Ballarat Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
i also cant believe the effort he puts into his posts, but then again we all know when he puts his mind to something he is successful. ie: being a w*nka on the forum succeeded with top marks.

Yeah not to mention the fact that they will are playing top dollar for a few blokes to pop in and take what little cash they have left in a year that they arent going to play finals anyway. Not a real advertisement for your club showing that your willing to give locals the boot in place of a few money chasing ring ins who will never look at your tipped out club again. Double loss guys- the kids will head to Hepburn again and the Port blokes will just take off and rape another club next year. I can understand why Redan have done it and why they attract those players to come back because they have had sensational people like Murrihy at the helm and they are always a grand final threat but the Marsh arent even in the same cloud.
quote]

And don't forget they are redan players to start off with. Dickinson, Waight, Peace, Mikalef & Horbury. Redan have only did it with mcmahon and he ended up leaving North to join Redan. Bacchus doing it the wrong way around, can only do harm to your club and tension with young blokes.

Yeah not to mention the fact that they will are playing top dollar for a few blokes to pop in and take what little cash they have left in a year that they arent going to play finals anyway. Not a real advertisement for your club showing that your willing to give locals the boot in place of a few money chasing ring ins who will never look at your tipped out club again. Double loss guys- the kids will head to Hepburn again and the Port blokes will just take off and rape another club next year. I can understand why Redan have done it and why they attract those players to come back because they have had sensational people like Murrihy at the helm and they are always a grand final threat but the Marsh arent even in the same cloud.

Presume you are a Port Melbourne player this week heading up to a place called Bacchus Marsh to have a run in a country footy league. You might have a friend of a friend who knows a bloke called Dion something that played at North a few years ago. He speaks to you on the phone and he sounds like he might know a thing or two so you say "yeah mate i will have a run for a bit of cash- me and two mates will come along..."

You drive into town and it looks pretty in the avenue but then you get to the Main street and find a bloke named Kenny that is 6 foot 4 and has a flannelette shirt with the arms cut out and he is standing in the middle of the road wolf whistling at a lady they called "lay back Jane". A guy named Jason is pushing a lawn mower with a brand new footy under his arm past a fat bloke named Steve who is arguing with Jason about his possible attendance at the Bacchus Marsh show. This starts scaring the Port boys so they slam on the gas and head past a pub called Flanagans who they recognise as Bacchus Marsh's sponsor only to find a bloke named Neat ironing his t-shirt on the balcony while a fat bloke with Tatts down his arms is telling some guy called 'Rocco The Sleaze' how many roids he has done and how many bikies he knows.

If this isnt enough to turn the Port boys off re-appearing for next years pre-season then it really is only the start. They get to the gate and tell Mr Brooks that they are new recruits but he wont believe them and makes them pay instantly before wiping his drool with a footy record that he charged them double for. They head towards the clubrooms to be greeted by some guy called bugs who has hidden his face inside a tomato. He takes them in the direction of a bloke named Magpie who says a sentence that would only make sense to a dyslexic kid. They Walk past a pidgeon club that is full of women with mullets - only to be told that they are actually the social rooms. They meet the coach who seems to be 29 kilos heavier than what he sounded on the phone but they shake his hand and agree to don the terrible jumper anyway. All goes to plan and they are beaten convincingly in front of 48 fans and they are paid in church change. They are told they are welcome to celebrate the loss in town but it is most likely to end in tears if they attend a local pub because they will also get punched up by the footy team accross the bridge and maybe have their girls stolen. The New recruits head out of town as fast as they came in and are glad to see the back end of what some people may call a club..

Your imagination is magic!
Just a couple of things though. The couple of people you mentioned with Intellectual Disabilites (Wattsy and Steve) are actually Darley fans mate and add Chum in there to. Their origins lead back to your side of the bridge by the way so it says a lot for your Darley DNA.
How do you know we are paying top dollar for these players?
How do you know some locals have been dropped for these players? As pointed out earlier there is quite possibly some injuries from the weekend. There was some sore players after the Melton game. So that could be the reason.
You don't know how this club operates these days and all your doing is assuming and all that does is make you look like an ass.
Your posts were quite funny to begin with (Even as a Marsh supporter I have been known to laugh at your wit) but they are now boring, over done and immature. You make this league thread look stupid and bitchy (with all your slander against our club).
Time to move on.......

great work cheif very true about those carpet phython's, maybe they might offer Lauren Proute as a date to 1 of those super star's from port. ha ha.... back soon

At the end of the remaining rounds I have compiled a final 6 based on the sides winning those rounds according to their current ladder position:

Sunbury 68
Darley 64
Lakers 52
MSouth 48
EastPoint 48
Ballarat 40
Bacchus 32
Redan 28

Top 2 could go either way as I have assumed sunbury will beat darley
Lakers M/South and East Point can all make 3rd as they play each other
Marsh and Redan need a miracle especially redan to make it.

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers
Will be close with newman out. Chiefs love child miller will have a tough day on battistello

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton
Return to the winners list

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers
Will be close with newman out. Chiefs love child miller will have a tough day on battistello

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton

North City should get over sebas pretty comfortably.
Darley at home to roll the lakers.
South will get over the improved marsh.
Sunbury to put the first nail in the coffin.
Ballarat over Melton in a must win for them.

East are lucky they have a bye. How did they lose to North City????

My Tips

North City v sebas
Look to 2009 Sebas

Darley v Lakers
Close one

South v Bacchus
Needs to win if they are a contender

Redan v Sunbury
Next 2 weeks to tell if Redan are any chance.

Ballarat v Melton
Ballarat are in worse shape than redan.

My Tips

North City v sebas
Look to 2009 Sebas

Darley v Lakers
Close one

South v Bacchus
Needs to win if they are a contender

Redan v Sunbury
Next 2 weeks to tell if Redan are any chance.

Ballarat v Melton
Ballarat are in worse shape than redan.[/quote]

Come on drummer we aren't as reliant on North Ballarat as you guys. North reserves play finals you are gone as you need them to make it.

North City should get over sebas pretty comfortably.
Darley at home to roll the lakers.
South will get over the improved marsh.
Sunbury to put the first nail in the coffin.
Ballarat over Melton in a must win for them.

East are lucky they have a bye. How did they lose to North City????[/quote]

we can't talk vineyard.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton
every week you pick against darley, who have lost 1 game by 2 points. I spose a loss will come soon.

Go South, can't wait to smash marsh

Agree with you today Oral. Think the Darley Vs Lakers game could go either way. Darley still with Newman, McGill, C Young and possibly Hassent to come into the side in the coming weeks. They will be much stronger in a month and Lakers and Redan have been their bogey sides in previous years. The rest of your tips seem good to me.

Cut out the serious crap and get back to what you do best.

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton
North v sebas
North easy after agreat win last week

Darley v lakers
Darley to good at home.

South v marsh
South to send the snakes back down to earth.

Readen v Sunbury
Sunbury to end Redans year.

Ballarat v Melton
melton to make it 4 in a row 4 the swans.

North v sebas
North easy after agreat win last week

Darley v lakers
Darley to good at home.

South v marsh
South to send the snakes back down to earth.

Readen v Sunbury
Sunbury to end Redans year.

Ballarat v Melton
melton to make it 4 in a row 4 the swans.
hi runner, sproully here

just wondering how the following darley boys are going, they are; the Lil Fella, Black Mustard, Nimbus, Couger, and Eddie Mabo?

give me a score out of 10 for each please

My tips

North City (hand Sebas the spoon if they lose this one)
Darley (Maybe just too strong at home)
Melton South (but if Marsh win, they'll become a genuine finals chance)
Sunbury (they are flying, Redan is not)
Ballarat (Swans lose and they are officially pretenders)

hi runner, sproully here

just wondering how the following darley boys are going, they are; the Lil Fella, Black Mustard, Nimbus, Couger, and Eddie Mabo?

give me a score out of 10 for each please
Hey ya Sproully, hows it going mate.
I haven't seen the lil Fella since 2001 he was watching the Darley u18s and some tough guy from Golden Point give him one the biggest sprays of all time. Word has it he plays up the bush now and is flying. 8.

Black Mustard is still at Darley going alright, He still does the odd lap in the raw around Darley park on the roof of minna's vr.7..

Nimbus is alrighrt he stll gets on rockets with his cuz Kane at the caravan park every summer. 7.

Couger is dead mate. He had a run in with another leader of a pushbike gang. Some nutta named Harley fixed him up 4 riding in his hood. 0.

Eddie Mabo, not sure about him Sproully he went walkabout after Hamo stoped coaching the u18s a few years back. ?

Hope that helps you out mate.
P.s Hows Dev going?

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton
Good Call on Darley Lakers again oracle your footy knowlege is second to none. And as for your mate Battistello well he was the first to go missing when the heat was on.

Tips

North City v sebas
Go Sebas

Darleyv Lakers

South v Bacchus
Sorry Marsh

Redan v Sunbury
Sunbury easily

Ballarat v Melton
Good call. Miller 42 and 4 goals. Didnt even notice Battistello.

lakers are rubbish

Darley going from strength to strength this year with still a few to come back into the side and Hassent to debut sometime in the next few rounds.

Keep an eye on this kid Hassent. A 6ft4 ruckman who gets more airtime than Kevin Garnett and has dukes that grip the ball like he has been eating hot jam doughnuts with his bare hands for five hours in 40 degree heat.

Seaben to debut as well soon, but Cheiftont will fill you in more about him.

Sebastopol beats North City by 19 points

23/06/2008 1:36:00 AM
JOY has replaced frustration for Ballarat Football League battler Sebastopol.
After four weeks of turmoil, including 100-plus point losses and tribunal appearances, the Burras finally have something to cheer about, beating Balben North City by 19 points at AUSTAR Arena.
The come-from-behind win means every team in the RegionalOne BFL has tasted victory at least once this season.
It is the club's first win since coach Mark Russell took on what is considered by some as the toughest gig in the BFL.
Russell said it was a relief and a reward for the club, but insisted he and the playing group could not get carried away with what amounts to just one win.
"It obviously means a lot to the club. There were ladies crying after the match," Russell said.
"It's good for (club president) George McIntosh and (vice president) Bill Leatham and the committee because they've taken a punt on a new direction.
"We want not just the players but also the supporters to believe that they can go to the footy with some confidence of success.
"For me it is great to have a win as a coach because you don't want to be thinking about when the first win would come.
"But we have to remember is only one win. We play Melton this week and we need to capatilise on that feeling.
"If we want that winning feeling to last more than one week we have to go out and do it again."
The victory comes on the heels of a forgettable month for the Kookaburras on and off the field.
But Russell said the club has learnt from the dramas and responded in the right manner.
He said positive feedback from rival clubs had been encouraging.
"All this talk about the club has been good because, even though bad things happen to every club, what Sebastopol has done about it will reflect well on it," Russell said.
"Other teams and coaches in the league have been very positive about how we've handled each crisis.
"Today was another learning exercise for the playing group. They won and they won from behind, so they should have the confidence that if they get in that position again they can do something about it.
"I have heard from a lot of coaches from other teams that what we've implemented is the right thing.
"When I went for this job some people thought it might be the hardest job in the BFL and I don't see it as quite like that.
"I'm encouraged by the improvement in a bloke like James Brick. He was shy and wouldn't speak so much to begin with but now he wants to do it all. "I made him one of our captains because I want him to do more than just play good football."

Darley going from strength to strength this year with still a few to come back into the side and Hassent to debut sometime in the next few rounds.

Keep an eye on this kid Hassent. A 6ft4 ruckman who gets more airtime than Kevin Garnett and has dukes that grip the ball like he has been eating hot jam doughnuts with his bare hands for five hours in 40 degree heat.

Seaben to debut as well soon, but Cheiftont will fill you in more about him.
Where are these 2 from?

South will beat Sunba this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back