Ballarat Football League 2009 (part 2)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Slight stated vomitting after the game and well into the night. 4 stiches and not able to see out of his eye is not a 1 week result. Explain how this is any differnt to the Urch case. Well off the ball and caused a lot of damage. Blackdog is a coward and should not play again this year.

Your starting to sound like those weak , soft boys from Ballarat kings. Get some backbone and remember where your from!!!

Sleight was leaning over Blackford who was on the ground when Blackford hit him, hardly 50mts off the ball? Sleight played out the game, hardly severe concussion? Blackford reported by boundary umpire and was given one week but Sunbury wanted to go to tribunal, that is why it has been deferred, only common sense to have time to prepare defence.

Fantasy !

But a good try though.

If that is his defence, then good luck with it, he is going to need it.

Because there is no way humanly possible that a player lying on the ground could achieve the type of force required to do the damage to poor Ross Sleights face that that coward Blackford did.
And the photos of the shocking injury inflicted on Ross will wait until Blackford has the guts to face the tribunal. And the video evidence also will show exactly what I said happened. Ball 50 meters away Blackford spins around, turns his back on the play and throws a massive haymaker at an unsuspecting Ross Sleight……. Disgusting act !

That disgraceful prick should be ashamed of himself.
Now Ross will have to carry that scar on his face for the rest of his life.

I just hope that kangaroo court of a Tribunal up there doesn’t opt for their usual East v West double standard soft out and gives this Dog what he deserves……….. A bloody long holiday.

We’ll just have to wait and see on that score !

Big game for Redan this week as we are building for finals. They won't want to drop their guard as a drop to fourth is possible if the merging dog chokers can get 4 points. Then again we are near finals series for them!

Big game for Redan this week as we are building for finals. They won't want to drop their guard as a drop to fourth is possible if the merging dog chokers can get 4 points. Then again we are near finals series for them!
Sunbury like comments coming from you Oracle. Are you trying to impress?:thumbsdown:

haha you won't fluke it from 6th this year

Gisborne joining the Ballarat FL and improving the standard of the comp.

It makes me

jizzinmypants.jpg

JIZZ IN MY PANTS*

* must really see a doctor about that problem

how are gisborne going this year? wondering peoples thoughts where they think gisborne would be on the ladder this year in the ballarat league..

how are gisborne going this year? wondering peoples thoughts where they think gisborne would be on the ladder this year in the ballarat league..

They would finish 6th and knock Ballarat out of the finals. Last year they would have been top 2. Lost a lot of very good players plus had a horror run with injuries. But I would think they will load up for next year and be very good.

They would finish 6th and knock Ballarat out of the finals. Last year they would have been top 2. Lost a lot of very good players plus had a horror run with injuries. But I would think they will load up for next year and be very good.
Round 1 Gisborne v Sunbury.

Now for the million dollar question.

Which color jumper will you be wearing ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Will be great to rekindle the old RDFL rivalries from the past with Gisborne coming into the league. Also a strong club which can only enhance the competition and creates another competitive game throughout the year.

Don't start pulling each other off just yet, they still have to overcome the hurdles of the Bendigo League stopping them and the VCFL stopping it.

However if it does happen, will be great for this league.

Just a quick on for the Bacchus Marsh netballers who heckled the Darley ones for the past few years... Suck eggs. When the pressure was applied- you layed down- you had no answers for Darleys recruits and your coaching staff were appaling. Now that my annual netball rave is over- lets talk about how good it will be to have Gisborne back. Another quality team and town with a proud history and a bunch of w*nker supporters, haha. Still streets ahead of Ballarat based nerds though.

Don't start pulling each other off just yet, they still have to overcome the hurdles of the Bendigo League stopping them and the VCFL stopping it.

Didn't wardy spend some time working for the VCFL? I would have my money on him to get the deal over the line. You can see what having a past does for country football - just speak with Nunny when he sends the draw out each year.

And there may be a change to the round 1 game. With Sunba getting 200k for lights the Sunba V Gis game may be underlights at Sunba with the gate proceeds going to Gissy.

Big win also is the 30k in fees to be dropped. That money will most likely go to getting players in and strengthen the comp. Now if we can just get rid of Sebas we will have a great comp. With them in it the bye is still in exsistance even with 12 teams.

While I don't have the inside goss I would assume that Wardy and the league would've discussed this with the VCFL before they made a formal approach to Gisborne. If the VCFL were deadset against it then it would be a futile exercise in trying to poach Gissy from the Bendigo FL

BFL: Bendigo fires up to block Gisborne move

BY MELANIE WHELAN
20/08/2009 11:36:00 PM
BENDIGO Football League will fight all the way to block Gisborne from joining Ballarat ranks.
Bendigo league chairman Damian Drum yesterday said his board was 100 per cent behind retaining Gisborne.
Mr Drum told The Courier the league needed to find out what the Gisborne community as a whole wanted before any action was taken.
He issued a broad caution to Bulldogs' members in the wake of a club committee decision to put the Gisborne Football Club to the vote.
"Gisborne is making a decision for the entire club and community, which is a significant responsibility," Mr Drum said.
"They know exactly what they are getting themselves into with us - the condition of grounds, weather, the length of the season.
"Jumping into the unknown is creating dislocation and upheaval."
The Gisborne committee took the first step to joining the Ballarat league on Tuesday night by agreeing to end 10 years in the Bendigo competition.
The proposal will be taken to club members for endorsement on September 15.
If supported, the Bulldogs' clearance must be supported by the Bendigo league but Gisborne can appeal to the Victorian Country Football League by October 31.
Mr Drum has labelled the Ballarat league's plan to lure Gisborne for its 12th team as "random poaching", enticing the club with two-year inducements including a lop-sided draw, lower affiliation fees and increased gate takings.
He said the honeymoon period would wear off when the league reverted to an even draw and urged the VCFL to tighten its stance on league recruiting.
"The VCFL has a very, very significant role to play here," Mr Drum said.
"We don't want to get into a situation when league's can recuit clubs just because it suits them.
"Ballarat might poach Gisborne then we might poach a Goulburn Valley club and they might go after a couple of Ovens and Murray clubs and in the end someone ends up without a league."
Mr Drum said meetings with Gisborne, even as late as last week, had indicated a strong preference to stay with the Bendigo league, especially from players and the club president.
This is the fourth time Ballarat has tried to lure Gisborne, with its three previous attempts quickly rejected by the Bulldogs.
The club has built a strong legacy since joining the Bendigo league in 2000, including four premierships from six grand final appearances.
It will also sport all three football teams and two netball teams in this season's finals.
Should it join Ballarat, Gisborne will create an equal balance of six Ballarat-based and six eastern bloc teams and join former Riddell District league rivals Sunbury, Melton, Melton South and Darley.
The Bendigo league has 10 teams, with the inception of Strathfieldsaye Storm. North Ballarat City played in the competition in 2006 and 2007 before transferring to Ballarat last year.

Mr Drum has labelled the Ballarat league's plan to lure Gisborne for its 12th team as "random poaching", enticing the club with two-year inducements including a lop-sided draw, lower affiliation fees and increased gate takings.
He said the honeymoon period would wear off when the league reverted to an even draw

What would Damien Drum know about the honeymoon period? He didn't make the most out of it at Fremantle and wasn't even around to see the end of it.

I wonder if he knew about this before the media contacted him about it. Poor old Damo has a history of being the last one to know when the big news is dropping.

they should probably just concentrate on meeting their financial commitments for this season first. that is why they lost all those players -when the money ran out. that is what happens when you buy success. the money has to run out sooner or later.

Heading up the hwy 2moro zoop zoop zoop gona be shaun mesh up there gona see my devils in action under the lights, we do our best work after dark

major sponsor you know shredda

get in the back goon get in the back

they should probably just concentrate on meeting their financial commitments for this season first. that is why they lost all those players -when the money ran out. that is what happens when you buy success. the money has to run out sooner or later.

How do you buy success for 10 years? Tall poppy syndrome at its best - because a club becomes one of the best in country football they brought it. Majority of premiership players lived in the Gis area or went to school there. But if it makes you sleep better at night by dragging a great club down then you really are a small little man/women.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back