balmey leaving

Remove this Banner Ad

What hindsight? hahahaha, i said it at the time & been saying non stop since! You guys are unreal - when the actual history proves you wrong & others right, you just act like "well,derrrpp all of us are, deeeerrppiiee derp, are geniuses with a lil h-h-h-hingsight"

pepsi GIF

um deerp, its not ****ing hingsight if i said it at the actual time

Won the flag in 2020. In QLD.
Balmey was in VIC.

Yes. in 2020 Balmey, our GM of Football, was in Victoria. Meanwhile Alexandra Crowe, the marketing Sales Representative, was in the hub.

Caroline wilson nailed it in this article. The club lost all its integrity when they essentially paid a non-important staffer to live in a very expensive to run hub as basically the coaches mistress & helped conceal it from his family. Add to that the weird and still not explained exit of Alex Rance, a Jehovah's Witness who preached brotherhood etc who magically quit his job and divorced his wife without warning, with rumours of an affair with a younger players GF (who was in hospital recovering from brain surgery) - who magically left requested to leave the club 12 months later. Rance always talked about retiring early to concentrate on his faith.... it's been 4 years, what roles, changes or important things has he done in the Jehovah community since he retired to focus on that? Absolutely nothing of note outside of a month of "door knocking". And here he is, back in the system supporting a game that he, apparently, didn't enjoy any of his 200 games as a player as he "wanted to do more on the peaceful, loving, caring, supportive side of things, rather than the competitive and dominant side of things"..... If i didn't enjoy 1 day of my job as i thought it was spiritually empty, i wouldn't take a job in that exact same field that helps young men be part of it. Reality is, like a lot of pretentious religious types, Rance was full of shit

Caro in her article discusses the idea of sacking Dimma right there and then (which is what the Boston Celtics did with Ime Udoka after he won coach of the year for doing the same thing). Everyone said that would have been a disaster. 4 years later - could it have actually caused anything worse than we are dealing with right now? He eventually quit and ironically moved the the city the hub was set in with the mistress.

I, personally, would have rathered they let Balmey finish his year out than keep Dimma around for 3 more years after he clearly broke his own club set standards. Club put success over integrity & the results, long-term, are predictable.

The shit was on the walls for those who could smell it.

Last edited:
He was on the Front Bar last nite. The way some of you guys described him i was expecting him to come out life this

Looked and spoke fine i thought

Never understood the decision Gale and Livingstone made to make him redundant puzzling. His calm and expertise is what we need now rebuilding even as he said part time. Poor decision for me.

Never understood the decision Gale and Livingstone made to make him redundant puzzling. His calm and expertise is what we need now rebuilding even as he said part time. Poor decision for me.

Never understood?
It’s been widely reported why Balmey needed to step back. Even he himself conceded the issues he has/is facing.
From a cost perspective also when we should be putting cash into FD coaching personnel it makes absolute sense.
Should he just keep getting paid indefinitely for doing a job that doesn’t exist? The club has been very generous to him for years and he should finish up with dignity.

Time for a new broom to go through the RFC...Balmey...Gale...
Except the broom has stopped at Dimma...with Yze coming in and nothing else...
Strange hiatus at the Club...be calmed...
We at RFC have had a new coach and face come in...
And this new face/coach a complete stranger to us all...has weirdly been the face of the RFC for the whole year...
I say boy...what's going on?!?

Never understood?
It’s been widely reported why Balmey needed to step back. Even he himself conceded the issues he has/is facing.
From a cost perspective also when we should be putting cash into FD coaching personnel it makes absolute sense.
Should he just keep getting paid indefinitely for doing a job that doesn’t exist? The club has been very generous to him for years and he should finish up with dignity.
Seems like the issues don't bother him and his happy to go on.
Load of bs their is a role for him there to guide our young coaches in this rejuvenation period and footy department
Livingstone and Blair made to many blews last couple of years for my liking didn't see this under Balme. Both haven't did well in supporting Yze enough as first year coach in media etc.
The club has been generous to him lol no Balme no success simple as that.

Seems like the issues don't bother him and his happy to go on.
Load of bs their is a role for him there to guide our young coaches in this rejuvenation period and footy department
Livingstone and Blair made to many blews last couple of years for my liking didn't see this under Balme. Both haven't did well in supporting Yze enough as first year coach in media etc.
The club has been generous to him lol no Balme no success simple as that.
Got the impression he was going a bit senile and had a few senior moments. Gale wouldn't knife him, clearly they saw it as the appropriate time to move on. He apparently didn't agree but sometimes you've got to make the hard call. He was probably wandering the halls getting people to pull his finger for the last 12 months.

We got what we needed from Balme, he got to come back and reunite with the club he played for, and we won some flags after being in the wilderness for so long. The guy is 72, we can't keep people at the club forever, if he chooses to try help the crows so be it but for our club it's the right time to move on.

We need to look forward and not back, last flag was 4 years ago now.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back