Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Think some "neutrals" here are severely misinformed on Geelong's ability to land trades.
Negotiating doesn't mean they "failed" to make a trade....it means they are doing what all 17 other clubs should be doing, working on the framework of a deal that's acceptable for both clubs involved.
Can someone point to a time where Wells/Mackie signified interest in someone and then didn't complete the Trade Deal?

And before someone jumps in with an "aCtUaLlY", guys like Hopper and Deledio backflipping and accepting bigger dollars elsewhere is the players choice to go pick the option that makes them more money and not Geelong's lack of ability to get the trade done (more power to them if someone wants to overpay)

If Geelong says they are going to get someone, they'll go get them (Wells has always been know to get it done, Mackie is 100% in successful trade deals)

I honestly can't remember a time where they've genuinely attempted to go get someone then not gone through with the deal. Someone want to disprove this?

*Bailey Smith holds all the power. Do we honestly see him not ending up where he wants to go?

Cats have been working on this for at least 12 months. They would know what he’s going to cost. Colin Young, Baz’s manager would know that Cat’s first and second isn’t going to cut it. The ball is in their court if he’s going to play in the hoops next year.

To answer your question, no, I don’t think Baz will go to the PSD next year. Cats will pay up. Might go down to the wire though.

RE my last post. Baz is an incredibly disciplined athlete and his work ethic is off the scale. He didn’t drink at all during year 11 or 12, I know that for a fact when we’d be at all the Friday-sat night parties he was the only one not drinking, Will Ashcroft would have maybe one every now and then. That’s why they are high performance athletes and I didn’t get as far, I didn’t want it as much as they did, truth be told. I’m happy at least, I holiday 4 times a year and go out 2x a week. Life is good.

Geelong fans went and lauded him as part of their gen next with Holmes, Lawson, Dempsey, De Koning and Miers. Now it’s the whole his not very good. We’re not missing out on much. Way to switch up your tune on someone you lauded and praised highly - don’t change your tune.

Baz is a supreme talent. Whichever team gets him will be blessed to have an amazing player, you only need to see that finals series where he kicked a bag and dominated. Ice cold. At that age too. The boys all reckon his best at Geelong, we’ve even told him that but we know Baz, his hearts not in Geelong. It’s in Melbourne that’s not what he wants deep down. I get goosebumps thinking how he would thrive with Ginnivan, Watson and the young Hawks boys. Esp being a hawks fan like them and how those boys get the best out of each other. He compliments them perfectly, it will either pay off shrewdly or he’d lose the plot - but Baz is incredibly dedicated to footy and wont throw it away. His obsessed about his footy.

Especially if he gets some on ball time, which is where he plays his best footy, split inside and out. You have yourself a top player.
You still here Celebrity 101 ... im waiting for your next post regarding Smith 😆 🤣

Cats have been working on this for at least 12 months. They would know what he’s going to cost. Colin Young, Baz’s manager would know that Cat’s first and second isn’t going to cut it. The ball is in their court if he’s going to play in the hoops next year.

To answer your question, no, I don’t think Baz will go to the PSD next year. Cats will pay up. Might go down to the wire though.
His with Connors Sports Management

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon the PSD threat will be at play. Actually wouldn't mind that option at all. I don't particuarly like Smith and the club has got to stop letting itself get ****ed over in these trades
So just to be clear on this. Your proposing to lose smith for nothing instead of accepting a first round pick this year?

Must be nice to afford not getting a first rounder.

the PSD is the only pressure clubs can use to pull back any power with out of contract players now. OOC is the new free agency it seems. I have no issue with pulling that lever if it's a lowball offer to force a better deal. but to have that power you have to be prepared to use it. All idications from the Dunkley trade were that we were prepared to do it and Brisbane had to come to the table and stop playing silly buggers.

A deal will get done and it wont be as one-sided as either cats or dogs fans think it should be, but clubs have to be prepared to be a pain in the ass or there is no power whatsoever with out of contract players.

Need to keep some of our powder dry for the eventual Cadman and obviously Reid pickups. Enter the MackAttack.
Careful. This line of posting triggers Giant Pete and rye
On 2nd thoughts... Who gives a ****. We'll target whoever we want and the masses can suck it up.

the PSD is the only pressure clubs can use to pull back any power with out of contract players now. OOC is the new free agency it seems. I have no issue with pulling that lever if it's a lowball offer to force a better deal. but to have that power you have to be prepared to use it. All idications from the Dunkley trade were that we were prepared to do it and Brisbane had to come to the table and stop playing silly buggers.

A deal will get done and it wont be as one-sided as either cats or dogs fans think it should be, but clubs have to be prepared to be a pain in the ass or there is no power whatsoever with out of contract players.

I would rather Smith go to the PSD than hand over two firsts.. He isn't worth that in 2024..I seriously doubt the cats will do it...

No malice at all but Has Bailey Smith even nominated Geelong? Lots of cats fans talking like it’s a foregone conclusion and it’s a take it or leave it situation for the dogs but last official reports were multiple clubs interested?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back