Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Parfitt doesn't have any value, isn't he an unrestricted free agent? Regardless, he just wouldn't play in our midfield if we already don't have a spot for Macrae, Sanders etc so can't imagine we have any interest in him as steak knives.
You could rest libba if you had parfitt. Not sure if he's ufa, if he is obviously no, maybe hardie. He'll win the liston

That evil bastard keeps ruining Trade Period with his ability to nab pick 94.
The King of the Trade :crown:
The great man is gonna get BAZooka ticked off for a 2nd rounder but drag it until closing day for pick 150 coming back our way.

Careful. This line of posting triggers Giant Pete and rye
On 2nd thoughts... Who gives a ****. We'll target whoever we want and the masses can suck it up.
you would expect someone who posts 10,000 times a year on an internet forum to be a manchild but this is just sad.

the PSD is the only pressure clubs can use to pull back any power with out of contract players now. OOC is the new free agency it seems. I have no issue with pulling that lever if it's a lowball offer to force a better deal. but to have that power you have to be prepared to use it. All idications from the Dunkley trade were that we were prepared to do it and Brisbane had to come to the table and stop playing silly buggers.

A deal will get done and it wont be as one-sided as either cats or dogs fans think it should be, but clubs have to be prepared to be a pain in the ass or there is no power whatsoever with out of contract players.

Brisbane didnt 'come to the table'. They offered you 2 picks in the 20s.

Yeah nah 🤣🤣🤣

We can afford Macraes contract.
Can they? What happens when Darcy wants more cash? Ugle-Hagan? Sanders? It's a big chunk of cap space that could be used for frees agents, trade targets, or securing the talent they already have.

Seems like a pretty narrow minded approach to list management, but I'm sure the Dogs know what they're doing 😏

Calling it a first rounder is incredibly disingenuous. All first rounders aren't equal and you know that.
Take it up with the AFL. Geelong's first pick is always pushed back by academy picks, priority picks, father-son picks and bids and other forms of draft tampering.

If other clubs weren't absolute train wrecks it'd be 15-18.

I think some Geelong fans on here are seriously undervaluing Smith, and expect to screw another club over with dodgy trading.

Geelongs first this year and next should be a minimum for a player of Smiths quality. You’re just deluding yourself to think otherwise.

2021 Smith yes, but 2024 Smith not really. Geelong will do what Geelong does and offer our first and s sweetener. If dogs don't want that, then I'm sure Geelong will move on.. We aren't super desperate for him..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2021 Smith yes, but 2024 Smith not really. Geelong will do what Geelong does and offer our first and s sweetener. If dogs don't want that, then I'm sure Geelong will move on.. We aren't super desperate for him..
How exactly do you know Geelong aren’t super desperate for him? Assuming you must be part of Geelong’s list management team.

I think some Geelong fans on here are seriously undervaluing Smith, and expect to screw another club over with dodgy trading.

Geelongs first this year and next should be a minimum for a player of Smiths quality. You’re just deluding yourself to think otherwise.

He will cost our current 1st and our future 2nd.

Magically the only ones who disagree with that are the cats fans

Everyone needs to chill the f*ck out. The deal will get done.

It will be something like.

Geelong 2024 1st + 2025 2nd for Bazlenka + Doggies 2024 1st
Lol, you won't land him for effectively a future 2nd rounder.

More likely your next 2x 1st rounders, with Doggies 2nd rounder coming back

What was the deal for Kelly?

Last edited:
Obi Wan Mind GIF by Star Wars

"You will accept our 2nd rounder."

Lol, you won't land him for effectively a future 2nd rounder.

More likely your next 2x 1st rounders, with Doggies 2nd rounder coming back

What was the deal for Kelly?
Kelly just won the club best and fairest, Smith didn't finish top 10 in the dogs in 2023 and didn't play this year
Compare the pair

Dogs complaining about our easy draw now.
Is the Cats position on Esava was a first rounder, they should be expecting to cough up about 6 first rounders here.
I dunno, they had a similar output in ‘24 that’s all we can go on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back