Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol what cope? Cats fans are literally saying here, "If he comes he comes, if he doesn't then so be it"

Genuinely how is that cope? Morris I would trust about as far as i can throw him. Can not once remember him getting something Geelong related correct. Pretty sure he said Holmes was Saint Kilda bound and Cats would have to pay up to match. Cue Holmes signing for way under "perceived value" one day later.

As CatToTheFuture said above, "Tom Morris is trying to extrapolate something he can get away with saying without it being an outright lie."
Eh just seemed like a bunch of you are very quick to say it’s all bunk (which it might be), if it’s true and he’s looking for 6 years the Cats aren’t offering- then massive bullet dodged if you ask me.

Eh just seemed like a bunch of you are very quick to say it’s all bunk (which it might be), if it’s true and he’s looking for 6 years the Cats aren’t offering- then massive bullet dodged if you ask me.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying the info itself isn't correct, i'm going on old mate's track record in talking crap.

It sounds like he's got a 5 year deal from Cats, 2 years from Dogs and maybe a couple years from someone else not really in consideration?

Player agents create a "bidding war" to get teams to offer more all the time when there's no actual bidding war it's just them trying to squeeze the years/dollars.

Cats regularly get thrown in as a name to spruce up market price for guys who they genuinely aren't interested in. Just last year it was Darcy Parish so he could get 6 years at Dons.
This year its Jake Waterman (think about it, why would Waterman go to Geelong of all teams when Geelong already has multiple guys in his position and he's a WA boy?)

Smith's team wants other bidders to come in so Cats up their offer to 6 years. Cats rarely if ever give 6 years to anyone.
Don't see this being anymore than a beat up to try and drive price up.

Don't get me wrong i'm not saying the info itself isn't correct, i'm going on old mate's track record in talking crap.

It sounds like he's got a 5 year deal from Cats, 2 years from Dogs and maybe a couple years from someone else not really in consideration?

Player agents create a "bidding war" to get teams to offer more all the time when there's no actual bidding war it's just them trying to squeeze the years/dollars.

Cats regularly get thrown in as a name to spruce up market price for guys who they genuinely aren't interested in. Just last year it was Darcy Parish so he could get 6 years at Dons.
This year its Jake Waterman (think about it, why would Waterman go to Geelong of all teams when Geelong already has multiple guys in his position?)

Smith's team wants other bidders to come in so Cats up their offer to 6 years. Cats rarely if ever give 6 years to anyone.

The two years offered from Dogs seems like they’re forcing him out like Stringer and Hunter. No Drug culture, no dickhead policy etc etc

Cats fans trying their utmost hardest to cope here. Not saying Morris is right, but the fact that Smith was supposedly checking in with the Gold Coast in the last couple of weeks tells me something is up here- after we’ve been led to believe it’s was signed and sealed to Cats.
I can see a budding young man like Bailey not being too keen on living in Geelong when Melbourne is his oyster (off field)
a solid minority are quite happy too

This year its Jake Waterman (think about it, why would Waterman go to Geelong of all teams when Geelong already has multiple guys in his position?)

Not being forced out just a conservative offer. Cats are pretty much using years to get him across.

Not being forced out just a conservative offer. Cats are pretty much using years to get him across.

I don't blame them at all for taking a stance on it, they clearly are doing just fine without Baz

If the supposed drug/mental issues are still present then i can see why Cats are pushing hard. They've done this before with guys going through stuff to try and help them get back on track eg Jack Steven, Mitch Clark.

Not sure he probably wants to play in geelong
It's hard to tell what his motivations are but his manager doesn't seem all too bright to me. 5yrs at 800k+ at geelong sounds a bit unders for him when he can stay until FA and potentially get more years on $1mil+ whichever club is better. I guess he got sold on playing midfield and the beaches.

The seven stages of grief on full show with Geelong fans and Baz.

Stage 1: denial

Of course you choose to put yourself through that, you instead could’ve listened to me when I broke that his not going to you guys. The words now getting out, thanks Tom Morris, I look forward to our lunch next week 🙌

Of course you choose to put yourself through that, you instead could’ve listened to me when I broke that his not going to you guys. The words now getting out, thanks Tom Morris, I look forward to our lunch next week 🙌
Hi whisp.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I thought you would have shut your account down after claiming Barrass and the Hawks wasn't happening?

Except I never claimed it wasn’t going to happen.

You claimed you were Baz's schoolmate at Xav's...and then your story became that, "you went to Europe with him"
Then you claimed you "knew people who knew people in the know"
Notice how the story keeps changing? I kept receipts. Hawks fans in their thread did too about Barrass.

I asked for proof and you never responded (how convenient)
If you are who you claim you are you could easily refute it with photo evidence of your dear old mate Baz who you are super close with.

But that would ruin the mystic around our "local celebrity"

Also this is you posting in the Tom Barrass thread. Look at the date, now Barrass and the WCE have confirmed him requesting a trade on their own page right here.
Want to explain yourself? I'll have a Dom Pérignon thanks

Been told although the Hawks hold interest it's not a priority for them. Barrass himself is using the Hawks to leverage a significant deal for himself, and WCE are 50/50 on pushing him out to get picks.

But believe all you want with the media and Hawks being guarantees to land him. My sources at Hawks are from the horses mouth themselves

Last edited:
The waters have become a little muddy here...perhaps a modicum of desperation has crept in.

"We'll listen to any club that offers 6+...", would seem to refute the media driven stories that Smith is definitely off to [insert multiple clubs here] that have been circulating for months.

Maybe, just maybe, the Dogs are the only club with a concrete offer in front of him.

Maybe - just maybe - his manager has been playing games with the media all along, and has now been found out.

Watch this space.

I just can’t see the Cats offering 6, they are notoriously stingy (and rightfully so), they only offer superstars and those that have earnt it that kinda deal.. maybe some posturing out of Bailey’s management to get a longer deal out of them

We have given 6 to cameron and stengle previously i can see that happening here.

its a bit like the Trac situation. Clubs whom would like to recruit him do not have as high opinion of his ability as the player himself does.
you would think Geelong will get him, as no other club suitable for Smith is really that interested in providing a player who's record is average at best with a six year deal on a huge salary. He's done very little since the Dogs finals push several years ago, has an ACL, and is somewhat of an unknown quantity.
Dogs clearly don't want him, the offer of two years proves that, and the only club left is Geelong.
Cats have a great track record of fixing up both on and off field behaviour, but even they would be seeing this as a huge risk. Hopefully for them, its another Tyson Stengle.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back