Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

McCreery is a barometer player. He is an impact player.

When he went out we racked up the losses as he brings genuine tenacity and mongrel to the team as well as elite pace strength and excellent kick/decision making.

If we could get him to 25 disp game in mid he'd be a genuine star of the comp.
He is only 23 and a beast athlete has 10 years of good footy in him.

It's why I wouldn't trade him even as part of that trade hypothetical suggestion in here.

PS my partner has affectionately Nick named him pubes and is one of her favourites.

Was the team strategy to park the bus? It looked like we simply got destroyed in the center in the last quarter and then Carlton ran and took risks. From there we were on the back foot defending.

There definitely is a park the bus strategy in 2024. Not just in that Carlton game but also vs freo, Sydney and another I can't quite recall we got burnt on.

Doing it far too early though.

It's a weak knee jerk snipe.

Mcreery has not had a good season, he had a good game.

You get the responses you deserve, instead of celebrating Mcreery's game you wanted to score a cheap point in an argument.

I think he's had an ok season when fit. Has had some good games, some okay games and injuries.

Imo the criticism has been harsh.

Does need a full off-season training as a mid imo.

I think he's had an ok season when fit. Has had some good games, some okay games and injuries.

Imo the criticism has been harsh.

Does need a full off-season training as a mid imo.
Says the bloke that criticises many of our players.

Says the bloke that criticises many of our players.

I'm saying the criticism of Beau has been harsh.
Not, don't criticise him.
Do you get the difference? in other words I don't think he's been as bad as portrayed.

So what if I do critique players games both good and bad?
I give criticism and also praise when deserved...its called being balanced and not just all negative or all positive.

This forum isn't just to have a wankfest.

Criticism of McCreery is completely unjustified and has been all year. He is not a high possession player, because he is fumbly, but every other facet of his game is well above average. He is the outstanding pressure forward of the competition, and should be judged on this, not on his midfield exploits, which his unsure hands ensure will be patchy at best.

Criticism of McCreery is completely unjustified and has been all year. He is not a high possession player, because he is fumbly, but every other facet of his game is well above average. He is the outstanding pressure forward of the competition, and should be judged on this, not on his midfield exploits, which his unsure hands ensure will be patchy at best.

He's a very good player. Could become an absolute star in both directions if he cleans up his ground ball technique.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's a very good player. Could become an absolute star in both directions if he cleans up his ground ball technique.
Agree. I would also say that this is the reason why he has been good after returning from injury. He has been very clean with his ground ball, while earlier in the year he often struggled to pick the ball up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Player Watch Beau McCreery

Remove this Banner Ad

Back