Bay 13 Where Are They Now - Gather Round Edition: Chad Wingard

Remove this Banner Ad

Dec 20, 2021
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Arsenal
As you might have heard via carrier pigeon or carrier great white, Gather Round is happening in South Australia this weekend. It is suppossedly a chance for the AFL community to come together to celebrate that South Australians, for a weekend at least, seem only slightly less cringey and backward than they actually are the other 51 weeks of the year. :fightpump: AFL!

In celebration of this mediocre occassion of Gather Around (a barrel), I thought it might be an apt time to celebrate great Port or Adelaide players for whatever reason fell off the AFL radar after years of seemingly infinite stardom.

Today we are going to celebrate.....Chad Wingard.

1712265290401.png

A former star Port Adelaide player who after a hugely influential young career fell off the AFL radar at the end of 2018.
Up until then he had the following honours.

So what happened to Chad, or as he affectionately known as, The Chad, The Chode and the PortniteKing?

It took a bit of investigation, but apparently, according to LinkedIn, he is an 'Athlete', at the Hawthorn Football Club.

1712268391195.png

I did a bit of digging and according to Google the Hawthorn Football Club is an amateur organisation that suppossedly plays out of a suburb of the same name.
1712266509646.png

It is also unclear of the official home of this amateur club but a few pictures paint a picture of their amatuer status..

Glenferrie:
1712266807943.png

Waverley:
1712266900053.png

Dingley:
1712266983701.png

I can only guess from this last photo that this isn't actually a formal stadium but a stock photo of a stadium to make them look less amaturish. It's is Tassie for starters. :rolleyes:
1712267407735.png

Anyway, enough about this amatuer club and let's get back to Chad.

I reached out to his supposed club and they say he hasn't worked there since a guy called 'Clarko' left.

So in short. I have no idea what has happened to Chad but I wish him well.

Until next instalment.

Stokey

Last edited:

Bay really is dead.

Season 2 GIF by The Simpsons

zackah , Dinsdale . I think I've pinpointed why the Bay is dead.
If he melts this much over a post about a player not even connected to his team his melts when the tankers lose to freo will be delicious :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really just trying to keep the Bay alive as requested in another thread. A real Bay 13 poster would understand.
But if you are the future I question why I should bother.
I originally joined the week after 2007 GF so we have probably been around the exact same length of time...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back