Injury BBBBHall - bleeding corked thigh

Remove this Banner Ad

bl##ding h#ll!

what next!

Lake will be rested. Can almost guarantee it... Maybe Hudson too.

As bigdog54 said, the game means nothing, why risk injury or aggravation...

It's just a shame they haven't adopted this policy the whole bloody year...

Lake will be rested. Can almost guarantee it... Maybe Hudson too.

As bigdog54 said, the game means nothing, why risk injury or aggravation...

It's just a shame they haven't adopted this policy the whole bloody year...

I agree. If in doubt, rest them this week. The result of the game has no importance. As long as they are cherry ripe for the finals, that is what matters.

The injuries are my biggest scare rather than form. I am almost too scared to look at this forum in case there is another player who is injured. :(

I agree. If in doubt, rest them this week. The result of the game has no importance. As long as they are cherry ripe for the finals, that is what matters.

The injuries are my biggest scare rather than form. I am almost too scared to look at this forum in case there is another player who is injured. :(

Try some kids for this game. Bring in Hooper, give him a shot. Maybe Rose/Howard even. Something to inspire the older guys, give them something to think about other than missing Cooney etc.

If it works and we unearth a player, maybe it's looking up for the first final. If not, what have we really lost. Let's face it, a side missing Lake, Hall, Cooney, Hudson, Morris, Higgins, Johnson, Aker, Wood etc won't be facing much criticism if they lose this week... Will focus all the attention on the Pies for the finals as well...

I disagree guys, we are so all over the place I think we need to do everything
we can to find a settled lineup this week, so we can see what doesn't work
and tweak it before the Collingwood game. We are coming off two bad losses
and after hitting some great momentum for about 6 weeks in a row earlier in the year, we are now all over the shop and have an extremely unsettled lineup.

We need to be planning for the Pies game and getting players settled in new positions if need be. If we walk into the Collingwood game and expect it all just
to click on the day they will make mincemeat out of us. Unfortunately we have
run out of time to rest players (injuries excepted) and need to roll the dice and try and get a good win this week with a somewhat settled lineup, leading into the first final .

Well it does make things interesting that's for sure.

I wonder if Markovic will come in now? You'd have to think so if Lake does not play.

Hall, well if he's out then Jones, Grant and Hahn will all play. I thought maybe Mitch might miss out this week but probably not now.

I think Addision will come in. He can play as a defender, but they have been running him as pure midfielder at Willi and he's doing it so well they were tagging him!

I can see him tag teaming with Harbrow in the midfield swapping in defense.

I think Hill will play. If not then Stack. I have heard nothing to say the Patty Rose will get a gig and Hopper seems an outside chance.

Everitt is an in for sure. Roughead or Minson or both will play if Huddo is also out.

Very very interesting this week.

I disagree guys, we are so all over the place I think we need to do everything
we can to find a settled lineup this week, so we can see what doesn't work
and tweak it before the Collingwood game. We are coming off two bad losses
and after hitting some great momentum for about 6 weeks in a row earlier in the year, we are now all over the shop and have an extremely unsettled lineup.

We need to be planning for the Pies game and getting players settled in new positions if need be. If we walk into the Collingwood game and expect it all just
to click on the day they will make mincemeat out of us. Unfortunately we have
run out of time to rest players (injuries excepted) and need to roll the dice and try and get a good win this week with a somewhat settled lineup, leading into the first final .

Agree with this. It should be treated as a dress rehearsal for the first final. Obviously no risks should be taken with injuries but if players would normally play with whatever ailment they have then they should play.

Although resting Barry might be good due to his age you would not imagine it will be a super physical game.

Lake should rest if it helps his hip recovery as the guys playing in the Dons forward line have played mostly VFL this year anyway.

I'm all for resting players under an injury cloud, but don't forget Willy are playing a final on Saturday, so that doesn't make selection any easier. Things are just not working out for the dogs at the moment. :(

Barry Hall missed training with a corked thigh while Brian Lake was on light duties owing to a bout of conjunctivitis and a head cold but both are expected to be available this week

svRIEWOLDT-420x0.jpg

Thanks for the medal. :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back