Got stuck in
Good tackler, unlucky not to be rewarded a couple of times
Wanted the ball, alot of debutants wouldnt be so eager
Alot of game time, good on Danners for giving it to him
Nice running goal, took on the player, beat him and nice finish

Negatives

His Kicking, not to be too hard on the kid but cost us at least 2 or 3 goals
Stevens ran riot on him, not sure if he was on him the whole time

At Pick 53, a good find but not sure whether he is quite ready yet.

But by no means was he near the worst last night, he was one of a few that could have left holding his head high.

he tries hard and his goal was supurb but he did lack composure and confidence at stages and wasn't able to stay with Stevens. Jones should take his spot and let JMac do the tagging of West. and perhaps Bruce - Cooney

Jones for me

But still was impressed with Bartram even though his kicking wasnt to special
but i think he got the most tackles for Melbourne so thats fantastic

I think it was a good debut from him. He was one of the few people playing in the middle that did'nt end up kicking the ball to the opposition.

Yeah i was pretty happy with his debut. 7 tackels and at the bottom of the pack on many occasions. I think he was on the bench in the second when stevo started playing well, but he towelled him up in the first.

dees178 said:
I think it was a good debut from him. He was one of the few people playing in the middle that did'nt end up kicking the ball to the opposition.
Which game were you watching:confused: ?

Yze_Class said:
Which game were you watching:confused: ?
I totally agree. His kicking was has main area of weakness. I can remember one of his kicks in particular after he earnt a free kick was a horrendous piece of ********. Anyway, for mine he looks the goods, and will be a good solid player in the future. I think he had a better game than Murphy. Does anyone else agree?

cannons said:
I totally agree. His kicking was has main area of weakness. I can remember one of his kicks in particular after he earnt a free kick was a horrendous piece of ********. Anyway, for mine he looks the goods, and will be a good solid player in the future. I think he had a better game than Murphy. Does anyone else agree?
He was much harder at the ball than Murphy and seemed to want the ball more but his kicking is the reason he went 53 and Murphy went 1.

Well - didn't get to the match or see any of it. Which does suck, but good to see Bartram in the team to get a start. One thing the Dees do need is quality taggers as we seem to have too many midfielders who are keen to get the pill but not enough who are willing to niggle the phark out of the key players.

Phil Read can do it - but is in bung end of the career, Godfrey is just pitiful unless going up against Crawford. So bring on Bartram, I was impressed in the Aker job he did in the Nab.

Want to see both Jones and Bate starting this week.

*** Was this the earliest we had seen Neale Daniher play a rookie ever? ***

well Davey played round one 2004 and got the rising star nomination

I want to see Jones get a gig. The bulldogs midfield will destroy the rabble that was on show Sunday evening so it needs a changeup

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Deestroy said:
With the likes of McLean, Jones, Bate, C.Johnson & Bell as chances to come into the side ahead of him, I would say not. Not a great choice for dream team.

Yeppa, good kid, nice goal, can't kick, needs time to develop some skills in the VFL

*PAFC*13 said:
What were his stats like?

Player K H P M HO T FF FA G B
Clint Bartram 6 4 10 3 0 7 1 0 1 0

It wasn't bad, he lead the tackles, and kicked a nice goal, but 90% of his kicks were turnovers and 50% of those resulted in Carlton goals.

I like the kid, maybe he was just nervous, lets hope he works it out beacuse he looks good.

Unleash Hell said:
Player K H P M HO T FF FA G B
Clint Bartram 6 4 10 3 0 7 1 0 1 0

It wasn't bad, he lead the tackles, and kicked a nice goal, but 90% of his kicks were turnovers and 50% of those resulted in Carlton goals.

I like the kid, maybe he was just nervous, lets hope he works it out beacuse he looks good.

Thanks mate :)

Yeah, I'm sure it was a bit of nerve, I like the kid.

p.s. Goodluck throughout the season :thumbsu: .

Remove this Banner Ad

Bartram - 1st Impressions

Remove this Banner Ad

Back