Live Event Bay Firteen Froggy olympics fred

Remove this Banner Ad

I have not watched a single second of the Olympics. I will not watch a single second of the Olympics. No, I do not like green eggs & ham!

boring bored to death GIF

Bay response: Definitely about having a Y chromosome. Is wtching women's boxing really engaging with boxing anyway?

Non-bay response: One of the better questions to ask people on both sides of this question is whether or not intersex people should be able to compete in the women's events. The right tend to get confused and angry about recognising there's a purely scientifically true group of people who don't fit neatly into either event and that they need to consider the issue a bit more deeply than girls have boobs.

The left tend to get confused and angry that there's a scientific truth that being born with a Y chromosome guarantees certain physical traits that in an event like boxing would be inherently advantageous over those who are not born with one, and that the issue is a bit more complicated than everyone gets to choose how they live their life and the world needs to adapt and not be bigoted by old-fashioned gender concepts.

When you take gender out of it and make it purely a question of sex, the answer here is obviously than the sexes should be competing separately in most sports, especially those like boxing. As for the intersex, I don't quite have an answer but "Y chromosome present 100m Freestyle" has a nice ring to it, and "No Y chromosome present" boxing seems like it'd solve the issue in a way that would both work perfectly and annoy just about everyone.
a lot of people who’re upset about it also don’t understand that a country like algeria (which is historically, demonstrably anti lgbtqia+) would never send an athlete who is trans (or non-cishet, in any case) to an olympics. she competed in tokyo and no one cared, why the change up now?

Serbia fallen completely asleep at the wheel…. If the Boomers don’t win it from here then they should give up playing international ball…

(Log in to remove this ad.)

🤷‍♂️
Some confused old fkr telling those kids to get out of his swimming pool?
Nah some woman in a hat and Sunnies, banged a stick on the ground for some reason

They've been doing that the whole swim meet too, I think they're past competitors that do it but the reasoning why I have no idea unless it's notify ppl the current competitors are coming now.
Had this exact conversation on the couch about a week ago and googled the answer.

The stick banging on the ground is a nod to the French theatre tradition to remind us that each event is a performance that deserves the public's attention.

The knocks to the ground are done so that audience know to shut up in order for the sporting event to commence.

Had this exact conversation on the couch about a week ago and googled the answer.

The stick banging on the ground is a nod to the French theatre tradition to remind us that each event is a performance that deserves the public's attention.

The knocks to the ground are done so that audience know to shut up in order for the sporting event to commence.

Makes sense.

But I do prefer the Aussie way of encouraging silence, "SHUT UP CAMPAIGNER, IT'S STARTING!"

Remove this Banner Ad

Live Event Bay Firteen Froggy olympics fred

Remove this Banner Ad

Back