Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

That's not the problem. The problem is a "first rounder" in the 20s.

That's not the same as a first rounder around 10 - 12 which is likely what would get it done.

Geelong Chased him for 18 months so it's on them to trade up, it isn't on the dogs.

Not all first rounders are equal, especially when this one in most years is a second rounder.
This is a misnomer.

You accepted r1s in the 20s for dunkley and he wasnt coming off an acl.

Yes it is a big advantage for us now - it used to be a big disadvantage when nobody wanted to live in the area.

Its an advantage in some cases but not all
Those that like inner city yuppie stuff (grundy) wont move to geelong they will pick melb clubs and sometimes people with kids cant (especially if they are divorced like goldstein) but for the single young guys that love surfing and fishing or the older ones married with kids who like the beach and farms its a big drawcard.
Geelong is realistically the only club location wise where you can live on a farm and still drive to training every day.

Those that like inner city yuppie stuff (grundy) wont move to geelong they will pick melb clubs and sometimes people with kids cant (especially if they are divorced like goldstein) but for the single young guys that love surfing and fishing or the older ones married with kids who like the beach and farms its a big drawcard.
Geelong is realistically the only club location wise where you can live on a farm and still drive to training every day.
Come on now
Melb train out of Casey thats not true

Come on now
Melb train out of Casey thats not true

I should have phrased differently.
I mean a farm where you can have peace and quiet out of town and drive to training (this is what hawkins stanley cameron have). Half the farms in the casey area (i know i live in gippsland) are bordered by freeways and will have massive housing estates around them (like the expansion we are seeing at pakenham/cranbourne etc) in the next 20 years so its not really farm country lifestyle. Parts of geelong and further towards the surf coast and warrnambool still offer that.

I should have phrased differently.
I mean a farm where you can have peace and quiet out of town and drive to training (this is what hawkins stanley cameron have). Half the farms in the casey area (i know i live in gippsland) are bordered by freeways and will have massive housing estates around them (like the expansion we are seeing at pakenham/cranbourne etc) in the next 20 years so its not really farm country lifestyle. Parts of geelong and further towards the surf coast and warrnambool still offer that.
It was tongue in cheek mate :p

Better trade idea
Dogs out Smith & F3 in 10 & Odriscoll
Freo out Odriscoll & 10 & F3 in 16 + F1
Cats out 16 & F1 in Smith F3 & F3
I think the premise is fine but Freo won't be trading down and won't be taking an extra first for next year. As is shown in this thread, if Warner is a thing, what we have is what Sydney would get.

If the first is around 10 you aren't getting anything added on.
That would be way overs. 10 itself in this draft is very good.
10 is in no way overs. ACLs aren't the doom and gloom they used to be. I'd think 10 and something small is about right IMO

I’d keep an eye on live trading.
Very likely Cats will go after Lions or Suns first to help them with points for father/son and/or academy picks

I have a feeling that pick 12 from Gold Coast that was originally Doggies first would be a good target.

I think Dogs will be after Joe Berry who is around that range. We’d be stoked to swap Bailey Smith with a quality small forward.

They're not career ending, but to imply they don't impact trade value (through increased risk to the destination party) is an interesting view.
Maybe a little bit but I'd still say pick 10 and a sweetener is on the money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Isn't there a rule that clubs can't get their picks back after trading them? If so, we wouldn't be able to trade that pick back to the Dogs for Smith.

You can’t trade back for it directly in the same offseason.

So Bulldogs trade it to Gold Coast in 2023 then get it straight back in trade 2023 would be illegal. But Dogs trading it in 2023 and then Gold Coast giving it to Geelong then back to Bulldogs in 2024 has no restrictions.

This would be changing hands And outside 1 year restriction of the pick trade between Suns and Dogs so no issues there.

Shane McAdam and Alex Neal-Bullen is a good current example. Last offseason (2023) Dees gave Crows their future 2nd Round Pick in 2024 for Shane McAdam. Crows now are getting ANB and the reported offer is Crows giving Dees BACK their 2024 Second Rounder for him as reported by Cal Twomey. Its not illegal as even though it’s between the same two teams, the trade will be outside the 1 year trade restriction of the pick between the two sides.

you could have this at either of the south australian or queensland clubs

you could have this at either of the south australian or queensland clubs
Adelaide you couldn't really live on a farm and go to training at West Lakes or Alberton. Adelaide has low population density and takes up a lot of space. The farmland is all either way north, way south, or on the otherside of the hills where you'd have to cross the city in traffic. Relating my experience of driving in Adelaide I do not recommend this.

Dunno about Brissy though

Adelaide you couldn't really live on a farm and go to training at West Lakes or Alberton. Adelaide has low population density and takes up a lot of space. The farmland is all either way north, way south, or on the otherside of the hills where you'd have to cross the city in traffic. Relating my experience of driving in Adelaide I do not recommend this.

Dunno about Brissy though
drive from the hobby farms around lobethal to either of those should be pretty reasonable i would imagine?

Remove this Banner Ad

Trade Requested Bailey Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Back