• Sydney Sixes

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Melbourne Stars

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Hobart Hurricanes

Votes: 2 7.4%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Help me tip in this mega-tipping comp I got myself involved with.

Also:

Who will be the BBL Player with the most sixes during the regular season only?

One of these guys?

Someone other particular player?

Matthew Short
Alex Hales
Kurtis Patterson
Hilton Cartwright
Daniel Sams
Josh Philippe
Aaron Finch
Colin Munro
Mitchell Marsh
Joe Clarke
Ben McDermott
Ashton Turner

Think Stoinis could be a chance for most sixes, don't know if Stars will do that well though. Darcy Short may also bounce back and be up there depending on batting position and I think Wade should do well but not sure how many games he'll play. Of the options there Philippe will probably do best.

Sixers will have a way of making it into the top 3.

Sixers/Scorchers/Adelaide for me.

Adelaide will be stronger once they get back: Carey and Head.

Steve Smith is a liability in this form of the game (has been for a while). ALthough even a Starc and Hazlewood will cause trouble for a lot of these bats in this league. Would Sixers contemplate bringing back : Starc/Hazlewood/Lyon in one hit? Making way you would imagine would be: 1 of Abbott/Kerr/Dwarshuis, Todd Murphy and Jackson Bird.

Sixers will have a way of making it into the top 3.

Sixers/Scorchers/Adelaide for me.

Adelaide will be stronger once they get back: Carey and Head.

Steve Smith is a liability in this form of the game (has been for a while). ALthough even a Starc and Hazlewood will cause trouble for a lot of these bats in this league. Would Sixers contemplate bringing back : Starc/Hazlewood/Lyon in one hit? Making way you would imagine would be: 1 of Abbott/Kerr/Dwarshuis, Todd Murphy and Jackson Bird.
Starc and Hazelwood aren't their squad and won't be playing.

Sixers for me.

Reckon the Scorchers have just lost to many players this series.

Scorchers just find a way to win. One man goes out, the next man comes in and does his role. They are firmly in the mix to win it (again)

How far away is Mitch Marsh to returning ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Scorchers just find a way to win. One man goes out, the next man comes in and does his role. They are firmly in the mix to win it (again)

How far away is Mitch Marsh to returning ?

Marsh is out for the season. I think they're up against it when Faf and Lyth leave (yes he's been shit), I'd imagine Eskinazi and Bancroft replace them. Cam Green being ruled out is exactly what they didn't need, still enough quality there though with the best bowling attack in the comp and best middle order with Inglis, Turner and Hardie.

Marsh is out for the season. I think they're up against it when Faf and Lyth leave (yes he's been s**t), I'd imagine Eskinazi and Bancroft replace them. Cam Green being ruled out is exactly what they didn't need, still enough quality there though with the best bowling attack in the comp and best middle order with Inglis, Turner and Hardie.

Finding an opener to step in and do a role sounds like the challenge to Perth then. Bancroft should step in, Inglis could move back to the top, don't rate Hobson so hope Turner can bat in the top 4. Agar is good enough (imho) to be a top 6 batter. Could still end up something like this then;

Bancroft
Inglis
Hobson
Turner
Hardie
Agar
J.Richardson
Tye/Morris/Hatzoglou/Behrendorf

Finding an opener to step in and do a role sounds like the challenge to Perth then. Bancroft should step in, Inglis could move back to the top, don't rate Hobson so hope Turner can bat in the top 4. Agar is good enough (imho) to be a top 6 batter. Could still end up something like this then;

Bancroft
Inglis
Hobson
Turner
Hardie
Agar
J.Richardson
That's not a strong batting line up.
Agar at 6.

Scorchers best chance would be to bat first and try and get 140 to 150 which they can usually defend.

If they had to chase anymore than 140 I think they'd struggle.

Last edited:

Bancroft
Inglis
Hobson
Turner
Hardie
Agar
J.Richardson

6 bowlers plus Hardie (and even turner) is overkill. I'd say Eskinazi has a crack when Faf/Lyth leaves if not before then. Morris probably goes from the Aussie test squad to filling gatorades for the Scorchers or they could drop Hatz but I think he's been quite good this season. Kelly is always stiff to miss, must really hate the idea of being away from Perth over Xmas.

After a terrible start to the tournament, the two Sydney teams have worked their way into second and third place, and I think both still have improvement in them, although the Thunder's 228 against the Hurricanes suggest they are starting to hit peak form.

Hard to go past Perth for mine.
Their pace bowling attack is comfortably the best, and they also have multiple batting options too, for mine they seem the best balanced between bat and ball which is always important come finals given you never know which will be more important on any given day.

*Just saw they will be losing Faf, that potentially throws a spanner into the works with their batting, but it depends who they can find to replace him.

Hard to go past Perth for mine.
Their pace bowling attack is comfortably the best, and they also have multiple batting options too, for mine they seem the best balanced between bat and ball which is always important come finals given you never know which will be more important on any given day.

*Just saw they will be losing Faf, that potentially throws a spanner into the works with their batting, but it depends who they can find to replace him.
I agree the Scorchers have the best bowling attack.
Our batting is still skinny though.

Reckon the Strikers will hard to beat when they get Head and Carey back, even when they lose Khan and Lynn.

The thing about the scorchers bowling line up is the clear defined roles each bowler has

You can almost tell which over the bowlers will bowl

Batters are the same

There’s something about the culture - players come here and perform and go elsewhere and struggle

K Patterson the latest example

I agree the Scorchers have the best bowling attack.
Our batting is still skinny though.

Reckon the Strikers will hard to beat when they get Head and Carey back, even when they lose Khan and Lynn.
Ah yes, the old elite players coming back come finals to make a complete mockery and waste of time of the rosters that got teams there in the home and away, forgot about that.

Head and Carey in the one side is definitely potentially championship winning additions. Although losing Rashid is a massive blow.

Scorchers look like the team to beat at the moment.
Dorf and Richo almost impossible to get away in the opening 4 overs.
Tye always picking up wickets in the middle.
Inglis in top form and always gets the job done.
Would love for the Canes to find some serious form with McDermott Wade David and Short they can always post a big score or chase a big score but I find they’re always very vulnerable and don’t really have somebody who can anchor an innings when things get tough.
Will be interesting to see what happens from here so much can change quickly in 20/20.
My top 5 prediction
Scorchers
Sixers
Canes
Thunder
Strikers
Carn the Hurricanes.

Back