Past Beau 'Bozo' McDonald (1998-2008)

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Beau McDonald (1998 - 2008)

Im so happy we still have this bloke at our club. Apparently he is a super ruck coach. He was great to watch all those years ago. I didn't know much about the sport back then, but i knew he was good at what he did.

Re: Rohan Bewick

Numbers up for young Lions
1:26 PM Fri 25 Mar, 2011

Rohan Bewick and Ryan Lester were each officially presented with their debut Lions guernsey on Friday morning at the Gabba prior to the team’s final training session before Round One.

Bewick, who will wear the number 43 guernsey, received his jumper from Assistant Coach Beau McDonald who previously wore it proudly throughout his 91 game career with the Club.

In fact, McDonald - a two-time premiership ruckman - has worn the number 43 Lions guernsey in more senior matches than any other player in our Club’s combined history.

NUMBER 43
Beau McDONALD (Lions) - 91
Marcus ASHCROFT (Bears) - 10
John Fellowes LEWIS (Fitzroy) - 10
Gary PERT (Fitzroy) - 10
Andrew JOHNSTON (Fitzroy) - 9
Danny MORTON (Fitzroy) - 8
Harvey MERRIGAN (Fitzroy) - 7
Michael POYNTON (Fitzroy) - 6
Doug HELLINGS (Fitzroy) - 3
Ross KING (Fitzroy) - 2
Darren LOUTTIT (Fitzroy) - 2
Harry CORBETT (Fitzroy) - 2
Alan CHIPP (Fitzroy) - 1
Jamie SHAW (Fitzroy) - 1
Rohan Bewick (Lions) - 1

beau2f.jpg

Kinnear Beatson

He also has a soft spot for McDonald, who the Lions claimed at No.71 in 1997. McDonald played 91 games and featured in the Lions' 2001 and 2002 premierships but his career was cruelled by knee injuries.

"I still believe Beau would have become a very good player if not for those injuries," Beatson said.

mcdonald.jpg

Where Are They Now?: '03 Premiership Team

The latest addition to the AFL coaching ranks, albeit part-time, is Beau McDonald. A former ruck coach at the Lions, he joined the Fremantle Dockers as ruck coach this year. He also works for the WA Football Commission and has been WA Under 18 girls coach for four years. Is father to a girl who still lives in Brisbane with her mother.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back