Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Pick 15/16 which becomes 18/19 after FA snd bids? That’s a pretty crap 1st and a second in the 30’s? Im sure you’d all be thrilled

Yeah ok. Lets ask Dan Menzel if ACL rehab doesn't matter FFS what a ludicrous comment.

That fact you are dismissive of a 12 month injury and the fact they really are 18 -24 month injuries shows a complete blindness to any knowledge of the issues associated with the injury.

And thus invalidates any values you are prospecting with lol

GO Catters
Didn’t Menzel go with the dodgy lars treatment though?

I'm not sure where Baz himself wants to go. I do believe he wants to leave the Dogs but why would he not announce something already? The Dogs are not going to play him this season, the quicker he announces he is leaving then the club he wants to go to the quicker that the clubs can work together to work out a deal.
I am not naive enough to believe that dealing hasnt already started with Baz management, Dogs and suitors. But it could be done openly and maturely.
On Baz's worth, i am unsure. But I would say this. Apart from Fremantle, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Port he would start in every midfield. In those four teams he would rotate through the midfield or start on the wing. No question.
So for a starting midfielder/wing with pace and endurance I feel his price would be quite high.

I'm not sure where Baz himself wants to go. I do believe he wants to leave the Dogs but why would he not announce something already? The Dogs are not going to play him this season, the quicker he announces he is leaving then the club he wants to go to the quicker that the clubs can work together to work out a deal.
I am not naive enough to believe that dealing hasnt already started with Baz management, Dogs and suitors. But it could be done openly and maturely.
On Baz's worth, i am unsure. But I would say this. Apart from Fremantle, Brisbane, Gold Coast and Port he would start in every midfield. In those four teams he would rotate through the midfield or start on the wing. No question.
So for a starting midfielder/wing with pace and endurance I feel his price would be quite high.
Part of me wonders if there is a deal already done with both Geelong and Hawthorn, with one of the deals being public post finals.

I think some Hawks fans are trying to think of how we get the capital to net both Baz and Barrass, but I reckon it'll be tough given both clubs will be wanting at least a first round pick and change.

It would be poor form to announce while both the clubs are playing finals.

I was ropeable when Jez told GWS and they immediately held a press conference and started making trade demands publicly when Geelong was in a grand final later that week. Players don't need that distraction

Pick 15/16 which becomes 18/19 after FA snd bids? That’s a pretty crap 1st and a second in the 30’s? Im sure you’d all be thrilled

Ive said this before but dunkley was traded for picks 21 and 23 (and theres no way geelongs future 1st will be 21 its every chance of being top 10) with small later pick swaps. In this context pick 17ish and an early 30s for a player coming off an acl (with maybe some minor later picks added in) is absolutely reasonable. Im sure the dogs wont like it (and fair enough) but its a fair price.

You have to love the people over in Geelong pages who are adamant Baz is going to them.

“He bought a property, was seen buying a property.” Our insiders on our page reported this, we believe them. The same people who told you Hopper is a lock to join Geelong, and then he didn’t, that told you Devon Smith was a lock to Geelong, hmmm.

-

You want to keep listening to these frauds or listen to someone who knows the game. Who parties with many footballers present and past. Who they get life advice off.

Geelong fans also think they are getting some mystery mid GWS player. The only GWS player a chance to go there is Kidney Stones (there’s your hint, p.s his not even a midfielder). The second player you maybe get is when smash your windscreen who do you call (on a 2 year deal this guy), and that’s the only hint I’m giving you.

My account and left hand are on the line for you all here who think I’m doing this for a troll cast act. Your club don’t want Clarry either, so quit talking about him. Enjoy the finals 💋

You have to love the people over in Geelong pages who are adamant Baz is going to them.

“He bought a property, was seen buying a property.” Our insiders on our page reported this, we believe them. The same people who told you Hopper is a lock to join Geelong, and then he didn’t, that told you Devon Smith was a lock to Geelong, hmmm.

-

You want to keep listening to these frauds or listen to someone who knows the game. Who parties with many footballers present and past. Who they get life advice off.

Geelong fans also think they are getting some mystery mid GWS player. The only GWS player a chance to go there is Kidney Stones (there’s your hint, p.s his not even a midfielder). The second player you maybe get is when smash your windscreen who do you call (on a 2 year deal this guy), and that’s the only hint I’m giving you.

My account and left hand are on the line for you all here who think I’m doing this for a troll cast act. Your club don’t want Clarry either, so quit talking about him. Enjoy the finals 💋

Hopper was a lock to geelong on a 5 year contract until richmond went crazy and offered him 7 years (this is why we werent into bruhn til late).
As for stone its well known geelong have liked stone since his draft year but hes about to sign for gws for 2 years so youre wrong there.
And obrien will likely stay at adelaide so youre wrong.

The rest of your post is made up. School holidays has come early.

Hopper was a lock to geelong on a 5 year contract until richmond went crazy and offered him 7 years (this is why we werent into bruhn til late).
As for stone its well known geelong have liked stone since his draft year but hes about to sign for gws for 2 years so youre wrong there.
And obrien will likely stay at adelaide so youre wrong.

The rest of your post is made up. School holidays has come early.
You were always into Bruhn, it was an open secret he didn't want to go up to NSW and was always coming home. So lie number 1. Hopper had Richmonds offer at the same time as yours, 4 years then they upped it late. Lie 2

I don't have much mail on Stone that's why i said might.

And Adelaide want ROB gone :)

P.S Word getting stronger at Glenferrie Road that Baz is going hawks. Few whispers at Yochi on Thurs night, the people know.

Baz 110% wants to leave, but you'll find out the hard way

You were always into Bruhn, it was an open secret he didn't want to go up to NSW and was always coming home. So lie number 1. Hopper had Richmonds offer at the same time as yours, 4 years then they upped it late. Lie 2

I don't have much mail on Stone that's why i said might.

And Adelaide want ROB gone :)

P.S Word getting stronger at Glenferrie Road that Baz is going hawks. Few whispers at Yochi on Thurs night, the people know.

You are wrong.
We were keen on tanner in his draft year (until we had no picks after cameron trade) but we werent chasing him to come back. We had committed to hopper and he had verbally committed to us and tanner didnt want to be stuck behind him. Tanner was going to hawthorn instead. Then richmond panicked and offered hopper overs and the rest is history.
Ollie henry we were into from before he was drafted but not tanner.

Geelong were keen on stone in previous years and still might be but hes keen to stay this time.

Im aware adelaide want ROB gone but he has a contract and i dont think he wants to move. I think he will stay and go as an FA next year personally.

Smith has been geelong for a while and will be unless something breaks down.

I'm really surprised St Kilda haven't made a monster offer to him. They have the cap space and the midfield minutes he wants, he gives them gut-running which Ross normally loves, plus marketability.

His instagram account would love all the shirtless pics on the beaches at St Kilda. It's a match made in heaven.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

-

That's it guys, anonymous internet man has spoken. No one's views matter. May as well pack up the thread and console ourselves with another potential top 4 finish to the year.

Gotta love how even Geelong supporters are now saying they'll drop down the ladder next year.

To be fair it will be the first year since 2007 we have had no selwood or hawkins. And most of our older 30s (except cameron and stewart who are going strong) are very close to the end.
We will go well long term as we have a good crop of talent under 24 and we have good coaches. But our 24-28yo age bracket isnt great (which is where bailey would help) so its easy to see why we would dip next year and why we wouldnt trade a future 1st.

To be fair it will be the first year since 2007 we have had no selwood or hawkins. And most of our older 30s (except cameron and stewart who are going strong) are very close to the end.
We will go well long term as we have a good crop of talent under 24 and we have good coaches. But our 24-28yo age bracket isnt great (which is where bailey would help) so its easy to see why we would dip next year and why we wouldnt trade a future 1st.
Don't have either of them now. And they're better without Hawkins. If he came back now Geelong would be worse off

Don't have either of them now. And they're better without Hawkins. If he came back now Geelong would be worse off
Agreed, but it's deeper than that.

We'll probably have a better side next year purely on paper, but our depth will be draftees and kids in their second year. We'll be ****ed if we get unlucky with injury.

Most Geelong supporters see a 1-2 year drop and then a rise after that.

Our most talented players are either too young or too old. We don't have enough in the middle bracket, and only time is going to fix that...or a ridiculous spending spree in trade week (unlikely)

-

Is that you Ricky Nixon??

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back