Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

cypher said:
Apparently down to Kennedy or Hurn for pick four. ;)

Is the Hurn talk just a journalist throwing up a name though?

Or is it Carlton perhaps trying to push Hawthorn to take him at 3 so we can take the tall we want at 4 with Collingwood looking committed to Ellis at 2 now?

Hawthorn might feel that Collingwood are taking Thomas at 5 and they can afford to take there best tall at 3 knowing that Hurn is available at 6 for them also (if they actually rate him)

I dont think that is the case with Hawthorn and Hurn but perhaps a reason for Carlton PERHAPS showing an interest in him to ensure we take Dowler/Kennedy or Clark at 4.

Perhaps the injury worries on all those 3 talls means Carlton are going to play safe or Denis and Hughes are not in agreeance with who to take.

Personally would love to take Hurn at 4 and if not Dowler.

But we dont know how he is progressing after the accident and same with Kennedy and also Clark.

If ever there was a sign from god for Carlton to take Shannon Hurn then it has to be now with all the injuries and accidents to the talls. :D

" Carlton select player 110... Shannon Hurn from Central Districts"

You know you want to say those words Wayne. So start practising. :p

It appears Dowler is now likely to go to the Hawks at 3. So Pick 4 looks to be a choice out of Clark/Kennedy/Drum, don't seem interested in Ryder/Hurn from what I have heard. ATM Clark looks the most likely, but wouldn't surprise me if Carlton went for a local KP prospect in Drum, who they rate very highly.

mojo31 said:
Is the Hurn talk just a journalist throwing up a name though?
Just gossip I guess! ;)
Or is it Carlton perhaps trying to push Hawthorn to take him at 3 so we can take the tall we want at 4 with Collingwood looking committed to Ellis at 2 now?
Duck and Drakes are the best part of draft week.Hopefully this forces the other clubs' hands because we can afford to take the best available KPP or Hurn because they won't be there later. :)
Perhaps the injury worries on all those 3 talls means Carlton are going to play safe or Denis and Hughes are not in agreeance with who to take.
We'll get a bargain if they do go the safe route and this will be icing on the cake that is Marc Murphy. :D
Personally would love to take Hurn at 4 and if not Dowler.
I've got a gut feeling Dowler will be the big mover with all the positive press on his injury and we'll take a gift-wrapped Hurn or Kennedy.
If ever there was a sign from god for Carlton to take Shannon Hurn then it has to be now with all the injuries and accidents to the talls.
If we end up with arguably the two best players who are already capable of playing footy, I can see the odds of winning the 2006 spoon decreasing.

macca69 said:
It appears Dowler is now likely to go to the Hawks at 3. So Pick 4 looks to be a choice out of Clark/Kennedy/Drum, don't seem interested in Ryder/Hurn from what I have heard. ATM Clark looks the most likely, but wouldn't surprise me if Carlton went for a local KP prospect in Drum, who they rate very highly.
But you were 100% sure we were going for Dowler! :rolleyes:

Even though Drum is rated highly, I hope we don't overlook Hurn or the rough head that is Kennedy's for Drum or Mitch Clarke. :eek:

cypher said:
But you were 100% sure we were going for Dowler! :rolleyes:
Yeh i was sure Carlton were interested and would take him if available, I was unaware until last night, that Hawthorn were as keen on Dowler as Carlton are. I am still sure that barring a horrendous medical report he will not slip past pick 4.

cypher said:
Wasn't there a rumour Clarkson stated he wanted Kennedy at their B and F?

Great news if they do take Dowler regardless because I'd still be rapt to get this Josh Kennedy.

It wouldn't surprise me if Hawthorn rated Kennedy higher than Dowler, but because they knew Carlton would take Dowler at 4, then they will take Dowler at 3, and let Kennedy slide to 6. Assuming they know Carlton and Collingwood dont rate him. Rumour has it that Carlton want Clark/Drum and Collingwood want Hurn/Thomas, leaving Kennedy to be available at 6.

I think Hawks are in a good position now and will play safe to get their realistic target players. From what I understand the Hawks rate Kennedy as their no.1 choice (after murphy and ellis) and Dowler as no.2 preference. Now they know that Carlton are not that keen on Kennedy but their second preference is Dowler followed by Clark.

SO, if Hawks play smart they will go for Dowler at 3, which will mean Carlton will pick up Clark at 4, then Collingwood are interested in Thomas so they will pick him up with 5 leaving Kennedy going to Hawthorn with pick 6. This strategy would be a very smart one and will ensure they get their two top targets with relatively lower picks.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

i think you have picked it correctly, i must admit i thought hurn was a possible for the blues or the pies but things seem to have changed, we will all find out very soon.

macca69 said:

Macca, I'll cut my arm off on a live web-cam if Dowler goes at pick 3. That's a promise!

And Carlton are confrmed to be officially and defenitely interested in Hurn. You may want to put that into your calculations. Time is running out for you!

Carlton are interested in any footballer with a pulse ATM! :(

But I'm looking forward to the second sequel!
Saw.JPG

Funkalicous said:
Macca, I'll cut my arm off on a live web-cam if Dowler goes at pick 3. That's a promise!

And Carlton are confrmed to be officially and defenitely interested in Hurn. You may want to put that into your calculations. Time is running out for you!

Gee I wouldn't have made that promise if I were you ;)

What is your source on Hurn, i have heard that they want Clark/Drum and aren't interested in Hurn.

Damn! Only three picks from the thread of the year! :p
Funkalicous said:
Wrong on Hurn though.:thumbsdown:

macca69 said:
If Collingwood picked Ellis at 2, I would have thought the Hawks would pick Dowler at 3.

Me to. I believe we had Dowler and Kennedy pretty close together. Thought Hawks might take either and we would be left with the other 1.

However it worked out to be that we had first choice of all the talls and took Kennedy.

Never had any interest in Ryder even though we were taking him in phatom drafts on Burgatron. Hurn I think we might have had a passing interest with a more possession oriented style next year but he does not fit the profile of what Denis likes and we were also seemed to be taking a tall it was just a question of who.

The accident and medicals made it a bit harder to predict but think we got the one we wanted all along.

cypher said:
What happened to Lucy Mojo?:confused:

His agility like I wrote up Cypher. A man child who does not use the ball very well. Bower is more athletic and better skilled and is more agile. Lucy is fast from 5 to 20m but struggles with his first few steps. Might have problems turning and zig zag leads.

Bower is 192 and 87kgs and younger. Can play as a wing even while he develops.

Cab bulk up and be a KPP or keep lean and we a tall flanker/wing depending on how he develops and grows.

Lucy on the other hand is bigger and developed but is only ever going to be a tall defender and we seem to be trying to get more veratile players to the clib.

According to Carlton Bower> Lucy. Was told we would be taking 1 and Bower was the fav. (tried to say that in my post, if you read them I mentioned it (Lucy or Bower wuth 20 and a tall at 4 Kennedy or Dowler , Murphy to sign a 3 year deal I said a month ago).

I try and not post s h i t like Funky said. Read them for yourself and judge.

Where I was a long way off was Swallow. The club said his kicking had not improved (skilled session at draft camp) and his endurance was way down and would not make a midfielder with it. Since he is top aged and a real hard trainer he fell right away after the testing and his kicking not improving like the club hoped.

Hope that explains a little.

Remove this Banner Ad

Beau Dowler

Remove this Banner Ad

Back