Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Also I'd have to dig it up but your list manager publicly declared that you'd be only chasing cheap trade ins or free agents this period.

Nah that was the President, Jeff Browne.

In doing so he also stated the draft didn’t really work for the club as they didn’t intend on going to the bottom of the ladder…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He isn't an unrestricted free agent.

The amount of people that don't understand the difference between out of contract and a free agent is staggering
Yes you are correct, I knew that but I'm not sure why I posted that... but what I'm trying to say is, each week if he isn't signed up yet the less chance of a player of his status is likely to stay

I’ve seen it a few times, idk what to believe anymore.

Sounds like it’s 33%-33%-33% between staying, hawks or cats
I don't know where he's going but him signing for the dogs now seems the least likely. It's mid-July and he's had all year knowing he's not playing to sign. I mean, he could pull an Andrew Gaff, but it's not particularly likely

I don't know where he's going but him signing for the dogs now seems the least likely. It's mid-July and he's had all year knowing he's not playing to sign. I mean, he could pull an Andrew Gaff, but it's not particularly likely
While I partially agree, I think it’s different due to his injury.

English also hasn’t signed on yet but is expected to.

Unless you are referencing Collingwood
They would be the jockey who has fell of their horse and trying to run to the finish line

Most of the talk about us being out of the race was when we were still top 4 a month ago.

Our future first would definitely now be worth more than Geelong’s 2024 1st and at a minimum equal to the Hawks 2024 1st.

That’s before you even consider to option of trading 2026 picks.

Not that I’d be advocating it (we need to draft a key forward more), but I wouldn’t count us out just yet.

NB. As for all the ridiculousness around Cotton On extra payments to get him to the Cats, I can categorically rule that out…

While I partially agree, I think it’s different due to his injury.

English also hasn’t signed on yet but is expected to.
Yeah, but he has got nothing else to do right now. His priorities are lonely gym sessions and instagram. I would say the injury makes it more likely he'd have signed by now. Gaff leaving it to the last minute was understandable given it was 2018 and he was busy winning a premiership

Most of the talk about us being out of the race was when we were still top 4 a month ago.

Our future first would definitely now be worth more than Geelong’s 2024 1st and at a minimum equal to the Hawks 2024 1st.

That’s before you even consider to option of trading 2026 picks.

Not that I’d be advocating it (we need to draft a key forward more), but I wouldn’t count us out just yet.

NB. As for all the ridiculousness around Cotton On extra payments to get him to the Cats, I can categorically rule that out…
Don't think you're breaking any news there.

Any posts about Cotton On paying his salary have been delivered with a healthy dose of sarcasm.

Remove this Banner Ad

Speculation Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back