Pat Jephcott (452432)

Battrick Rating: 45,062
Wages: £14,409 p/w

Stamina: proficient Wicket Keeping: worthless
Batting: wonderful Concentration: quality
Bowling: woeful Consistency: mediocre
Fielding: proficient

Nice :thumbsu: what Div you in ?

how much do you put into your youth academy?

I try not to buy 17 yo, I figure someone else can train these guys for a season, that way it saves me a year in development also I think some 17 yo respectables are over priced and would rather pay around 2.5 million for a strong 18 yo early in the season.

I look for strong primaries 18 yo players early in a season

Then I have 2 primary nets on this player and 1 fielding for a season, this generally means by the time they are 19 they will be quality players.

While they are 19 & 20 I drop it back to 1 primary net and 1 fielding net and 1 stamina net.

Generally means by the time they are 21 they are atleast wonderful players, with a decent secondary and fitness ;)

How on earth do you afford $2.5mil for players?

I've never had more than $200k in the bank.

I have been playing since season 4 though, so in that time I have built up my team and my home ground currently holds 26,000

It's all about winning so your members increase and you expand your home ground and then reap the profits.

Once you get upto 1.6 mill in the bank, your getting 80,000 in interest a week which is the maximum amount.

Had a good win against burninglevi today. Granted he played his younger blokes, but it was good signs for my guys who had only 2 games experience.

Again Muchungo and Haytner were superb.

ep, good stuff. My youngsters need some improvement. You gave a good bowling effort. I think my players were a bit stuffed though :p

Was impressed by my guys efforts. Thought you had me near the end, just snapped up that last wicket.

got my opposition at 7/108 at the moment. Looking good.

Having a bat on a cracked deck.

4-143 and sitting nicely with both of my guys in their 40's.

200 on this wicket looks like a good total.

good stuff. Probably best to bat first on a cracked deck. It's 8 for 108 at lunch. hopefully clean up the tail for under 120 then put on a big 1st innings lead by the end of today.

Got them all out for 109. Should be a resounding thumping coming up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm 8/460 atm and flying.

Have set it to auto declare and 470 so hopefully i can go out and get them twice tomo.

Had a great lower order partnership with my keeper making a beautiful 170 off only 216 balls, while on of my tail enders chipped in with a handy 95.

My keeper has got milestones in his two FC innings so far.

I think I was in your division BL last season. Not sure if it was FC or List A, though.

I'm getting absolutely thumped in most of my games at the moment - can't handle the step up in division and the bowling attack is woeful.

I have no idea, i forgot about the game last season, don't even know where i finished :p. The step up can be a complete bitch. All of a sudden people have players with 20,000 ratings and that. it's horrible.

I'm kicking bum in the OD atm. they are 7-130. Should be able to get a win here.

Had a massive win this week in the one dayers.

2/372 - Muchungo made a lazy 173, while my other opener floors kicked in with 143.

331 run opening stand.

Followed up to skittle them for a lazy 83.

got my opponent all out for 128 with piper leading the way with 4/16 off of 5.5 overs. Got the runs needed with the loss of just 1 wicket with kampa and Gradi getting 50's each.

I'll be going 12 days without a home match (friendly) as well. 14 days if you get rid of the friendly. i think that is going to dent the bank balance.

Won my game today, they got 329/4 with both openers making hundreds, luckily his batting is his only strong point (both are about wonderfull+) and i ended up reaching the total in 48 overs :thumbsu:

1 thing i am devo about is that my ground expansion is gettign completed tomorrow not today, so i missed out on a extra 50k :(

Remove this Banner Ad

Battrick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back