Not open for further replies.

Lil Boy Blue

Senior List
Jun 25, 2008
Ballan
AFL Club
North Melbourne
{ Continued from Ballarat Football League 2006-2008 }

Really? This bloke told me that the other team, the Southerners or something had a few top players. Sutts and the Swine?? I might've got the names wrong though and that they've got a pretty switched on coach with heaps of experience. Maybe he was having a lend of me. Which team would you suggest then Creeker35??
Go to Melton Centrals man

Re: Ballarat Football League

Do they play locally? Are they any good? I need to follow a side with good looking netballers who drink alot.

Do they play locally? Are they any good? I need to follow a side with good looking netballers who drink alot.

It all depends what sort of club you want to follow. do you like to follow a team that has always been close to or had success or are you the bloke that likes to support a club that battle away.
Centrals play in the RDFL so if you like to follow a side to away games travel could be from 15 min to 60.
I cant comment on Bloods or South but the boys at centrals seem to be a good bunch of blokes to have a drink with. The past few years they have been improving on and off the field and should be close to finals contenders again this year.

just wondering how nick becker played when at the marsh 2 years ago, anyone......:)

Happy New Year to all Darley FC followers.

The Devils recommence pre season training on Wednesday 14th January 2009 at Darley Park commencing at 6.15pm. Players should bring runners to each session.

The Devils enjoyed excellent attendances during the first stage of pre season with training attendances averages 45 with up to 75 players training over the month. Now we are in the New Year and the season quickly upon us it is hoped that attendances climb with all players getting to training on a regular basis.

Exciting news over the pre season so far is the signing of Callum Urch, Williamstown, Brent Dryden - Kyneton and the return of Sam Newton - Hepburn who will be enormous additions to the club also with the presence of the exciting batch up Darley JFC players stepping up to the senior club. It is also pleasing to see the return to the track of Bryan McGrath and Heath Hutchinson after a couple of years out of the game.
The Devils practice match schedule will be confirmed in the coming month.

Hey guys I've just moved from interstate to Melton West and wondering which local team I should support - I've been told Melton is a bit ferral by a bloke down the Golden Fleece Hotel...he was pretty drunk though so not sure if I should believe him...can anyone give me the good mail??

Go to Melton Centrals man

It all depends what sort of club you want to follow. do you like to follow a team that has always been close to or had success or are you the bloke that likes to support a club that battle away.
Centrals play in the RDFL so if you like to follow a side to away games travel could be from 15 min to 60.
I cant comment on Bloods or South but the boys at centrals seem to be a good bunch of blokes to have a drink with. The past few years they have been improving on and off the field and should be close to finals contenders again this year.

Come down and support Centrals, as you can see from blues12, we are a social club that has a lot going for it at the moment! both on and off the field!

Although i think Blade come second in there B/F behind s.young well ahead of the rest

To brain slow to be effective at this level. Will be in and out from ressies at best. Not fit enough either.

just wondering how nick becker played when at the marsh 2 years ago, anyone......:)
Hard to judge. Only played for 1 year and took the coin. He was one of their better players though in a very ordinary team that year. Didnt star in the games I saw.

Champaign Comedy, cheers.

Lica or Wog got any news on the Marsh? I heard they are out spending again on more blow ins. Is Mal Michael going to play?

I have only been to one training session over preseason and didn't really speak to anyone, just watched. I'm not involved as much as I have been over the passed few years so don't really know anything as far as recruits go. I'm sure they have a few in the pipeline though as all clubs would. Mal Michael - not sure. I heard that to but then read in the H Sun that he is playing elsewhere so who knows. It's all hot air at this time of year at every club.
Urch will be a very handy pick up at Darley, I would hate to be the backmen to line up on him. Very good footballer.

Urch heads to Darley Devils

BY DAVID POLKINGHORNE
10/01/2009 4:00:00 AM
FORMER North Melbourne forward Callum Urch will play for Darley in the Ballarat Football League this year.
Devils coach Gary Learmonth hopes Urch will complete a premiership jigsaw.
Urch played just eight AFL games before being delisted by the Kangaroos at the end of 2007.
He played for Williamstown last season - his third VFL team.
He also pulled on the boots for Port Melbourne and managed 25 games over two years for North
Ballarat as part of alignments with North Melbourne.
Learmonth feels he should slot in nicely up front for Darley.
"He'll play forward; it's an area where we fell down last year in the grand final," he said.
"He'll add class and another forward option."
Urch's AFL and VFL careers have been hampered by injury, but at this lower level his new coach
thinks he should be able to do the job.
"We're hoping he'll be fit and stay out on the park."
Another former VFL player Brent Dryden is moving from Kyneton to Darley Park as the Devils
endeavour to go one better than last year's grand final loss to Ballarat.
The former Coburg player should bolster the midfield while providing valuable experience.
"He's played rep footy in the Bendigo league and won Kyneton's best and fairest last year," Learmonth said.
"He will add leadership as he was a co-captain at Calder Cannons, and also allow Jarrod Edwards and Brad Miller to go forward a bit more."
Sam Newton, from Hepburn, has committed to his old club, but is yet to sign, and will bolster the defensive stocks.
"He's six-three - he's a big man.
"I think he was vice-captain at Hepburn last year, and has been one of the best in that league.
"He'll fit in with Shaun Deckert and Matt Cape (down back)."
Learmonth expected the trio to provide more than just their football talent.
"They're all quality players and will provide leadership, which is important in country footy.
"Most of our guys are 24-25 and after last year's experience will hopefully become a better club and a better team."
Bryan McGrath is also returning to the fold after a couple of years out, while Darren Leonard and
Kyle Doyle are both training with Werribee.
"Fingers crossed they make the list," Learmonth added.
And that should be the major changes to the minor premiers.
"We've finished recruiting and are happy where we are. "But we have to lift another notch to go one step further this year."

Urch heads to Darley Devils

BY DAVID POLKINGHORNE
10/01/2009 4:00:00 AM
FORMER North Melbourne forward Callum Urch will play for Darley in the Ballarat Football League this year.
Devils coach Gary Learmonth hopes Urch will complete a premiership jigsaw.
Urch played just eight AFL games before being delisted by the Kangaroos at the end of 2007.
He played for Williamstown last season - his third VFL team.
He also pulled on the boots for Port Melbourne and managed 25 games over two years for North
Ballarat as part of alignments with North Melbourne.
Learmonth feels he should slot in nicely up front for Darley.
"He'll play forward; it's an area where we fell down last year in the grand final," he said.
"He'll add class and another forward option."
Urch's AFL and VFL careers have been hampered by injury, but at this lower level his new coach
thinks he should be able to do the job.
"We're hoping he'll be fit and stay out on the park."
Another former VFL player Brent Dryden is moving from Kyneton to Darley Park as the Devils
endeavour to go one better than last year's grand final loss to Ballarat.
The former Coburg player should bolster the midfield while providing valuable experience.
"He's played rep footy in the Bendigo league and won Kyneton's best and fairest last year," Learmonth said.
"He will add leadership as he was a co-captain at Calder Cannons, and also allow Jarrod Edwards and Brad Miller to go forward a bit more."
Sam Newton, from Hepburn, has committed to his old club, but is yet to sign, and will bolster the defensive stocks.
"He's six-three - he's a big man.
"I think he was vice-captain at Hepburn last year, and has been one of the best in that league.
"He'll fit in with Shaun Deckert and Matt Cape (down back)."
Learmonth expected the trio to provide more than just their football talent.
"They're all quality players and will provide leadership, which is important in country footy.
"Most of our guys are 24-25 and after last year's experience will hopefully become a better club and a better team."
Bryan McGrath is also returning to the fold after a couple of years out, while Darren Leonard and
Kyle Doyle are both training with Werribee.
"Fingers crossed they make the list," Learmonth added.
And that should be the major changes to the minor premiers.
"We've finished recruiting and are happy where we are. "But we have to lift another notch to go one step further this year."

What price will sportsbet open Darley up at?? They would have to be very short to win this years flag. Would be amazed if they are over $2.50 but could be as short as even money.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What price will sportsbet open Darley up at?? They would have to be very short to win this years flag. Would be amazed if they are over $2.50 but could be as short as even money.
Hopefully with all the choke talk around we can start at about $3.50. But wait till about round 3 to put your money on. We will be a fair few players short for the first 2 rounds thanks to the tribunal. Get on at $4.50 after round 2.

Hey guys I've just moved from interstate to Melton West and wondering which local team I should support - I've been told Melton is a bit ferral by a bloke down the Golden Fleece Hotel...he was pretty drunk though so not sure if I should believe him...can anyone give me the good mail??

This is the way I would go.
1. Melton Bloods
2. Melton Centrals
3. Melton South (But try the other 2 first)

Hopefully with all the choke talk around we can start at about $3.50. But wait till about round 3 to put your money on. We will be a fair few players short for the first 2 rounds thanks to the tribunal. Get on at $4.50 after round 2.

No way will they get out to $4.50 after a couple of rounds. With the draw and the inclusion of some gun footballers they will always be held very firm. Anything near $3 is a great value. This is how I would market 09.

$2.30 Darley
$5.00 Redan
$6.00 East Point
$6.00 Melton South
$8.00 Ballarat (would be 12/1 without a soft draw)
$8.00 Sunbury
$15 Lakers
$25 Melton
$50 Marsh
$100 Sebas
$100 Nth Ballarat

No way will they get out to $4.50 after a couple of rounds. With the draw and the inclusion of some gun footballers they will always be held very firm. Anything near $3 is a great value. This is how I would market 09.

$2.30 Darley
$5.00 Redan
$6.00 East Point
$6.00 Melton South
$8.00 Ballarat (would be 12/1 without a soft draw)
$8.00 Sunbury
$15 Lakers
$25 Melton
$50 Marsh
$100 Sebas
$100 Nth Ballarat
I'd have a very conservative market, with the big drifter being East Point. The Marsh being the best chance of the roughies to make the finals.

Darley $2.50
Redan $4.50
Melton South $5.00
Ballarat $8.00
Sunbury $15.00
Lakers $16.00
East Point $16.00
Marsh $20.00
Sebas $100.00
Melton $100.00
North City $100.00

I'd have a very conservative market, with the big drifter being East Point. The Marsh being the best chance of the roughies to make the finals.

Darley $2.50
Redan $4.50
Melton South $5.00
Ballarat $8.00
Sunbury $15.00
Lakers $16.00
East Point $16.00
Marsh $20.00
Sebas $100.00
Melton $100.00
North City $100.00

I hear that houlihan is heading back to sunbury this season after winning a flag with keilor last year. Any truth to that christmas rumour KA?

I reckon the lakers at $16 are very good odds. Werent that far away last season and have signed a few - although will probably lose pyke to go and play cricket in scotland.

I hear that houlihan is heading back to sunbury this season after winning a flag with keilor last year. Any truth to that christmas rumour KA?

I reckon the lakers at $16 are very good odds. Werent that far away last season and have signed a few - although will probably lose pyke to go and play cricket in scotland.

Just another Christmas Rumour I can guaranty.

Lakers are good odds at $16.00

Hose signed a 2 year contract at Keilor. He tried to get out of it to play under Power but McGuane and Keilor and sticking to their guns and making him play his final year. He will be back in 2010.

Hose signed a 2 year contract at Keilor. He tried to get out of it to play under Power but McGuane and Keilor and sticking to their guns and making him play his final year. He will be back in 2010.

Had a good source then. 2 year deals suck at local footy as a lot happens throughout the year.

Sam Newton officially signed at the devils last night. Great to have a local junior back at the club to strengthen the devils talls and develop his game to another level in a higher league. Urch also trained last night and moves real well....

Melton South strengthens midfield with 'the Stuarts'

17/01/2009 1:15:00 AM
EXTRA grunt has been added to Melton South's midfield to help build on last season's promising start to the Ballarat Football League.
Coach Troy Scoble hopes two Stuarts - Vimpani and Hoysted - will help bolster the Panthers, who fell away after losing the last five games of 2008 to finish fifth.
"We recognised we needed to strengthen our midfield," Scoble said.
"We were top three for 13 or 14 weeks and we really failed at the end of the year when it counted.
"So this year we are looking to be up there again.
"But that's the plan every year," he added with a laugh.
Both Stuarts are inside-midfield types and past premiership players.
Vimpani won a flag with cross-town rival Melton, while Hoysted, a former Sunbury player, is moving across from Glenroy, in the Essendon District league.
Scoble thinks their wise heads will slot in nicely at the Panthers.
"They are very polished, with lots of experience and both played in premiership teams.
"They will add a fair bit of experience to our team, which is a fairly young side."
Daniel Hassett has returned to the club after a year off and will likely line up at either centre half-forward or centre half-back.
No one has left the club and improvement will be sought from the current list.
"Hopefully natural development will improve the side as well."
Last year Scoble co-coached with Travis Chapman, who has stepped back to assistant coach.
The birth of Chapman's third child, along with increased work commitments, meant he was unable to put in the time required during the week.
Adam Wilde, reserves coach for the last two seasons, has also had to scale back his involvement and will now have a match-day role with the seniors.
To help with continuity, under-18s coach Graeme Grenfell has followed 11 juniors up to the reserves.
Peter Lowe has been brought in to coach the under-18.5s. He has been involved with the Western Jets, from the TAC Cup, as well as Melton Auskick.* Meanwhile, Darley coach Gary Learmonth confirmed Sam Newton, formerly with Hepburn, has put pen to paper and will pull on the Devils' guernsey this season

see on the news last night that lakers have signed up 3 new players, Rob Greig from North Ballarat along with Ben Taylor(Nth Ballarat) and a kid from down Gippsland way, anyone can confrim???

see on the news last night that lakers have signed up 3 new players, Rob Greig from North Ballarat along with Ben Taylor(Nth Ballarat) and a kid from down Gippsland way, anyone can confrim???
If it's on the news then i'd be suprised if not true!

Greig will dominate BFL.

Look out for Melton South this year after the signing of Stuart Hoysted!! He is a great in and under player and an even better bloke!! Gee you done well their South!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back