Rumour Bailey Smith's rumoured new club...

Remove this Banner Ad

But can't you love down the coast and play in Melbourne?

It's only like an hour away.

mate these footy players are cooked. ollie henry had 'homesick' from Geelong and was 1 hour away. legit you can get from olympic park to geelong in 50 minutes if traffic is kind.

i grew up there, and like any small/medium town - most people who grow up there either never leave, or leave and never come back (i'm the latter). so the younger guys that are there generally have roots in geelong, and its appealing for older guys as they get away from the city life but remain arms length with it.

the whole town is just footy obsessed. entire social rankings, personal reputations & networks is based on how good you were at footy, or how well connected you are in the local and VFL/AFL leagues.

its just an odd place. the coast is nice though.

mate these footy players are cooked. ollie henry had 'homesick' from Geelong and was 1 hour away. legit you can get from olympic park to geelong in 50 minutes if traffic is kind.

i grew up there, and like any small/medium town - most people who grow up there either never leave, or leave and never come back (i'm the latter). so the younger guys that are there generally have roots in geelong, and its appealing for older guys as they get away from the city life but remain arms length with it.

the whole town is just footy obsessed. entire social rankings, personal reputations & networks is based on how good you were at footy, or how well connected you are in the local and VFL/AFL leagues.

its just an odd place. the coast is nice though.
The Hot Chicken project is a good enough reason to move to Geelong for mine

Remove this Banner Ad

Rumour Bailey Smith's rumoured new club...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back