bears jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope its the one with the Bear on as I don't have one of those.Its sure going to be wieird watching the Bear jumper of any vintage running around.I am sure a tear or two will be shed watching the match.

I'll be on holidays during heritage round so I thought I'd say, for the ol' Bears folk, enjoy seeing the old guernsey run round the paddock. I know us ol' Roys enjoyed it last year. Nothing wrong with the occasional looking backwards looking forwards...

I dont understand.

Shouldnt this be on a Brisbane Bears board... Afterall Ive heard so many times how the Bears and the Brissie lions are two totally seperate clubs:rolleyes:

Originally posted by SaveFeriss
I dont understand.

Shouldnt this be on a Brisbane Bears board... Afterall Ive heard so many times how the Bears and the Brissie lions are two totally seperate clubs:rolleyes:

Perhaps you should ring the Brisbane Lions Football Club or perhaps look at their website to get a definitive answer on this once and for all. Seeing that it bothers you so much.

And as Adey said, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Lions wear the Fitzroy jumper last year, so I guess the old Bears supporters must be feeling much the same anticipation and joy as we did.

The Brisbane Lions board have come up with an excellent policy to cover future heritage rounds.
- When in Melbourne the Fitzroy jumper will be worn.
- When in Brisbane the Bears jumper will be worn
- In any other venue the two strips will alternate. So if next year's Heritage round is anywhere but Brisbane the Fitzroy jumper will be worn and in 2006, if it's anywhere but Melbourne the Bears jumper will be worn.

Originally posted by SaveFeriss
I dont understand.

Shouldn't you be on a Richmond board?

Run along......

Originally posted by Roylion

And as Adey said, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing the Lions wear the Fitzroy jumper last year, so I guess the old Bears supporters must be feeling much the same anticipation and joy as we did.

Hell no Roylion. That old Bear jumper holds no special place for me & the other 1000 odd supporters who used to follow em. The Johnny-Come Lately supporters will wet themselves when they see it & the players surely die of embarrassment.

Fatty

Originally posted by Roylion
The Brisbane Lions board have come up with an excellent policy to cover future heritage rounds.
- When in Melbourne the Fitzroy jumper will be worn.
- When in Brisbane the Bears jumper will be worn
- In any other venue the two strips will alternate. So if next year's Heritage round is anywhere but Brisbane the Fitzroy jumper will be worn and in 2006, if it's anywhere but Melbourne the Bears jumper will be worn.

That works for me! And I'm sure it would keep most people happy! Good on them.

Surely it wouldn't have been too hard for the AFL to give us a Brisbane game for the heritage round. Not surprised though, considering who's in charge at the AFL.

Originally posted by CarterS
Surely it wouldn't have been too hard for the AFL to give us a Brisbane game for the heritage round. Not surprised though, considering who's in charge at the AFL.

Agree - really stupid. Especially the first time the only merged club gets an opportunity to play a heritage round in Brisbane.

Would have made a great impact if played at the Gabba.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

bears jumper

Remove this Banner Ad

Back