and sunk Collingwood’s Premiership defence tonight.

I was told by a reliable ITK source who is on the Hawks board like 2/3 days ago that Smith was heading to Hawks and not Geelong as that was a ruse by Smith’s manager to throw the media off and make them think it was Geelong.

I was also told about a week ago by two Cats ITK people on the Cats board that he’s absolutely heading to Geelong

I was told by different Bulldogs ITK people here that he’s 50/50.

I was told by a Pies fan at the beginning of the year that Lachie Schultz was very much worth a first round pick.

There’s only one certainty in what I wrote and it’s the last one….except that it’s Lachie Schulz has not now or ever been worth a first rounder. Burst out laughing at the time I saw the trade go down and laughed even harder after he shit the bed and sunk Collingwood’s Premiership defence tonight.
Latest rumor is he's pissed off not getting any games because he's not re-signed. I mean if he's ready to play again he should be in the VFL.

What is missing here is that three clubs have put big offers in front of him, excluding the Dogs. I don’t think he is worth that money, but to teams that don’t have A grade mids, it would be worth it.

If a club is prepared to offer big money, then they need to cough up the equivalent in draft picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

TBH, I'm not sure you were ever 'in'.

I am happy to be corrected, and I might be wrong, but everything Cats people have been hearing is this has been a done deal for quite some time..
Hawthorn are just about ready as it is in the midfield. They might just be a Barrass away from a premiership.

That was always going to take priority, much like how we need to fix the midfield rather than look at defenders.

If Geelong finish top 4, you’d expect they’d need to throw in a second round pick along with their first.
I'd add that Hawthorn are now about where I thought Geelong would finish this year and I'd always maintained I'd pay a first and a second so I'd say it's time to start including Hawks in that

I'd add that Hawthorn are now about where I thought Geelong would finish this year and I'd always maintained I'd pay a first and a second so I'd say it's time to start including Hawks in that
Exactly this, I had us finishing 7th which would rough equate to 1st rounder and 2nd rounder for Smith.
Hawks would be equivalent to that now although if Barrass is coming (likely) they are gonna need PICKS (multiple) to pry a contracted player out of the Eagles.

Smith is Out of Contract which makes it far easier for Bailey to have leverage in this situation and pick where he wants to go for basically “not much” which in this case, a first and a second is more than enough for a guy coming off an ACL.

If Geelong finish top 4, you’d expect they’d need to throw in a second round pick along with their first.

Can we just do the deal now? **** waiting till Trade Period

Bulldogs fans know Bailey is done with them.
Bevo
is done with him.
Sam Power is done with him.

This should be a relatively easy trade right?

Cats 2024 first (Dogs don’t have one so this will get them into the first round) and a Cats 2025 2nd Rounder

For

Bailey Smith and a Dogs 2024 3rd Rounder

Boom! Should just get the paperwork done now.

Can we just do the deal now? **** waiting till Trade Period

Bulldogs fans know Bailey is done with them.
Bevo
is done with him.
Sam Power is done with him.

This should be a relatively easy trade right?

Cats 2024 first (Dogs don’t have one so this will get them into the first round) and a Cats 2025 2nd Rounder

For

Bailey Smith and a Dogs 2024 3rd Rounder

Boom! Should just get the paperwork done now.
No.. just Smith, nothing going back

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back