Eggzoi

Club Legend
Sep 2, 2004
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sam Hill, Nathan Rennie
http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/11779/Big-Day-Out-set-times-released.htm

I'm super unhappy about these times. Karnivool clash with UNKLE and going to either risks not getting back into the D for Rage.
Then Rage clash with Paul Kelly and Blasko (admittedly not so much of a problem for many but it is upsetting for me).
I also reckon nothing really gets interesting till Arcade Fire at 5:30 so I guess I'll just wander around, maybe catch Morello but I don't like what little I've heard of his solo stuff.

jeez... unkle and karnivool playing at the same time is a major pain in the arse... since karnivool are local, I'm gonna have to check out unkle in the boiler room. But they finish at 7.30 so will I still be able to get into the d for Rage?
I haven't been to a bdo in four years so i'm completely in the dark with that stupid freaking barrier.

hmmmm
hard-ons then over the rage against the machine will be tough.
probly go anti-flag over to the gurge then over to hilltop, then grinspoon or billy bragg depending on what i feel like at the time.

avoiding hot house + boiler room i think

Can get a decent run going at the Gold Coast one. Dizzee Rascal, start of Hilltop Hoods, Billy Bragg, end of Augie March, Morello's acoustic set, start of Battles, Unkle, Bjork, RATM, and a little of Carl Cox if one could be bothered.

Same thing happens every year which results in it being one of, if not the most, overrated festival around

Paying a shitload of money to see the odd 10/20 minutes of the bands you wish to see, if you get to at all, is rubbish

I'll probably do the whole day:
DIE! DIE! DIE!
Architecture in Warrandyte (gotta pay the name)
Anti-Flag
Food/Merchandise break
Midnight Juggernauts
Dizzee Rascal
Hilltop Hoods (os possibly food)
Grinspoon (or possibly Augie March)
Arcade Fire
Silverchair
Bjork
RATM

Lots of clashes this year that I'm pissed about. Really wanted to see Augie March, Battles, Karnivool and LCD Soundsystem (especially LCD Soundsystem. The only band I would choose over them is Rage and surprise surprise guess who they're up against). Bah.

Majorly annoyed with Paul Kelly/RATM clash. :(

Happens every year with the last acts. It's always a massively popular international act versus one that is no where near as popular but held in higher acclaim by people who know music.

I remember choosing The Flaming Lips over Metallica and then The Polyphonic Spree over The Beastie Boys. I stand by both decisions.

Was almost certain that Arcade Fire and Rage would clash, its good to see common sense prevailing.

Anyone for Bjork? She sucks the big one. Ill do my georgie to hit her on the back of the head with a wet tennis ball. CHOCK.

Thats after I deflower the porker who fronts Operator please. Damn kids ruining a perfectly good day.

Happens every year with the last acts. It's always a massively popular international act versus one that is no where near as popular but held in higher acclaim by people who know music.

I remember choosing The Flaming Lips over Metallica and then The Polyphonic Spree over The Beastie Boys. I stand by both decisions.

:eek:

oh dear

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i jus glad brand new and RATM didnt clash
so ill prolly see:
anti-flag
gyroscope
something with numbers
grinspoon
arcade fire
silverchair
BRAND NEW
RATM

maybe ill buy 2 stubby holders this time as im always loosin em haha

Majorly annoyed with Paul Kelly/RATM clash. :(

Same here! It's the classic "Band You'll Probably Only Ever Get To See Once But Don't Like As Much verses Band You Love But Could Easily See Again And Are Probably Playing Next Week At Your Local Pub."

My decision will hang until last minute. I will need tip offs from people going to BDO's before the Melbourne one, because if PK is playing his new album I'm not that interested, but if he's playing all the greats I'm VERY interested.

Other than this biggie, I have no clashes.

British India
then sticking around the green stage for Josh Pyke, Gyroscope, Spoon, and most of Augie March
ducking over to get a good spot for Arcade Fire
hang about for Silverchair
have dinner and cry, then decide between RATM and PK.

Sorry, this is my first time going this year. What does get into the d mean?
There's a D shaped barrier around the 2 main stages that only has room for a certain amoung of people then everyone else is outside that and further back. They only let people in as people come out when it fills up so you have to get in early or run the risk of not getting in at all for your favourite band.

There's a D shaped barrier around the 2 main stages that only has room for a certain amoung of people then everyone else is outside that and further back. They only let people in as people come out when it fills up so you have to get in early or run the risk of not getting in at all for your favourite band.
OK cheers for that Egghead. So how early are we talking here? Or is it hard to say? I guess it would fluctuate depending on the band.

Not totally sure as I've only done one previous BDO myself. After John Butler last year they announced that the D was full and people could only come in when people come out. I entered then and sat through the Killers (decent) and Jet (boo) to make sure I was in there for Muse. People will leave after every set but there's going to be a huge crush around the entrance to get in for Rage I assume.
I will probably leave Karnivool or Unkle 10 min early and hope, I'd also imagine that a lot of Bjork fans will leave the D before Rage.

SPOON - 5.20 - 6.10
ARCADE FIRE 6.00 - 7.00

this one is killing me. never seen either band. been a huge fan of both over the last few years. sure.. i could watch both but i could not get anywhere near the front for the arcade fire if a watch all of spoon who play at the other end of the showground:eek:

arcade fire should of headlined the smaller stage imo. ah well

My day would look like this:

Dappled Cities
British India
Josh Pyke
Faker
Belles Will Ring
Regurgitator
Hilltop Hoods
Billy Bragg
Augie March
Arcade Fire