Ballarat FL 2010 - Part 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
so are they still entitled to another home final even thow they lost last weekend ?
will they win this week ?

Yes they will play Redan at Sunbury. Like in the AFL - if Swans or Freo win this week they will travel to Melb to play the loser's out of Pies V Dogs and Cats V Saints. It is a reward for finishing high on the ladder.

Sunba will need to lift to beat Redan but have the side to do so.

reaking news from the produce shed
Melton Sth have moved to sack all current coaches for 2011
cleaning out all high paid players to save coin and survive in the bfl
playes can expect big paycuts and a long season ahead if they stick around

bloods are laughing again hahaha

Your mail is false - the job is Scoble's if he wants it. He has been offered the position. Now weather he takes it is another thing. You are correct that the budget to be competitive is not there and that is the query on the role.

Melton will need more than a couple of South players to be a force again.

you are way off the mark mate,scoble WILL be coaching again if he wants the job

you are way off the mark mate,scoble WILL be coaching again if he wants the job
Has the South job been advertised? Or have they only offered the job to Scoble? He has been there a while now and the results haven't really been to flash, personally i think it's time for South to give someone else a go. Any thoughts

Has the South job been advertised? Or have they only offered the job to Scoble? He has been there a while now and the results haven't really been to flash, personally i think it's time for South to give someone else a go. Any thoughts

If Scoble walks so will a lot of the playing list. End of the day when the budget is 100k less than some teams then it is hard to be competitive let alone win a BalFL flag. It is Scoble's job if he wants it.

If Scoble walks so will a lot of the playing list. End of the day when the budget is 100k less than some teams then it is hard to be competitive let alone win a BalFL flag. It is Scoble's job if he wants it.
Probably not a bad thing if some of the players leave they need a clean out and try to rebuild there's no use paying the sort of money they pay to recruits from lower grade leagues who can't cut in the BFL. They should play kids for the next couple of years bank some money and then have a real crack at recruiting some high end talent. South have never really had any money even in the early 00's when they were quite successful making a GF and finals so i think it is possible to be competitive without spending the big bucks, by recruiting the right people. And they would be mad not to advertise the coaching position you never know who might apply, plenty of people who would love to coach in high level league like the BFL.

Probably not a bad thing if some of the players leave they need a clean out and try to rebuild there's no use paying the sort of money they pay to recruits from lower grade leagues who can't cut in the BFL. They should play kids for the next couple of years bank some money and then have a real crack at recruiting some high end talent. South have never really had any money even in the early 00's when they were quite successful making a GF and finals so i think it is possible to be competitive without spending the big bucks, by recruiting the right people. And they would be mad not to advertise the coaching position you never know who might apply, plenty of people who would love to coach in high level league like the BFL.

wont matter who coaches them the list is week and the money they spend on coaches and players cant compete with the top sides to improve it ? good club drowning in its own politics

No kids coming through - under 16's did not win a game and under 18's won 4. They are not alligned with there juniors which makes it hard.

When they made that Grand Final the gap between player payments was not 100k like it is now. Unless you have the funds it is nearly impossible to be competitive.

If you were a player looking for a game and Sunba offered you $600 a game and Melton South offered you $600 where would you play? One will stuggle to win games and the other a chance of a flag. The option is easy - so South then have to over pay a player to get them to the club - and they don't have the money to do that.

They need to go to the RDFL where 70k on player payments will give you a shot at the flag.

Watched sunb v redan today.Good game of footy with both teams very hard at the ball.Redan home by 8 pts with edwardes bog (champion) for sunba j lobb n barham kept em in it all day and the umpires simply pathetic bordering on cheating in favour of redan .Sunbury sure got a rough deal.And no I aint a supporter of Sunba just a neutral spectator still a good game anyhow regardless of the the weather and putrid umpiring.

Watched sunb v redan today.Good game of footy with both teams very hard at the ball.Redan home by 8 pts with edwardes bog (champion) for sunba j lobb n barham kept em in it all day and the umpires simply pathetic bordering on cheating in favour of redan .Sunbury sure got a rough deal.And no I aint a supporter of Sunba just a neutral spectator still a good game anyhow regardless of the the weather and putrid umpiring.

i watched too expecting at some stage the umpiring might even up in some way.That never happened. I too am not a supporter of the SFC i had heard that they at times have had a raw deal in the BFL from umpires, today i witnessed it first hand. Unbelievable! I agree with everything Barfly said, 17 for Redan was unbelievable and the game was great to watch in atrocious conditions, but i walked away today astonished at the bias delivered by the 3 umpires all day. Both sides were magnificent in the conditions, it was a shame someone bowed out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i watched too expecting at some stage the umpiring might even up in some way.That never happened. I too am not a supporter of the SFC i had heard that they at times have had a raw deal in the BFL from umpires, today i witnessed it first hand. Unbelievable! I agree with everything Barfly said, 17 for Redan was unbelievable and the game was great to watch in atrocious conditions, but i walked away today astonished at the bias delivered by the 3 umpires all day. Both sides were magnificent in the conditions, it was a shame someone bowed out.

Agreed, Edwards dominated.. but i spose not as much as we think seems Sharp the man with the job on him for the day was named second best for Sunbury?.. I kept wondering the whole game when he was going to go and pressure Edwards but it never happened.

Some of the 50/50 umpiring decisions you can put up with, but in such crap conditions for 4 or 5 Redan goals coming from free kicks and a few were completely wrong, those are the decisions that ruined a great game. Wouldve been sad to see Redan go out, but wouldve loved to see Sunbury overcome a good side and cheating umpires... the league should do something about it or they'll soon end up with a 6 team competition and the Eastern sides all leaving to play fair football. Great contest by the 44 players.

I agree about sharp, but, it was probably the best wet weather football I have witnessed in years. Both teams put in 110% and it was a shame one had to lose. The umpiring was the worst I have ever witnessed in my life, and that's putting it politely. The umpires didn't cause Sunbury to lose, they just never, ever were going to let them win. It's about time the BFL did something about it, and it was overheard by many the comments of the BFL people there, that Sunbury were certainly getting a raw deal. Well if even you guys saw it, do something about it for once. And seing as it was filmed like every other match, perhaps the umpiring brigade should have a good look at the footage and use it as an example of what pathetic, one sided, cheating umpiring looks like, so that it never happens again to anyone. The umpires in the BFL are killing their own league. Football needs umpires, as much as we need the players, but, supporters go along to barrack for their teams, not to watch the umpires, and if you ever notice the umpires you know they are bad, and everyone at the game today certainly noticed the umpires, especially #17 - you should be ashamed! You are either stupid, blind, pathetic, or just a plane cheat, only you know!

So the umpires cost Sunbury the Game (and flag) ?

Imagine spending $250,000 + and not making the Granny

Thats disapointing !!

So the umpires cost Sunbury the Game (and flag) ?

Imagine spending $250,000 + and not making the Granny

Thats disapointing !!

In your dreams, Sunbury doesn't spend the amount of money everyone thinks, players actually want to play for Sunbury, and the vast majority are home grown Sunbury players! I'm sure you are related to umpire #17!!!!!

In your dreams, Sunbury doesn't spend the amount of money everyone thinks, players actually want to play for Sunbury, and the vast majority are home grown Sunbury players you w***er! I'm sure you are related to umpire #17!!!!!

I'm sure BFL will be disappointed because no one will be there at matches for next 2 weeks, because at least Sunbury support their club, unlike Ballarat teams.

In your dreams, Sunbury doesn't spend the amount of money everyone thinks, players actually want to play for Sunbury, and the vast majority are home grown Sunbury players you w***er! I'm sure you are related to umpire #17!!!!!

Cmon mate we all know that they spend up reasonably big and good luck to them if they can afford to do so , im sure a lot of clubs would love to have access to the ammount of money that sunba have.
Sharp, lobb,barham, millward , anderson, smith and clark alone would probably match the total player payments made by a couple of clubs as none of them would get out of bed for anything under 700 a game.

Good luck with the umpires though , its been an on going loosing battle since sunba entered the league.
22 against 22 is the usual way right ? Not 22 against 25!

Agree with all of the comments above re cheating umpires. Darley along with South and Sunbury are crucified most weeks, and it only gets more obvious come finals time.
Not sure anything will be done this time as their have been numerous complaints in the past with nothing done.

The "FIX" has definitely been going in the BalFL for way too long ! RDFL umpires officiating at last weeks game - Sunba lose, & no excuses mentioned. This week BalFL Umpires in charge.... & as usual their cheating is on display for all to see. Fell very sorry for all those at Sunba that have worked so hard this season. Am glad we left & dont have to play in a Handicapped competition any more !

Agree with all of the comments above re cheating umpires. Darley along with South and Sunbury are crucified most weeks, and it only gets more obvious come finals time.
Not sure anything will be done this time as their have been numerous complaints in the past with nothing done.

Umpires are always to blame when a side loses. Most free kicks are awarded to the player who is in front and playing the ball.
It happened yesterday at the North v Redan under 18 game where Redan got crucified by the umpires _ BECAUSE North was leading them to the ball. Redan lost that game, not because of the free kicks but because they couldn't, or wouldn't, do anything to get in front.
It's hard to get a free kick for in the back when you are two paces behind your opponent.
Yesterday's senior game at Sunbury game was a slog in atrocious conditions by two great teams who have developed a great rivalry over the years and long may that continue.
Footballers make mistakes, you and I make mistakes _ everybody makes mistakes, including umpires and I'm not surprised in those conditions. You may not believe it but they do balance out over time.
I was at the Darley-Redan senior game the week before and Redan got the worst of the decisions. That's football.
Yesterday's result had nothing to do with the umpires.

Umpires are always to blame when a side loses. Most free kicks are awarded to the player who is in front and playing the ball.
It happened yesterday at the North v Redan under 18 game where Redan got crucified by the umpires _ BECAUSE North was leading them to the ball. Redan lost that game, not because of the free kicks but because they couldn't, or wouldn't, do anything to get in front.
It's hard to get a free kick for in the back when you are two paces behind your opponent.
Yesterday's senior game at Sunbury game was a slog in atrocious conditions by two great teams who have developed a great rivalry over the years and long may that continue.
Footballers make mistakes, you and I make mistakes _ everybody makes mistakes, including umpires and I'm not surprised in those conditions. You may not believe it but they do balance out over time.
I was at the Darley-Redan senior game the week before and Redan got the worst of the decisions. That's football.
Yesterday's result had nothing to do with the umpires.
you are dreaming mate the umpires were dead set cheats yesterday yes redan won and played good footy but take the 5 goals they got for shit free kicks and the result would have been different,if every other person on here could see they were disgraces then you must be blind

you are dreaming mate the umpires were dead set cheats yesterday yes redan won and played good footy but take the 5 goals they got for shit free kicks and the result would have been different,if every other person on here could see they were disgraces then you must be blind

The free kick count in the 2nd Quarter seemed like it was about 20 to 2 in Redans favor, it was very frustrating to watch and the umpires seemed to revel in the crowd getting angry.

RDFL umpires last week were very good, infact they played no part in the result of both games last week.

And or an Umpire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back