Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

If Baz does nominate Hawks I wonder what we'd have to give up for him at this stage.

I'd imagine Barrass is taking either of our firsts for this/next year, as well as either of our seconds for this/next year and a player- I'm imagining they'll ask for Serong, especially if he gets some finals experience this year. Potentially Blanck if they can get his body right?

Smith I'd imagine would be worth the other two picks that come from our first two rounds over this year and next, as well as a player of more value/higher midfield potential- potentially a Henry Hustwaite-style player.

A pain in the butt to sift through your one cos its covered in the note addendums as to where your money actually comes from . A link to your one is in here

Note 3 and 9 cover off the extra 2.2 for Whitten Oval redevelopment and then a 6 mill grant for Academy

One hilarious thing in your financials also is Fed and State govt just gave you the guys the money in one lump sum and because the development has taken like 6 years, you guys took that money and invested it in term deposits. Not only that you get to keep all the tax deductions from free state money. Out of the 77 million spent on the redevelopment, the club has spent 11 mill itself but then banked the tax deductions which have been about 20 mill so far, so effectively the clubs just gained a extra 9 mill by reduced tax revenue within that same redevelopment too.

A insane figure is the Federal govt gave West Coast Eagles 4 mill to redevelop our training facitility. They gave Western Bulldogs 36.4 million...

EDIT : Stumped if I know how Vic University gave you 8 mill for the Whitten Oval redevelopment when they lost 100 mill over last 2 years

Last edited:
HOW DID YOU KN...i mean.....

I have no Earthly idea what you're talking about?

Any Hou$e$ Bailey may or may not receive absolutely have zero connection to the Geelong Footy Club or their major sponsors like that brand new Ford Bailey is driving and the extra Cotton On gig he has?

Real Estate Meme GIF by hero0fwar

One thing's for certain: no club vacillates between "They're a bunch of shit trucks, absolute frauds, straight sets coming up in September!" and "They're must be rorting the salary cap to assemble such an unstoppable dream team" quite like the Geelong Football Club.

A week is a long time in football indeed. https://www.bigfooty.com/forum/thre...th-7-40pm-est-7-10pm-cst-ao-teams-up.1386380/

Bailey Smith looked at Luke Beveridge today and told him he doesn’t want to play at the Bulldogs anymore and instead, he wants to be traded away from Whitten Oval, this being the sixth year since he was taken with pick seven in the 2018 draft.

“I’m told he went into some detail about why he wanted to be traded, and the reasons and the motivations for wanting out, there’s lots of scuttlebutt about those, perhaps those reasons will become more concrete in time.

“He didn’t however request a club, Bailey Smith. That club will be Geelong.

“He’s 23, played 103 games, recovering from a knee reconstruction of course, the Dogs revealed the news in a statement, saying “given his immense talent, his age and his proven ability to influence games, the club will work diligently to ensure it is fairly compensated throughout the process.

“So, this is where Geelong’s first round pick comes into it. As it stands, they have got pick 16 but, there’s father-sons, there’s academy bids to come, maybe Josh Battle compensation for St Kilda in the top end as well, so that Cats first rounder could be pushed further back, certainly into the 20’s if they win the premiership.

“Will that be enough for the Western Bulldogs? Will that have to be enough for the Western Bulldogs given Bailey Smith is out of contract and has all the leverage?”

Although it was apparent that several clubs were interested in Smith’s services, Geelong will be the landing place for the young midfielder for reasons beyond the finances.

“It’s been Geelong in the box seat for the better part of 18 months,” Edmund continued.

“I see no reason that that has shifted. We know that Hawthorn have got other priorities in terms of (Tom) Barrass, (Josh) Battle and the like.

“I am told though that it’s not huge money, that basically any other club could fit him in so it’s not a money decision from Bailey Smith at all.

“There’s a bit of lifestyle in there, there’s a bit of football programming in there as well I understand.

“He was out of contract at the Western Bulldogs who would have surely offered him a long-term deal as well.

“Don’t pretend to know the length of the contract at the Cats or anything else at the Cats but it will be a long-term one for sure.”

“He didn’t however request a club, Bailey Smith. That club will be Geelong.

Wat

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wouldn’t mind Kevitt being involved. A young kid with some promise to look at the next lot after a 33 yr old Libba and 31 year old Trelaor and 30 year old Macrae are close to the end.

I agree but then the Cats can’t argue he’s out of contract, never made an All Australian team so his worth isn’t as high etc…
No need to argue, they are the facts as everyone knows. Geelong/Smith have zero need to share any proposed contract with the Dogs.

If he does nominate geelong which I expect him to.

Say geelong make the grandfinal, their first round draft pick this year could 21 at best.

Does 21 and future first get it done? Essentially a future first and early 2nd rounder which I think is his make trade value

I don't think dogs will settle for that, will be interesting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back