Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Multiple firsts is way too broad when speaking out a player's value, I don't know why AFL media always do this, it's such a massive range of value.

Multiple firsts being picks 7 and 10 - Yep too much to trade

Multiple firsts being picks 20 and 18 - not an amazing haul for a guy of the calibre of Bailey Smith, but is probably pretty fair value in an out of contract player trade. Especially if it ended up with the dogs giving later picks back also...

And that's the thing, i think most Cats fans are assuming a big drop off in 2025 with retirements/a much harder schedule.
I think that's the hesitation, that the 2025 First won't be a pick 16 or 20 or whatever it pushes out to like this year's and now Dogs want both.

Surely there's middle ground here?

I can guarantee you the board would rather sign off in sending him to the PSD than accept that crap
Why do people think, player A if a deal don't get done, they will send them in the draft

99% of players and clubs will work out and a deal will get done.. people need to stress less. And I'll repeat a deal between a 2 clubs will get done

And that's the thing, i think most Cats fans are assuming a big drop off in 2025 with retirements/a much harder schedule.
I think that's the hesitation, that the 2025 First won't be a pick 16 or 20 or whatever it pushes out to like this year's and now Dogs want both.

Surely there's middle ground here?
When have Geelong had a significantly hard fixture?

Geelong plays their last game every year at alphabet Park 🤪

Geelong will be top 4 again with a mid table fixture.... again

I agree with you. If Geelong can get that first somehow, it’ll be done on the first day.

I said the same thing above, we should look to get Gold Coast's pick as they won't want that sucked up by Academy Bid.

Also, i've been saying we should pay 2024 First and multiple seconds so i don't think your gripe is with me.
I've been offering suggestions of a lot more than what other Cats fans reckon.

I even entertained the idea of trading for a better first this year. You know, trying to be reasonable and all that?

So basically you've had one decent fixture and struggled. Noted.

I'm not gonna go back through every single year but i'd assume that if they finished top 4 every year then they'd notably have a hard strength of schedule?
That's how the formula works?

Don't tell me you believe teams are getting compromised fixtures based on who they are and not due to the fact it's calculated and generated through technical programs?

You're sounding like the Tiggies cookers talking about the "CFL" and "rigged fixtures"
The League isn't conspiring against you dude :tearsofjoy:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth

I'm not gonna go back through every single year but i'd assume that if they finished top 4 every year then they'd notably have a hard strength of schedule?
That's how the formula works?

Don't tell me you believe teams are getting compromised fixtures based on who they are and not due to the fact it's calculated and generated through technical programs?

You're sounding like the Tiggies cookers talking about the "CFL" and "rigged fixtures"
The League isn't conspiring against you dude :tearsofjoy:

Burnie Burns Conspiracy GIF by Rooster Teeth
What?

Your double ups have been easier than teams like the Saints who miss finals.

If you don't think teams like Collingwood, Essendon etc get better fixtures because of who they are that hat belongs to you

Our double ups were most of the top 4 this year. And yours were? Significantly easier of course.

A day pass to adventure park.
Sounds like a good deal.

As for this thread, and every other trade thread.
No one knows WTF is going on with trades so all this angst is hilarious gibberish.

Dogs fans - You don't know what will be offered or what you'll accept. Stop acting like you do.

Sounds like a good deal.

As for this thread, and every other trade thread.
No one knows WTF is going on with trades so all this angst is hilarious gibberish.

Dogs fans - You don't know what will be offered or what you'll accept. Stop acting like you do.
All we can go off is the media who is saying Geelong have offered their first this year and that is it.

And the dogs want 2 x first rounders.

Choose to believe what you want.

So effectively a second rounder in the 20s for a pick 7 entering his prime who will instantly be your best midfielder.

A second rounder like you got for the likes of Ratagolea

It would be very different if the ACL had happened in the last six weeks. Clubs will get to scan him, test him, poke prod and challenge his knee before committing to anything.

They'll know the player they are buying, it's not going to be an issue.

Weird take.

If you think they can predict an ACL from a medical, then you would have to say Geelong playing Menzel, Freo playing Morabito and Sydney playing Johnson after they did their first knee was negligent as they should have known it was going to happen again. Nonsense.

Until he is out there playing AFL over a sustained period it is an unknown. If he had done the knee the previous year and played out the season fine with the Dogs this year, it would be less of an issue, but he is being traded off the back of no footy and no amount of poking or prodding will confirm whether his knee will hold up long term. It has to be factored in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This dude is going to be costing 2FR plus Dempsey plus Holmes by the time trade period starts.

Started at a first back in the early pages, hasn't played since but the price of the brick has gone up ha.....
Probably because you’ve gone deeper into the finals now. your first round pick being pushed further back which is why the price has gone up from earlier in the thread

All we can go off is the media who is saying Geelong have offered their first this year and that is it.

So effectively a second rounder in the 20s for a pick 7 entering his prime who will instantly be your best midfielder.

Geelong will be focused on what the month of September is doing and trying to win 2 more finals.
They'll offer something 1. After the season ends and BS actually nominates us and 2. Once trade period starts.

The angst and the bravado that trade period brings out is pathetic. You don't know what will happen, or what has already happened. Chill and let things unfold.

Geelong will be focused on what the month of September is doing and trying to win 2 more finals.
They'll offer something 1. After the season ends and BS actually nominates us and 2. Once trade period starts.

The angst and the bravado that trade period brings out is pathetic. You don't know what will happen, or what has already happened. Chill and let things unfold.
You're naive if you think conversations aren't happening now.

The clubs will know who he has nominated. It's just not officially out in the public.

And given past perfance of your recruiting team pick 20 odd seems where you are starting. It's miles off.

Multiple firsts is way too broad when speaking out a player's value, I don't know why AFL media always do this, it's such a massive range of value.

Multiple firsts being picks 7 and 10 - Yep too much to trade

Multiple firsts being picks 20 and 18 - not an amazing haul for a guy of the calibre of Bailey Smith, but is probably pretty fair value in an out of contract player trade. Especially if it ended up with the dogs giving later picks back also...
A first and parfitt get it done. Smith hasn't played for a year and he's 2023 wasn't great

You're naive if you think conversations aren't happening now.

The clubs will know who he has nominated. It's just not officially out in the public.

And given past perfance of your recruiting team pick 20 odd seems where you are starting. It's miles off.
You're being a bit silly.

The point I am making is that you're all getting worked up over nothing.
You don't know what's going on, you don't know what will be offered, you don't know what will be accepted.

Moreover we haven't even reached trade period yet. Gnashing teeth over scuttlebutt about a pick in the 20s or jumping up and down about that being shit (plenty of good players have come in the 20s btw) and threats of PSD is something I find hilarious.

Chill. Give it time.
Things will unfold in time. List management teams in the AFL are mature and often arrive amicably at trade agreements.

You're being a bit silly.

The point I am making is that you're all getting worked up over nothing.
You don't know what's going on, you don't know what will be offered, you don't know what will be accepted.

Moreover we haven't even reached trade period yet. Gnashing teeth over scuttlebutt about a pick in the 20s or jumping up and down about that being shit (plenty of good players have come in the 20s btw) and threats of PSD is something I find hilarious.

Chill. Give it time.
Things will unfold in time. List management teams in the AFL are mature and often arrive amicably at trade agreements.
Yeah, who'd hav thought you'd talk about the trade on a trade board.

Let's just sit quietly

A first and parfitt get it done. Smith hasn't played for a year and he's 2023 wasn't great
Parfitt doesn't have any value, isn't he an unrestricted free agent? Regardless, he just wouldn't play in our midfield if we already don't have a spot for Macrae, Sanders etc so can't imagine we have any interest in him as steak knives.

Dogs haven’t even said they want two firsts. They’ve said they want a low first round pick. Who knows if Geelong’s first + f1 even satisfies them. We might ask Geelong to trade up for us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back