Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its Tristan May from Ballarat altho i dont reckon he should have made the team its def him
jay may is a dirt little rat and needs to stay in the 2s at darley nd he will never play bfl seniors interleague unless he suckd freemans willy

Sorry to deflate the Ballarat bandwagon but i just got off the phone from a Ballarat League official and apparently it is Jay May from Darley that has joined the interleague side on late notice as a replacement for Ballarats own Tristan May. What seemed a cyber mix-up here guys has actually come to fruition due to apparent pressure from a VFL club that has taken a keen interest in Darleys young whiz kid. Our hearts must go out to Tristan May who was omitted on such late notice but hey- if you cant fly with the eagles, THEN GET OUT OF THE SKY!!!! Chieftont rocks

How'd the rep side go in their first match in shep?? anyone? who played well?

How'd the rep side go in their first match in shep?? anyone? who played well?

they shouldn't be in div 1 anyway, we will get smashed. Div 2 is where we belong. Geelong should be in div 1, but obviously didn't play rep. footy last time it was played. We will get smoked, maybe possible will be mornington peninsula squad. thats it!!

Not just a two man show at Darley Oracle. plenty of guys stepping up to the plate and those two are fulfilling the roles that coach learmonth felt needed to be addressed.

You would be amazed at the number of young darley players have almost played 50 games of senior footy. This was started by Matt power and last year the young fellas had even more responsibility under coach learmonth due to the clean out. Players like king, edwards, herring, gundry, smithwick, robbins, young, freestone, minns, whitney, sexton etc. All under 23, played plenty of senior footy and now have older players in miller, guerra, deckert, digger edwards & cape fulfilling their main roles and cheevers, newman & tuddy edwards adding the class. Only 3 recruits in the club the rest locals which has also boosted morale team spirit around teh club.

The league also has plenty of quality talent. Watched interleague training last week when it was at Darley and they will have the best squad for years. Maybe no ex AFL players but they are a keen bunch playing with a bit of pride for the league.

Gee you Darley blokes are good judges, they got kaned.

I don't think Darley's list was that impresssive which was reflected in where they finished up. Take Newman, cheevers etc out and they would not be performing that well. It is always good to get a recruit as they can lessen the burden on the younger players as it takes time for them to develop and may push them from key position to a flank etc.

Some leagues have definitely dropped off as the TAC cup takes good kids, the VFL impacts on sides as they fill their playing stocks and experienced players are being offered too much money to play in lesser leagues. The 24-28 age bracket does not have a large pool of players.[/quote]

Oracle rests his case and is once again correct!!!!!

Oracle rests his case and is once again corerct!!!!!

BFL stays in top group

2/06/2008 1:47:00 AM
THE Ballarat Football League remains in Victorian country football's highest division despite a heartbreaking one-goal loss to the Ovens and Murray league yesterday in Shepparton.
In what had effectively become a dead rubber following the Goulburn Valley league's victory over Hampden, the BFL came close to snatching second in Pool A of the VCFL Country Championships when it jumped the highly
fancied O&M to lead by nearly four goals, before being overwhelmed 6.10 (46) to 6.4 (40).
But Saturday's 16-point victory by the BFL over the Hampden league consigned the latter to relegation in the round robin championships.
BFL interleague coach Peter Freeman said, after a shaky start, the team's win against the Hampden league and its gallant effort against the O&M did more than enough to justify the BFL's position in pool A.
"We are gathering momentum with regard to getting respect in pool A of this competition," he said. Ballarat finished third behind the unbeaten Goulburn Valley and the O & M. The Geelong Football League will replace Hampden in Pool A for the next country championship in two years' time after it took out pool B.

Jay May kicked three and had 22, not bad from someone who you a lot were saying shouldn't even be in the side.

Interesting. Just having a look through all the match results on the VCFL website. Absolutley no mention of this Jay May fella. Also interesting to note that Tristan May was named 3rd best player in the first game against Goulburn Valley.
Goals:
Goulburn Valley FL: Relton Roberts 3, Robert Osborne 1, Rowan Bonson 1, Christopher Casey 1
Ballarat FL: Tim Little 1
Best:
Goulburn Valley FL: Matt Storer, Paul Scanlon, Paul Newman, Christopher Casey, Bradley Collins, Robert Osborne
Ballarat FL: Brett Chambers, Ashley Fleming, Tristan May, Shane Hutchinson, Peter Larsen

Looked through all the results for the weekend and Jay May didn't kick 3 goals anywhere. Unless he warmed up with the side and slotted 3 through the big sticks before the game.

Interesting. Just having a look through all the match results on the VCFL website. Absolutley no mention of this Jay May fella. Also interesting to note that Tristan May was named 3rd best player in the first game against Goulburn Valley.
Goals:
Goulburn Valley FL: Relton Roberts 3, Robert Osborne 1, Rowan Bonson 1, Christopher Casey 1
Ballarat FL: Jay May 3, Tim Little 1
Best:
Goulburn Valley FL: Matt Storer, Paul Scanlon, Paul Newman, Christopher Casey, Bradley Collins, Robert Osborne
Ballarat FL: Jay May, Brett Chambers, Ashley Fleming, Shane Hutchinson, Peter Larsen

Looked through all the results for the weekend and Jay May didn't kick 3 goals anywhere. Unless he warmed up with the side and slotted 3 through the big sticks before the game.
What are you talking about? You only see what you wanna see!!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Firstly fatboy you are not qualified or funny enough to talk about yourself in the 3rd person yet so stop it and secondly when you post on here can you please elaborate what point you are trying to make. Surely your not smart enough to design cryptic responses so keep it simple and you might be a chance on winning something for the year. Get your polly waffle out of leather skins back track and do something about that sand pit you call a home ground. P.s- your mum facebooked me..[/quote]

Afetr receiving confirmation from a BFL official he stated that this is noddys mums facebook photo. Apparently better looking than you anyway noddy!

http://www.uglypeople.com/voting.php?next=dXBsb2FkZWQvMTI2MDU2LzE0LmpwZw==

Firstly fatboy you are not qualified or funny enough to talk about yourself in the 3rd person yet so stop it and secondly when you post on here can you please elaborate what point you are trying to make. Surely your not smart enough to design cryptic responses so keep it simple and you might be a chance on winning something for the year. Get your polly waffle out of leather skins back track and do something about that sand pit you call a home ground. P.s- your mum facebooked me..[/quote]

Afetr receiving confirmation from a BFL official he stated that this is noddys mums facebook photo. Apparently better looking than you anyway noddy!

2/10 - Terrible effort.

Learn to be funnier or stick to being a whinging little twerp and leave the jokes to the guys who possess originality and wit.

meh ...

http://www.uglypeople.com/voting.php?next=dXBsb2FkZWQvMTI2MDU2LzE0LmpwZw==
Thats something you'd see in Sebastopol's canteen.

Sunbury would be be very happy losing Jordan for 4 weeks with a broken hand and Little for 3 with a groin. I hope it did not happen in the same incident.

Congrats to the little red rocket Jay May on finally getting the recognition he deserved.
Also good to see a group of smiling forum faces.
After a weekend spent camping and consuming every possible ounce of alcohol the region has to offer i came to realise two things.

1- Darley are the real deal and hence i rushed home to put $100 on them for the flag, i did know this before hand however, just really sunk in.

2- there isn't enough grog in Australia to make Oracle appear to have any idea about footy, or be funny. Concentrate in breathing jerk because at the moment that seems to be an uphill battle.

Poor big Little, always been a great servant to the club of sunbury and the comp, year after year he appears in the best and i'm here to wish him a speedy recovery. i don't think it was the same incident with jordan, word around is the injury came from a clash between a tight rectal cavity and a fast moving hand. For all involved at Sunbury it will be a anxious few weeks spent wondering with the pretender really has pulled his finger out and can start earning the big $$$ he is getting.

My girl, beautiful Casey has a crush on Jay May, but don't tell him because he'll have a crack

Congrats to the little red rocket Jay May on finally getting the recognition he deserved.
Also good to see a group of smiling forum faces.
After a weekend spent camping and consuming every possible ounce of alcohol the region has to offer i came to realise two things.

1- Darley are the real deal and hence i rushed home to put $100 on them for the flag, i did know this before hand however, just really sunk in.

2- there isn't enough grog in Australia to make Oracle appear to have any idea about footy, or be funny. Concentrate in breathing jerk because at the moment that seems to be an uphill battle.

Poor big Little, always been a great servant to the club of sunbury and the comp, year after year he appears in the best and i'm here to wish him a speedy recovery. i don't think it was the same incident with jordan, word around is the injury came from a clash between a tight rectal cavity and a fast moving hand. For all involved at Sunbury it will be a anxious few weeks spent wondering with the pretender really has pulled his finger out and can start earning the big $$$ he is getting.

My girl, beautiful Casey has a crush on Jay May, but don't tell him because he'll have a crack

hey, she will crush jay may because she is a bahhemyth ahh well jay may is no great loss but i will tell u 1 thing his friends r pritty funny saying he played for ballarat on the weekend i dnt think he has eva been in contention for interleague selection eva since he came into the bfl mate

Anyone got the scores from the weekend? Best Players? Goalkickers?

Best players are all on the net.

Lost to GV
Beat Hampton
Should've beaten O&M

Ballarat League player of the carnival - Chris Banwell (EP)

Team played pretty well in all the games, was right in it against GV even until the last few mins and a few quick goals but was by no means an uneven contest, both had fair share of the play, Ballarat boys were lacking forward power for the carnival, although Ash Fleming from Sunbury was a stand out playing from CHF taking a number of marks including mark of the century. haha was a MASSIVE hanger. Unfortunately inside 50 though very few marks were taken.

Back line was solid all three games, mid field good but maybe lacked a bit of explosive pace that a couple of other teams had. Chris Banwell was probably standing out because he had the leg speed to take a few on.

Under 18's interleague.... absolute rabble on and off the ground is the word going round...

Best players are all on the net.

Lost to GV
Beat Hampton
Should've beaten O&M

Ballarat League player of the carnival - Chris Banwell (EP)

--------------------------------------------------------------

Ballarat league will never win Div 1 when Banwell is player of the carnival!!!
Not wrong Finchy, Banwell is a cat.
Stiff Jay May

Tips for the week

Sunbury v Ballarat
Ballarat in a close one. Tristan May best on ground

Bacchus v Redan
Redan in another close one as 5 boys return to VFL. If bacchus are any good and want to earn credibility must win

East Point v Melton
Another close one East Point just

Melton South v Sebas
Miller from BFL interleague will dominate for Sebas

Darley v North City
Two heads easily. Jay May get votes for George King while noddy sits with his mum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back