Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm not sure we've ever had a project player play well for us.. we're talking good consistent football.. interesting exercise would be to run through a list of them.

Probably be lucky to have 1 in 10.. and I'm only saying that to compensate for not being able to think of one.

Aren't rookie draft picks exactly that? Maxwell, Lumumba, Wellingham, Mihocek, Blair, Macaffer, and Michael have all come through that program.

Holland was recruited as an established senior player from Fremantle. Hardly a project type either
He was a senior player yes, established no and basically steak knives in the deal for Clement, himself struggling to get a game at WC.
So no.
Malthouse got Holland , we did not go after him, though he said he was happy to have him because he had followed him as a 15 yo.

It still comes down to what you mean by "Project player" as I said.
Josh Fraser was no.1 pick and he could be called a project player.

Des Headland is another example.

He was a senior player yes, established no and basically steak knives in the deal for Clement, himself struggling to get a game at WC.
So no.
Malthouse got Holland , we did not go after him, though he said he was happy to have him because he had followed him as a 15 yo.

I thought Clement played with freo?

So no.

None of which refutes what I was saying about him not being the definition of a project player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

None of which refutes what I was saying about him not being the definition of a project player.
As I said originally and repeated last post, depends on your definition.

Off topic anyway which was my fault.

It is great to see a player getting some credit this season.
McCreery continues to improve, injury aside.

Fraser was a project player for the whole comp.
At the very least an experiment.
Agreed with the Fraser type - not necessarily him as an individual.
The football community had a bee in their bonnet about athletic and mobile big men just as he came into his draft year.

Agreed with the Fraser type - not necessarily him as an individual.
The football community had a bee in their bonnet about athletic and mobile big men just as he came into his draft year.
He was instantly considered the number 1 pick by media and the experts, even though Pavlich was there. Dear Bruce early in Fraser's first season labelled him the best player he had seen.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back