Bay 13 GF mug punting!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 15, 2007
PCO
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Yes, it's GF day and we all love a bit of mug punting on things like first goal, Norm Smith, most disposals, etc etc... so, post them here to cover yourself in glory, or embarassment.

So far, I am thinking for my mug punter bets -

Norm Smith - Riewoldtember (if they are to win, he'll have to play well and therefore be a big chance at Norm Smith), with a smaller bet on Kosi (same reasons as Riewoldtember, if he had a big one he could get them there).

First goal - Clinton Jones and Nick Dal Santo... just a hunch there really!

Yes, it's GF day and we all love a bit of mug punting on things like first goal, Norm Smith, most disposals, etc etc... so, post them here to cover yourself in glory, or embarassment.

So far, I am thinking for my mug punter bets -

Norm Smith - Riewoldtember (if they are to win, he'll have to play well and therefore be a big chance at Norm Smith), with a smaller bet on Kosi (same reasons as Riewoldtember, if he had a big one he could get them there).

First goal - Clinton Jones and Nick Dal Santo... just a hunch there really!

I'd like odds on this bet:

1: Brizzy will never make the top 4 ever again; rolled into

2: Dizzy Brizzy will merge with GC before 2015.

Can you give us better than evens?

• Banned
I always thought 10/1 was $10

Common misconception. $10.00 is 9/1. That is, for every $1 you put on, you PROFIT $9.00, which is therefore getting back $10. Therefore, if you back a winner on the tote at $10.00, you get back $10 for every $1.00. If you back a winner with the bookies at 9/1 you get back $10.00, profiting $9.00.

The old fractional odds aren't really used in Aus anymore, but they are still used as a point of reference a bit. The fractionals are still used in the UK.

Common misconception. $10.00 is 9/1. That is, for every $1 you put on, you PROFIT $9.00, which is therefore getting back $10. Therefore, if you back a winner on the tote at $10.00, you get back $10 for every $1.00. If you back a winner with the bookies at 9/1 you get back $10.00, profiting $9.00.

The old fractional odds aren't really used in Aus anymore, but they are still used as a point of reference a bit. The fractionals are still used in the UK.

Or in simple terms; never bet on Brizzy because they will always lose.

I'll take a Saints win.

Norm Smith - Was going to pick Lenny Hayes but CM86 has beaten me to it, so I'll take Sam Fisher.

First goal - Milney (with a big fist pump and chainsaw in front of the Cats cheer squad just to piss everyone off :D)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1. Geelong by 5 points
2. BOG/Norm Smith Chapman
3. First Goal Schneider
4. Last Goal Chapman
5. 7th Goal Riewoldt
6. Reported Lenny Hayes
7. Injured Clarke
8. Speccy of the Day Reiwoldt
9. Goal of the Day Gary Ablett
10. Most disposals Nick Dal Santo
11. Least Disposals Schneider

1. Geelong by 5 points :thumbsdown: nearly
2. BOG/Norm Smith Chapman :thumbsu:
3. First Goal Schneider :thumbsdown:
4. Last Goal Chapman :thumbsdown: Game winning only
5. 7th Goal Riewoldt :thumbsdown:
6. Reported Lenny Hayes :thumbsdown:
7. Injured Clarke :thumbsu:
8. Speccy of the Day Reiwoldt :thumbsdown:
9. Goal of the Day Gary Ablett :thumbsdown:
10. Most disposals Nick Dal Santo :thumbsdown:
11. Least Disposals Schneider
:thumbsdown:

nostradamos FAIL!

Geez, all those with money on Schneider must of been might pissed he missed that goal from the goalsquare!

I had Stevie J or Montagna for first goal and Chappy for NS, bout a break even in the end

yeah he would of cost me a packet if I was stupid enough to think I was a half decent punter and put money on him.

To be honest he seems like a downhill skier in the mold of Mathew Stokes.

Tends to bob up when the job is done and struggles against a decent opponent and shirks and dives at every opportunity.

Remove this Banner Ad

Bay 13 GF mug punting!!!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back