Ballarat F.L

Remove this Banner Ad

colbys_kid

Debutant
Jan 14, 2005
Other Teams
Kangaroos
Would like to know if anyone has any news on the Ballarat FL comings and goings. i know that Aaron Freeland is off coaching Altona, Leigh Fishendon is going to Aberfeldie in the EDFL. Any other players would be handy.
cheers

Robbie Lee has left Sunbury to coach Birchip in the north central league. Will be a big loss but with some of the youth coming through we should be able to cover him.

heath wadden of riddell has signed on at sunbury. will be a more than handy pick up for the lions running down the wing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Does this mean Chris Lewis rejected the Braybrook offer or did Braybrook stitch up Chris Lewis by promising something that they couldn't possibly deliver ? :confused: Or something else happened for this change of heart ?

rightfoot_sloth said:
Does this mean Chris Lewis rejected the Braybrook offer or did Braybrook stitch up Chris Lewis by promising something that they couldn't possibly deliver ? :confused: Or something else happened for this change of heart ?

i would say that it was something that they couldnt possibly deliver probably in the way of money!!!

In this statement from rod ward it has been confirmed that chris lewis will coach sebas. Also gisborne will meet old foes sunbury in the lightning premiership.

Gisborne confirmed for BFL Eclipse Ford Lightning Premiership

The RegionalOne Ballarat FL is thrilled to announce that the Gisborne FC has agreed to be the 12th Team in the Eclipse Ford Ballarat FL Lightning Premiership which will take place at the Eastern Oval on Saturday 2nd April 2005.
Ballarat FL CEO Rod Ward announced that ?I am pleased to advise that the Gisborne FC, who is recognised as one of the powerhouses of the VCFL with Premierships in the Bendigo FL in 2002 & 2003, and who were Runners Up in 2004, has committed to being the 12th & invitational side in the Eclipse Ford Lightning Premiership.?.

The Gisborne FC who are Coached by club hero Marcus Barham, after being led by Mick McGuane for the past 3 years, will be competing as the 12th side in both the football & netball Lightning Premierships.

Ward said ?We believe this is a big endorsement for the Lightning Premiership concept in attracting the interest of one of the top sides in the VCFL, and their inclusion is sure to add interest to the event, particularly given the traditional strong rivalries between Gisborne and the Sunbury FC?s. This is a promoter?s dream - the best side of the Bendigo FL meeting the best sides in the Ballarat FL?.

The groups have again been built around ?rivalries? to ensure maximum interest, and the Gisborne FC will be grouped in Group C with the Sunbury FC & Redan FC?s. Melton & Melton South will clash in Group A along with Ballarat, Darley & Bacchus Marsh will meet in Group B and will be up against the Chris Lewis led Sebastopol, whilst Group D will contain Daylesford, East Point and Lake Wendouree.

Pool A
Melton
Melton South
Ballarat
Pool B
Darley
Bacchus Marsh
Sebastopol
Pool C
Sunbury
Redan
Gisborne
Pool D
Lake Wendouree
Daylesford
East Point

purple hills said:
Does anybody know of Michael Smith who used to play somewhere in ballarat or of his current whereabouts??

I think you will find he has returned to the Hoppers Crossing Warriors, as he played at Werribee Reserves (did his knee) and Hoppers before he went to Ballarat. Hope this is the same Michael Smith you are talking about.

bac said:
I think you will find he has returned to the Hoppers Crossing Warriors, as he played at Werribee Reserves (did his knee) and Hoppers before he went to Ballarat. Hope this is the same Michael Smith you are talking about.

I know a completely different Maichael Smith who played for both Redan and Bacchus Marsh in The Ballarat Football league in the 1990'S. He won back to back Henderson Medals at Redan which is the leagues B&F. He went and played up Wondonga way I think.

Kooley said:
I know a completely different Maichael Smith who played for both Redan and Bacchus Marsh in The Ballarat Football league in the 1990'S. He won back to back Henderson Medals at Redan which is the leagues B&F. He went and played up Wondonga way I think.

That's the fella i was talking about Kooley. I played with him in northern vic for a bit.

Remove this Banner Ad

Ballarat F.L

Remove this Banner Ad

Back