Bali bomb

Remove this Banner Ad

8 people from a WA football team apparentely were killed they said on the news.

They didn't say if it what type of footy team or what standard footy team - does anyone have any more information on that part of it?

According to current reports, 19 members of the Kingsley footy team were at the nightclub. Geelong and Melbourne AFL players were nearby, heard Ben Graham on the radio saying that all of the Geelong players are accounted for.

Haven't heard anything about Eagles or Freo players as yet.

Two of our players are definitely missing, some only have scratches but some are badly burned. No names yet.

This is ****ed up. I had tears in my eyes a week ago for different reasons. :(

Originally posted by Blues_Brat
Two of our players are definitely missing, some only have scratches but some are badly burned. No names yet.

This is ****ed up. I had tears in my eyes a week ago for different reasons. :(

You might have already seen this, but anway:

"As announced on News bulletins some of our players have been involved in a bomb blast in Bali last night. At this stage two of the party are unaccounted for but the rest of the group have not suffered any serious injuries. One player is still in hospital..
Please do not ring the Club, we will update information as it comes to hand through the regular news sources and through this site.. "

from sturtfc.com.au

The ABC site has just been updated. It is now reported that 58 people are dead.
QANTAS has put on extra flights to get Australians home as soon as possible.

Originally posted by bluecrow

You might have already seen this, but anway:

"As announced on News bulletins some of our players have been involved in a bomb blast in Bali last night. At this stage two of the party are unaccounted for but the rest of the group have not suffered any serious injuries. One player is still in hospital..
Please do not ring the Club, we will update information as it comes to hand through the regular news sources and through this site.. "

from sturtfc.com.au
Got a message second hand that SFC president Steve Chapman was on 5AA a few min ago saying that players have been burnt, didn't name anyone or give numbers. I'm hoping the reports are incorrect.

Very worried about the missing blokes, I tend to think the worst in these situations.

I've got some sickening news.

My Girlfriend's brother got back from Bali yesterday, he and his mates spent every night partying at the place that was attacked. They were last at the place that was attacked about three days ago.

How scarey is that?

On top of that my GFs twin sister had planned to go to Balie in two weeks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The ABC at noon showed the melbourne team returning from an end of season trip... and interestingly enough Davis Schwartz and Dermott Brereton among them !

But what a tragedy. I hope cool heads prevail in the coming weeks.

From Footygoss.com

"Melbourne pair Steven Armstrong and David Robbins were about to enter the nightspot in Indonesia when the impact of a car bomb lifted them over the road as they the hugged each other behind a wall for protection as chaos erupted around them.

Gary Armsrtong, father of Steven has just spoken to Footygoss.com about the incident and the trauma his son has endured.

Armstrong recounted the turn of events as explained to him.

Armstrong said another Melbourne player,Steven Febey, was behind the pair heading towards the impact and immediately alerted retired Melbourne player David Schwartz of the news of the blast who was at the airport and allayed fears for the safety of the pair.

Armstrong was not aware of the incident until he received a phone call in the early hours of the morning from his son Steven who was shattered and distraught after the incident.

" I have spoken to the Director of Melbourne Peter Doorman who is in Bali and who Steven lives with in Melbourne and they did not know for 4 hours if Steven was dead or alive" Armstrong said.

"Steven is in shock and crying his eyes out in the hotel room, and its hard to even just talk to him as he that shocked".

Armstrong said his son is a tough character but incidents like these are just not expected.

"You never expect anything like this and it just makes you think when things like this happen".

Steven Armstrong has been released from hospital after suffering cuts and abrasions to his leg. "

Very Lucky Boys :(

its just not something you expect. its awful
my thoughts go out to everyone involved and expecially those who might have lost somebody.
personally, i still have a friend who is holidaying in bali, with no news.
it is another awful tragedy.

This is seriously screwed up. My brother teaches in indonesia, and i know he was planning to visit bali this weekend. We haven't been able to contact him yet, and I, for one, am crapping myself.

Originally posted by Mead
This is seriously screwed up. My brother teaches in indonesia, and i know he was planning to visit bali this weekend. We haven't been able to contact him yet, and I, for one, am crapping myself.

Good luck with that Mead.

This is incredible news and I can't believe how many footy players were over there. If one of them got killed, it would be huge. It's shocking enough that 40 Aussies are dead. And the Kingsley football team? Man, I've seen them play before. Scary stuff.

shocking news..absolutely horrible.
over 100 people possibly dead. hope to god that this won't get any worse.

:( :(

Put on SBS, Mead.

They've been running a crawl, periodically, across the top of the screen with the emergency numbers during their Sunday soccer block. There's a 1800 number and a 1300 number they've been running...

That should help you-- and good luck with finding your brother. I sincerely mean that.

Cheers,
William

Remove this Banner Ad

Bali bomb

Remove this Banner Ad

Back